Author Topic: A letter I wrote to BrokenKid's school principal (long)  (Read 4265 times)

SADShooter

• friend
A letter I wrote to BrokenKid's school principal (long)
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2006, 12:14:38 PM »
I hate to have my cynicism vindicated. I really do. My recommendation, at the next (inevitable?) evidence of nonresponse by the administration, is that you froth violently from the mouth...in front of a camera. I pledge that I will make my level best effort not to stereotype you with the broad brush in my first post. I'll also say a silent apology to the people who, having attempted unsuccessfully to work within the system, became the squeaky wheels out of frustration.

Best of luck,

SADShooter
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

grampster

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2006, 01:17:01 PM »
The following is not a criticism of good teachers; there are many of them who labor hard in trying to civilize 21st century brats.  I have the highest respect for those quietly suffering angels.  However....

Having gone toe to toe with the gubmint school system and their administrators over a period of 4 years regarding the institutionalized notion that more money and new buildings with terrazzo floors are the answer to kids not being able to read or spell or count to 100, you are finding out what I learned.

They do not, repeat, do not appreciate having you stick your nose into their business, period.  They will smile, they will pat you on the head, but they will never, ever, let you into the club unless you become one of them.  Becoming one of them means that you gush over everthing that is done and agree at all times.  To deign to have the temerity to challenge them, will make you an outcast and you will then become a target of their venom.  Wait and see.

They are not interested in your suggestions  You are beneath them.  They are the educators and you are the uneducated.  How dare you begin to challenge their authority and direction.  How dare you, the unwashed, challenge curriculii. Most educators that have become administrators consider themselves beyond reproach.  All of us are their children and children must be led.  

Looks to me like you'll have to play hardball and at the end of the day, you'll win the battle, but you will lose the war.  Have at it, as it is fun while your doing it.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2006, 03:29:41 PM »
Keep on them.  Next step is the school board.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2006, 06:35:41 PM »
Keep a very detailed paper trail.  Keep a journal of all calls, and write down the highlights.   Recording telephone calls is legally iffy.   Being fair, balanced, open minded, etc is very noble but remember, if it's not in writing, it never existed.  

I don't want to seem too cynical off the bat, but you're fighting an uphill battle.    The administration will stonewall you.   Unfortunately, as SADShooter said, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.   More than a few of those foaming at the mouth types got said foaming from dealing with the desk weenies and getting exactly nowhere.  

I sincerely hope you make out better than my "happy" experiences with dealing with biased teachers.   Best of luck, you will indeed need it.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ezekiel

• friend
  • Intellectual Masturbationist
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2006, 05:42:48 AM »
Quote from: Felonious Fig
When is WhiteImeanAngloEuropeanHyphenAmerican History Month?
Actually, I think that's known as "every other month of the year."  (Doesn't February, itself, contain two Federal holidays?)  I do find it ironic that "Black History Month" gets the shortest month of the calendar.  Smiley
Zeke