Author Topic: Does anyone have that infamous Danish cartoon?  (Read 1044 times)

TMM

• friend
Does anyone have that infamous Danish cartoon?
« on: March 04, 2006, 02:03:37 PM »
My grampa wants to see it. so do I. anyone?

thanks,
~tmm

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 02:23:57 PM »
There were actually 12 cartoons, they are all displayed on the bottom of this page:

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/698

Be advised, that so much as viewing that page puts you right onto the ever-growing suicide-bomber target list.

TMM

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 08:24:15 AM »
Hah, i doubt they'd bother with my humble town...
anyway.

is it just me or do very few of those make any sence? i love the "Stop we ran out of virgins!" one, though...

~tmm

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 09:28:51 AM »
If you want to see those same cartoons in an even WORSE light -> http://www.zipperfish.net/free/yaafm12.php

Fair warning, he takes a shot at ALL religions with this one.  Not work safe, kid safe, none of it.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 11:44:26 AM »
is it just me or do very few of those make any sence? i love the "Stop we ran out of virgins!" one, though...
Political cartoons are very cultural in nature. it is unlikely that many cartoons from other countries will make a whole lot of sense to an American audience and visa versa. The more different the cultures, the less sense they will make. It is almost a certainty that none of the cartoons make any sense at all to a middle eastern audience.