Author Topic: Ashamed of how I voted  (Read 7259 times)

telewinz

• friend
Ashamed of how I voted
« on: July 06, 2005, 01:43:23 PM »
George can't ride a bike now either.  I've gone from being a rabid Bush supporter (six years ago) to beginning to wonder whose worse,  George Bush or Jimmy Carter?  It's becoming a dead heat between the two.  George has turned out to be a person of extremely limited abilities as far as I'm concerned.  I should have left the ballot blank, is Jeb this dumb?
Career Corrections

Preacherman

Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 03:00:12 PM »
Bush may not be the greatest of Presidents, and I disagree with a number of his positions.  The only consolation I can offer is that the alternatives available would have been distinctly worse, IMHO...
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

TarpleyG

• friend
Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 03:15:50 PM »
Jesus Christ.  You know what...have you ever wrecked YOUR bike?  How about had a car crash or fell off your skateboard?  Give the guy a *expletive deleted*ing break will ya?  Big deal...so he ran into a Scottish cop.  Were you there to know all the details?  Maybe it couldn't be avoided.

Greg

Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 04:00:01 PM »
I've done some of those things, but I've never signed anything into law that I knew was unconstitutional and I never conspired to hold US Citizens indefinitely without charges so I don't feel like a complete moron. Smiley

matis

• friend
Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 04:01:39 PM »
I knocked doors in my neighborhood for weeks, asking to place BUSH/CHENEY yard signs.  I supported him then and I support him now.

I DO have some serious policy differences with him, but as Preacherman says above:  would you prefer Kerry??

matis
Si vis pacem; para bellum.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 04:20:54 PM »
You'd prefer, maybe, John Kerry?

Americans! Turn in your guns so that we can all cower before our new masters, the international terrorists!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 04:24:06 PM »
I like entire Bill of Rights. The 2nd is the only one W. is willing to leave alone to buy peace to gut the rest of them.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 04:27:33 PM »
"The 2nd is the only one W. is willing to leave alone to buy peace to gut the rest of them."

rolleyes

Yeah, John Kerry's voting record in Congress gives every indication that he's a strict Constitutionalist.

Jesus...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 04:52:06 PM »
Who in the leadership (or leadership wannabees) in either the R or D parties would anyone consider to be a strict constructionist?  Name one please.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 06:51:34 PM »
As for the bike crash, maybe it's that left side of the road thing. Tongue

As for Bush, he has accomplished much less than I had hoped for. However, it is a dis-service to put things entirely on him. We have a Republican majority suffering from a total lack of cojones. The seeds of compromise they have sewn are coming to roost now that Justice O'Connor has announced her retirement.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 07:37:00 PM »
Garrettwc hit on something. The Republicans have a clear majority, in both houses, to further what their voter constituency desires, but they lack (or apparently lack the will ) the ability to project their power to further that power, fearing 'backlash' or an 'unwillingness to compromise' with the liberal side.

Nixon once said "I believe in building bridges, but we should only build our side of the bridge".

Use that bully pulpit or you'll lose it without a fight.

BTW, Carter was attacked by a special covert-ops SEAL-trained swamp rabbit years ago.  Coincidence? I think not Cheesy

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 12:23:33 AM »
Who in the leadership (or leadership wannabees) in either the R or D parties would anyone consider to be a strict constructionist?  Name one please.
Your wish, my command, grampster.

Ron Paul.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 12:36:59 AM »
Ron Paul rocks.

telewinz

• friend
Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 12:50:56 AM »
Bush is stubborn (low IQ?), can't speak above an 8th grade level, can't lead even with a majority in congress, is a world leader only by default and is already considered a lame duck early in his second term.  An over achiever he ain't but he has had a better chance than most Presidents to shine.  I don't think he should be compared to Kerry...maybe Grant instead.
Career Corrections

TarpleyG

• friend
Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 02:34:38 AM »
I am stubborn and I speak with a southern drawl so I must have a low IQ too.  You know what, some people have a difficult time putting ideas into words and I think Bush os one of those people.  Granted, he is President but he is our elected choice so you're stuck with him.  I have given the guy a fair shake for sure.  I definitely do not agree with his administration on more than a few points but for the given situation, I think he is doing okay.  All I can say is that if you can do better, pony up.  FWIW, Jeb was the one that was supposed to be President.  I know I would have preferred to have him in the White House.

Greg

Bemidjiblade

• friend
Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 02:36:47 AM »
Telewinz,

So determination = stupidity?
Any skilled speaker is going to address his audience at the level they process information.  If he's speaking at an 8th grade level, perhaps it's because 6th to 4th grade levels are the levels of information spoon fed to sheeple these days, so that's what they can process.
An over-achiever? Well... perhaps you expected more than the overthrow of a military dictatorship that plagued the world for 20 years, the liberation of women in Afghanistan, and (whether or not they're doing anything about it), the gaining of a majority in the house and the senate.  But I'm pleasantly surprised.
It's the senators I'm ready to strangle.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2005, 03:40:42 AM »
"Bush is stubborn (low IQ?), can't speak above an 8th grade level..."

Absolutely incredible.

Please provide some sort of data, hell I'd even accept something from Dr. Nick Riviera, that indicates that having, and HOLDING, a clearly defined vision and purpose means that an individual is of low intelligence. If Bush backed off quickly on everything, people such as yourself would be pissing and moaning that he doesn't have testicular fortitute or staying power, and that he doesn't hold any strong beliefs.

As for the apparent absolute link between speech and intelligence, I'm not a good speaker by any stretch of the imagination. That's why I'm a writer. But, I guess I'm too stupid to know that on your scale I'm just a retard, right?

You may wish to actually THINK about what you're posting before you post it lest someone thing you suffer from a low intelligence level for apparently prescribing to such marginal theories.

Nathaniel Firethorn

• friend
  • Extra Thorny
Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2005, 05:53:38 AM »
IIRC, Bush has an IQ around 126, a couple of points above Kerry.

- NF
Give up no state. Give up no ground.

http://www.njcsd.org

DigMe

Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2005, 08:01:52 AM »
Chiding Bush for falling off a bike is just flat-out moronic.  

brad cook

Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2005, 08:06:55 AM »
Gerald Ford  probably still holds the record for being the most "accident prone".  
He was always falling down and hitting folks with Golf Balls it seems...

" Thwack!"
"Fore!"

" Mr. President - you are supposed to yell "Fore!" a wee bit sooner - Sir"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2005, 09:20:38 AM »
Don't forget Clinton tripping on the stairs at Greg Norman's house and blowing his knee out.

Or Ronald Reagan taking a header off a horse and requiring brain surgery.

It really doesn't surprise me that people would latch on to that to form a frontal assault. Appearance is everything, and if the President doesn't appear to be the strong, virile, John Wayne archeotype of the mythical American male, he becomes the object of ridicule. I really wonder, though, just how many people who are queueing up to play sneaky sniper are in as good of shape as Bush is?

Sean Smith

Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2005, 09:32:02 AM »
I would like a president who can talk, though.   Is that so much to ask?

Typhoon

• friend
Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2005, 09:33:55 AM »
Careful about the Bush/Carter comparisons.  It would take quite the leap to compare President Disaster to President Bush.  Remember Carters failed foreign policy with respect to the Middle East.  The Carter Doctrine (any Soviet incursion into the Middle East represents a vital threat to U.S. national security interests)?  Please.   The Soviets still invaded Afghanistan and Iran fell.  Dont even get me started about who actually instigated the Camp David Accords.  Is President Sadat in the House?

Do you remember?  President Malaise, gas lines, stagflation, double digit interest rates&

Stop it&
To the stars!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2005, 10:59:07 AM »
What, Bush can't talk?

Funny, I saw him talking very concisely and effectively a few days ago.

Saw the same thing this afternoon when I caught a clip of him condemning the London bombings.

That is the one thing that I will always remember about Jimmy Carter... The Malaise Speech. He tried to make us all feel better by scolding us like a school teacher.

Reagan made us feel better by inspiring us.

Big difference.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Ashamed of how I voted
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2005, 11:35:15 AM »
Bush can talk, he just doesn't use five dollar words that a lot of other people to make themselves seem smarter than they really are.

I like his folksy way of talking, when he talks it doesn't seem like he all high and mighty.

Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536