Author Topic: Benghazi - The missing 17 minutes memo/smoking gun.  (Read 3504 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Benghazi - The missing 17 minutes memo/smoking gun.
« on: May 01, 2014, 01:40:47 PM »
Had this been a R president, impeachment proceedings would have already begun.

Do note that it was an independent group that got the memo from a FOIA request, not any of the so-called "Professional News Orgs".

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/05/134524-oreilly-dishonest-media-ignoring-new-benghazi-bombshell-protect-obama/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Benghazi - The missing 17 minutes memo/smoking gun.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 02:12:49 PM »
I think most of us here have been almost positive since September 12, 2012 that the White House was lying.

If the media doesn't mention it, then it doesn't exist. Goebbels would be proud.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 02:13:27 PM »
Meanwhile the former J-2 of AFRICOM testifies that:
"The point is we should have tried," Lovell told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, in his opening statement. "As another saying goes -- always move to the sound of the guns."

THIS.

*expletive deleted*.

THIS.

RIGHT.

HERE.

As anyone who's ever served will tell you, one of the first things you learn/are taught/have pounded into you is:  "When in doubt, march to the sound of the guns."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/01/military-official-should-have-tried-to-help-americans-during-benghazi-attack/

Can we start impeachment hearings yet?

We have the murder of 4 Americans, we have a failure to respond and we have a deliberate cover-up.  "What did the President know and when did he know it?"

I guess Hillary failed that 3am phone call test also:

He later said the military "could have made a response of some sort." Lovell, who was stationed in Germany during the attack, made clear repeatedly that the military was waiting for clearance from the State Department to intervene in Benghazi.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 02:19:02 PM by scout26 »

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 03:45:24 PM »
Obama failed the test also.  Where was he exactly?  An attack on our embassy should have had him involved also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 03:48:07 PM »
Obama failed the test also.  Where was he exactly?  An attack on our embassy should have had him involved also.

Needed his beauty sleep before flying to a 9/12 campaign stop in Vegas, IIRC.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 04:06:52 PM »
If Obama were a Republican, Benghazi would never have happened, because he'd have been impeached and convicted four or five times already for all the other stuff before Benghazi even happened.
I promise not to duck.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Re: Benghazi - The missing 17 minutes memo/smoking gun.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 10:20:17 PM »
If Obama were a Republican, Benghazi would never have happened, because he'd have been impeached and convicted four or five times already for all the other stuff before Benghazi even happened.

For instance,  going to war in Libya without even pretending to get congressional approval.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 10:25:19 PM »
Hard questions being asked, dodged and then the dodges destroyed.   Brett Baier is one of the very few pursuing this story.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3528551088001/tommy-vietor-ben-rhodes-e-mail-tells-us-nothing-new/#sp=show-clips

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 10:28:44 PM »
O'Reilly mentioned that "but everyone knows about racist remarks by an NBA owner"

I was wondering what the media has been trying to distract the sheep from...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 08:10:24 AM »
Can we start impeachment hearings yet?

The correct thing to do would be to start building gallows and ordering rope. There are a lot of bodies that need to swing for this- litterally, not figuretively, if the federal government is to retain any legitimacy.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 08:45:43 AM »
Hard questions being asked, dodged and then the dodges destroyed.   Brett Baier is one of the very few pursuing this story.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3528551088001/tommy-vietor-ben-rhodes-e-mail-tells-us-nothing-new/#sp=show-clips

And he continues the successful strategy for the Obama administration:

Delay, stall, stonewall, stall, stonewall some more, then say "This was a long time ago!"

EVERY scandal, this is what they've done. EVERY ONE.

And, with a compliant an accomplice of the press, it's has worked. Every single time. No where near enough people care that we had an ambassador, 2 SEALS, and a civil servant murdered because of the administration's incompetence and hubris. (Or that hundreds, if not thousands of Mexicans were murdered for the same reason. Or that conservatives are being targeted by the IRS. Or...)

THAT is the most damning thing about all of this.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 08:57:19 AM by makattak »

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 09:46:17 AM »
And, with a compliant an accomplice of the press, it's has worked. Every single time. No where near enough people care that we had an ambassador, 2 SEALS, and a civil servant murdered because of the administration's incompetence and hubris. (Or that hundreds, if not thousands of Mexicans were murdered for the same reason. Or that conservatives are being targeted by the IRS. Or...)

THAT is the most damning thing about all of this.

To quote Tommy Vietor, "Dude, this was a long time ago..."

I reiterate. Benghazi is NOT a scandal. It is a crime. Scandals are reserved for "Bill and Monica" incidents, not deaths. Scandals are also reserved for having someone like Vietor, in the presidential circle, representing a US Presidential Administration by talking like a dope smoking college freshman. Dude.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 10:31:18 AM »
To quote Tommy Vietor, "Dude, this was a long time ago..."

I reiterate. Benghazi is NOT a scandal. It is a crime. Scandals are reserved for "Bill and Monica" incidents, not deaths. Scandals are also reserved for having someone like Vietor, in the presidential circle, representing a US Presidential Administration by talking like a dope smoking college freshman. Dude.

Yes.
If Benghazi is a scandal, then Watergate was an offense on the same level as jaywalking.

Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 10:37:05 AM »
Note that the GOP is utterly toothless when it comes to dealing with Obama & Company. A baseball pitcher was prosecuted (and acquitted at trial) for allegedly lying to Congress, but when it comes to Obama administration officials, harsh words are about the limit from the GOP.

Just as an example, here's an editorial that sums up the results of the 2012 contempt citation against Holder:  http://www.humanevents.com/2014/04/09/ag-holder-explodes-contempt-of-congress/

A few passages:

. . . Holder’s contempt citation has not mattered at all.  He’s still doing what he was put in the Justice Department to do: conceal documents, refuse to investigate Obama Administration scandals, and provide political fodder for the Democrats’ agenda . . .

. . . Everyone knows there was no endgame beyond that contempt citation; the rest of Obama Justice is not going to prosecute Holder for anything, any more than Holder is going to prosecute anyone over the IRS scandal . . .

Regular people who behave this way end up in jail . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 11:09:36 AM »
Note that the GOP is utterly toothless when it comes to dealing with Obama & Company. A baseball pitcher was prosecuted (and acquitted at trial) for allegedly lying to Congress, but when it comes to Obama administration officials, harsh words are about the limit from the GOP.

Just as an example, here's an editorial that sums up the results of the 2012 contempt citation against Holder:  http://www.humanevents.com/2014/04/09/ag-holder-explodes-contempt-of-congress/

A few passages:

Regular people who behave this way end up in jail . . .

They are afraid hold the first black president accountable.

It really is that simple. It's all about race. ALL about race. Not even mostly.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 11:25:04 AM »
They are afraid hold the first black president accountable.

It really is that simple. It's all about race. ALL about race. Not even mostly.

No. Its more that they don't care. Nobody gives a *expletive deleted*it about race anymore except racists who make their living off racism.
Dems and repubs play for the same team- leviathon. There are a few outlyers that don't, but they are on the fringe.
The last 6 years has absolutely proven beyond a doubt that the Rs are nothing more than cynical enablers to federal power grabs, before which they were the main architects.
The best Rs can offer is to stir the *expletive deleted* in order to keep voters engaged and believing in the process. As of yet, noone has done any prison time for the myriad of crimes committed by the current administration.
When we see people tried, let alone convicted for treason, I'll start to lose my cynicism- its a safe bet that won't happen.
Its getting really close to time to start withdrawing consent.

Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 12:02:04 PM »
Maybe the repukes are legitimatly afraid of who'll become prez if Obama is removed ..... [tinfoil] [barf]

Well, whatever, I agree the repubs have no real drive to deal effectively with Obama & company.
So, once more, we have "The Evil Party" and "The Stupid Party."
 :'(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 12:20:25 PM »
Indication this morning of a Special Committee, based on satisfaction of Boehner's desire for concrete evidence linking to the White House. This, combined with hard questions from non-Fox members of the WH press corps, suggest an increase in momentum. We'll see.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 12:37:58 PM »
This, combined with hard questions from non-Fox members of the WH press corps, suggest an increase in momentum. We'll see.

Heck, even HuffPo wasn't being as gentle as usual in the last couple of articles I glanced through over there.  The administration might be finding out the hard way that there are limits to how low even the yellowest journalists will sink.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 03:25:34 PM »
RUMINT has it that Rep Trey Gowdy R-SC will be chairing the select committee.  That sound you heardwas quite afew aholes simultaneously slamming shut in the administration.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2014, 03:37:11 PM »
Maybe the repukes are legitimatly afraid of who'll become prez if Obama is removed .....

The words "President Biden" would certainly send chills up my spine.

Well, whatever, I agree the repubs have no real drive to deal effectively with Obama & company.
So, once more, we have "The Evil Party" and "The Stupid Party."
 :'(

From a political strategy standpoint, it would be more advantageous to weaken and shame the current administration such that any Democrat (Hillary?) running in 2016 would try to distance themselves from it as much as possible.  Actual impeachment may not be necessary.  It might even backfire.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:44:28 PM by Angel Eyes »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2014, 03:41:55 PM »
The words "President Biden" would certain send chills up my spine.

And just imagine if Biden got caught up in the mess too.  That's why the House is taking so much interest.

Another RINO would just make things worse.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2014, 03:57:33 PM »
The Republicans may be looking at it from the standpoint of payback. When one party has taken something to near-historic levels (Monica Lewinsky, for example), the other side exacts revenge when they take power. If the Republicans seem 2016 as theirs for the taking, they may be hesitant to risk that payback by going "too far" with Obama over an issue that they perceive the public as no longer being interested in.

It's a theory, like a zillion others.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2014, 05:42:40 PM »
First pass FOIA response curiously omitted subject email.  Second go'round the email shows.

Why now?

My guess is the Clinton Mob strong armed Team Obama to get it out in the open long before her run for the presidency.

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 06:39:06 PM »
Heck, even HuffPo wasn't being as gentle as usual in the last couple of articles I glanced through over there.  The administration might be finding out the hard way that there are limits to how low even the yellowest journalists will sink.

That's raciss.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife