Author Topic: Centerfire Systems...  (Read 882 times)

Third_Rail

• friend
Centerfire Systems...
« on: March 06, 2006, 12:04:58 PM »
...refuses to sell parts kits to me because I'm under 21. Not only parts kits do they refuse to sell, they flat out refuse to sell anything to me because of my age.

It's a shame they don't want my money.

Just thought you'd all like to know that if you're under 21, this company does not want your business.

If you'd like to voice your opinion on this policy to them, their e-mail address is feedback@centerfiresystems.com
The phone number there is 1-800-950-1231

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

Centerfire Systems...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 03:44:38 PM »
Put yourself in their shoes, 3rd...
If you're 18, and they sell you a parts kit that you use to finish out a fully automatic whatever, and turn out to be another Dylan Klebold/ric Harris clone, and take your teen rage out against the nearest local skool, that exposes them to risk beyond what they have the tolerance for.

I don't know the fine gradations of the law, but they are protecting their business interests by reducing their risk.
Sorry.  I feel your pain, it's just how it is.

Third_Rail

• friend
Centerfire Systems...
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 04:14:08 PM »
Felonious Fig

Well, gee! In that case, I suppose that taking your guns away is okay, because you might turn out to be another Dylan Klebold. Afterall, if it saves one life.....

If I wanted a FA, I'd build one. I'm a machinist; that's not a hard task. I want to make a SA out of a piece of history. Why punish the many for the actions of the few?

Blackburn

Thank you, I appreciate anyone calling/writing the company.

Centerfire Systems...
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 05:45:39 PM »
Well, gee! In that case, I suppose that taking your guns away is okay, because you might turn out to be another Dylan Klebold. Afterall, if it saves one life.....
I hope you can see the staggering difference between a private company refusing a sale and what you are describing here. If you cant, then maybe they made the right choice.

Third_Rail

• friend
Centerfire Systems...
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 03:34:39 AM »
c_yeager, I do see the difference. They're legally in the clear to make this choice, and I'd never take that power away from them.

I just don't believe it's just to refuse to sell because of age.