Author Topic: Illegal Touching  (Read 1649 times)

Polishrifleman

• friend
Illegal Touching
« on: March 06, 2006, 10:21:10 AM »
I posted earlier on the child expelled for sexual harrasment but this one is almost better.  It sounds like some parents were mad their teenage son received a "titty twister" from a buddy and called the cops.  Anyway....

Oregon teen heads to juvenile detention for pinching another boy's nipple
The Associated Press

GOLD HILL, Ore.  A teen who pinched and twisted another boy's nipple while standing in line at a deli has been sentenced to four days in juvenile detention because he refused to write a letter that explained his actions.

The 16-year-old, was convicted of offensive physical touching in July 2005, after the victim's parents complained to Gold Hill police. The Crater High School student paid a $67 fine and served three days of community service.

"I emptied trash cans, mowed lawns and shoveled gravel," the teen said.

But the teen's refusal to comply with the final piece of his sentence will cost him four days in detention. He was required to write the letter during four classes put on by Mediation Works, which operates the victim-offender program for Jackson County Community Justice.

Mary Miller, executive director of Mediation Works, said the purpose of the letter is to prepare teens to be accountable for their offenses.

"They don't have to apologize," she said. "But they are required to be accountable."

The offender is required to describe the act in detail, explain "thinking errors," "express empathy" and describe any resultant life changes.

Miller said the program is "often a very, very healing experience between the victim and youth offender."

The teen said he presented a rough draft of his letter in the third session. He said he balked when told he must also describe his "criminal thought processes."

He said that would imply malicious or criminal intent, and "none of that applied to my feelings or actions."

The teen said he had no criminal intent because he considered the victim to be a friend at the time of the incident  which he deemed horseplay. Including the language sought by Mediation Works, he said, would turn his prior court statements into lies.

"It was a matter of conscience," the teen said. "I figure the worst is already over."

Ken Chapman, a Community Justice juvenile probation supervisor, verified the teen's sentence.

"The judge found a willful violation of the court order," Chapman said.

Copyright © 2006 The Seattle Times Company

Declaration Day

• friends
Illegal Touching
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 11:22:50 AM »
Quote from: Polishrifleman
The teen said he presented a rough draft of his letter in the third session. He said he balked when told he must also describe his "criminal thought processes."

He said that would imply malicious or criminal intent, and "none of that applied to my feelings or actions."

The teen said he had no criminal intent because he considered the victim to be a friend at the time of the incident  which he deemed horseplay. Including the language sought by Mediation Works, he said, would turn his prior court statements into lies.

"It was a matter of conscience," the teen said. "I figure the worst is already over."
What is this world coming to? Kids engage in "horseplay" all the time.  

I did it, my kids do it.  

If this were my son, I would be proud of him for defying such sillyness.

Strings

Illegal Touching
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 11:33:26 AM »
and get ready for more: they're trying to train the next generations to just take whatever the authorities decide to dish out. Unfortunately, it seems to be working FAR too often...

griz

• friend
Illegal Touching
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 11:47:31 AM »
The court can order you to "express empathy"?

Sounds like a reverse thought crime.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

crt360

• friend
Illegal Touching
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 12:10:05 PM »
How did the parents know the kid got a titty-twister?  I imagine the shame he felt as a result of the parents' actions was way worse than any illegal touching.  I wonder what they'll do when Mr. Titty Twister gets out of juvi and beats their kid's ass.
For entertainment purposes only.

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
Illegal Touching
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 12:15:44 PM »
The pussification continues. Article doesn't say whether the "victim" got in his own licks, just that puss-boy went running to mommy and daddy.
Back in the day, guys in high school were fond of giving "heart checks"; wherein you punch someone as hard as you can in the sternum, while yelling heart check. Guy tried it on me once. He spent the next 2 days in the hospital and 2 weeks recovering. Never did live down the crying thing.
So, if puss-boy didn't like getting a purple nurple, he should have shown his displeasure in a tangible manner. Put a stop to that crap in a hurry.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Illegal Touching
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 01:16:32 PM »
The offender is required to describe the act in detail, explain "thinking errors," "express empathy" and describe any resultant life changes.
I was wrong in thinking that he wasn't a little girl, I am empathetic to the fact that little girls don't like being picked on, and from now on in life I won't hang around this pansy.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

grampster

• friend
Illegal Touching
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 01:57:15 PM »
Kudos to the nipple twister.  I think he just gave the "system" a snuggy by refusing their New Age PC crap.  I admire his thought process.   He sounds like a thoughtful kid and sees through all the crap.  Hope there's more like him.

Dreck on the whinny little s**t that cried to mommy and daddy.  He should have gone to school when I did.  One had to develop many good life skills in those days by avoiding or confronting things that some would have liked to have dished out.

We're turning into a nation of wimps and I'm pleased to see one who exercises more thoughtful wisdom than his elders or the court, for that matter.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Illegal Touching
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 04:36:01 PM »
I wonder what they'd say when my kid grows up to that age....I fully intend to teach him that "illegal touching" deserves a punch in the eye....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Antibubba

• friend
Illegal Touching
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 05:35:41 PM »
Miller said the program is "often a very, very healing experience between the victim and youth offender."

I think most 16 year-old boys, even in these times of fragile feelings, would rather be de-pantsed in the hallway than submit to a "very healing experience" with a male peer.

Yes, this will go on your permanent record.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
Illegal Touching
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 06:34:14 PM »
Have no fear my adult friends, horseplay is still alive in most schools and teenage environments accross the nation. Why, even here, in an arts high school in San Francisco California, I regularly give and receive "sexual harrassment," "offensive bodily touching," and pretty much downright "assault."

The nipple twister is my signature move, actually.
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

Declaration Day

• friends
Illegal Touching
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 03:31:15 AM »
Quote from: Winston Smith
Have no fear my adult friends, horseplay is still alive in most schools and teenage environments accross the nation. Why, even here, in an arts high school in San Francisco California, I regularly give and receive "sexual harrassment," "offensive bodily touching," and pretty much downright "assault."

The nipple twister is my signature move, actually.
You'd better see a counselor about this, before you and your friends become serial killers.