Author Topic: You heard it here first....  (Read 227 times)

grampster

• friend
You heard it here first....
« on: March 10, 2023, 10:33:34 AM »
With the award program coming up that nobody watches...(what's its name again?) the young feller who played Elvis is being put forth as a winner of a statue. 

So here is the prediction.  Some Hollywood producer who never had much of an original thought with respect to movies is going to have a Eureka!! moment and announce he is going to produce a remake of ALL of Elvis' old movies with the new young guy Elvis as the star.  Any bets on how Woke they will be?   :old: :old: [popcorn]
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
Re: You heard it here first....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 11:09:00 AM »
Your words, I have marked them.
7-11 was a part time job.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 11:41:59 AM »
The only way such a series of remakes would be acceptable is if Elvis is portrayed as a transgender POC.
Anything less would be cisgendered oppression.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 12:54:30 PM »
So here is the prediction.  Some Hollywood producer who never had much of an original thought with respect to movies is going to have a Eureka!! moment and announce he is going to produce a remake of ALL of Elvis' old movies with the new young guy Elvis as the star. 

Why? Did they finally run out of comic books?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife