Author Topic: Lois Lerner's IRS E-mails- "The Dog Ate My Homework"  (Read 8844 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Lois Lerner's IRS E-mails- "The Dog Ate My Homework"
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 06:44:55 PM »
. . . What Obama et al are doing is political check kiting- eventually someone, somewhere is going to collect on him.
Best description I've seen for what's going on . . . but I'm afraid it's going to be a cold day in the underworld before we see Obama, Holder, Lerner, et.al. doing a perp walk in orange jumpsuits.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

birdman

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2014, 07:22:05 PM »
This latest thing is almost funny if it weren't so horrible....its like they don't even bother vetting their lies before using them.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2014, 07:49:16 PM »
I thought of a situation in which her computer crashing could account for the emails being missing.

SUppose that they were violating several rules related to archival of emails and data integrity

Suppose also that during regularly scheduled audits, they were falsifying the results.

Then suppose also that none of the contractors doing any of this have stepped forward to admit it, because they're all complicit.

So, either the IRS is lying, or many of their IT staff should be in jail
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2014, 08:07:03 PM »
So, either the IRS is lying, or many of their IT staff should be in jail

Not a mutually exclusive choice.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2014, 08:23:36 PM »
So, either the IRS is lying, orand many of their IT staff should be in jail
FTFY
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2014, 10:11:54 AM »
Hey, so you guys never heard of a computer crashing before? Man, are you all dumb.  "Dude! We're the hip, Obama college frat boy team. It's a computer. They crash. Get over it! It was like two years ago."

http://michellemalkin.com/?p=157082
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2014, 06:04:20 PM »
Okay, show of hands.  Who here is really surprised by the accidental loss of all email history of seven different IRS employees involved in the scandal?  Let's see...still waiting, anybody?  Hands up, anyone?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2014, 06:24:42 PM »
Okay, show of hands.  Who here is really surprised by the accidental loss of all email history of seven different IRS employees involved in the scandal?  Let's see...still waiting, anybody?  Hands up, anyone?

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2014, 06:25:42 PM »
From back in March:  Congressman Chaffetz grlls the IRS commissioner re: the Subpeona.  It asks for ALL of her E-mails from that two year period.  Not just the ones dealing with Tea Party applications.  But EVERY, SINGLE, LAST, ONE.   They have staff (lawyers) that read through looking for key words and phrases or anything that catches their attention as to the matter in question.  We used to have a member that did document scanning/searching for law firms suing medical application manufacturers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x74oo-5VJYA
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2014, 07:37:42 PM »
I just can't help but wonder when the computer in question crashed if it was onto the cement four stories below.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2014, 01:20:49 AM »
"Obstruction of Justice"  :police:
Clinton was impeached for obstruction of justice.

A guy can hope, right?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2014, 02:02:02 AM »

<raises hand>  I'm surprised.  Only seven?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2014, 09:32:46 AM »
<raises hand>  I'm surprised.  Only seven?

Yup.  I'd expect a preemptive mass wipe of anybody she might have copied an email to so they don't have to keep having mysterious crashes as the subpoena gets expanded.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2014, 01:19:58 AM »
Clinton was impeached for obstruction of justice.

A guy can hope, right?

And that impeachment without conviction turned what was supposed to be a constitutional nuclear bomb into a wrist slap.
I promise not to duck.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2014, 07:45:17 AM »
Yup.  I'd expect a preemptive mass wipe of anybody she might have copied an email to so they don't have to keep having mysterious crashes as the subpoena gets expanded.

crashes being computer crashes, or their car accelerating suddenly and wrapping itself around a utility pole before burning?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2014, 03:52:53 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbBvDiW5gp4

IRS commissioner being questioned by Paul Ryan. Watch this video- it clearly illustrates what kind of smug power drunk bureaucrats Americans are up against.

More: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4zq0TpDLmQ
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 03:58:41 PM by brimic »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2014, 04:51:54 PM »
Having worked with the email side of things peripherally (policy, rather than actually touching the mail servers), i can say that each agency has a period of time where ALL incoming and outgoing mail has to be archived outside the mail servers the user touches. There are many ways to skin this cat, including dedicated arrays of appliances whose sole purpose is to hold onto email for a long time.

At DHS, it's 7 years. Every single email. RevDisk could probably tell you how the DoD does it.

A company i may or may not work for has some .gov clients. We keep their emails for 5 years, at their request per their policy. Not irs, though.

Previously, bases and/or services ran their own. Now it's being consolidated into DoD Enterprise Email. Which is an Exchange cluster. DEE is housed at Defense Information Systems Agency, specifically their Defense Enterprise Computing Centers. I worked in one. They're grey concrete cubes that house the DoD data centers. It's scanned by McAfee GroupShield.

Exchange uses something called "journaling". Which is essentially a copy of all mail going in or out. "Users are unable to delete or modify content contained in this mailbox, and messages are retained for a period of up to 10 years." Retention policy is set by whomever contracts for the service from DISA.

Source: http://www.disa.mil/Services/Enterprise-Services/Applications/DoD-Enterprise-Email

I don't think I'm violating national security by saying the data is put on tape for long term storage. We used a lot of them.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2014, 06:23:23 PM »
Thanks. Although I was a dod contractor, I worked indirectly for DHS so didn't deal with the transition
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2014, 11:16:09 PM »

It's possible a server hard drive failed, but the overwhelming majority of places back up to tape. Tape very very rarely fails.

Also, when you send an email, there's at least two copies. On the Sent folder of the sender, and the Inbox of the receiver. Multiple receivers, multiple copies. It's very rare for a server RAID to fail. It's more rare at a very large organization for the sender and receiver to be on the same server RAID (not the case at smaller organizations with only one email server). It's very rare that organizations do not back up to long term media.

Only alternative I ever see is if an entity has a very aggressively short retention policy mandating destruction in a short period of time.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2014, 02:46:13 AM »
When this started last year wasn't the scandal du jour that IRS officials were using their personal e-mail to end-run FOIA requirements? Almost like they knew official e-mail was required to be retained?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »
When this started last year wasn't the scandal du jour that IRS officials were using their personal e-mail to end-run FOIA requirements? Almost like they knew official e-mail was required to be retained?
Hush peasant. We don't need your thinking here.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2014, 11:29:59 PM »
Sooo... Now it's apparently the fault of budget cuts that emails can't be recovered:

"It is not unusual for computers anywhere to fail, especially at the IRS in light of the aged equipment IRS employees often have to use in light of the continual cuts in its budget these past four years," Koskinen said. "Since Jan. 1 of this year, for example, over 2,000 employees have suffered hard drive crashes.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/23/irs-commissioner-says-agency-is-not-obstructing-congress-in-heated-house/