Author Topic: Can anyone verify these Che Guevara quotes?  (Read 2011 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Can anyone verify these Che Guevara quotes?
« on: April 03, 2010, 08:08:48 PM »
Done a bit of Googling but I can't find a reliable reference for them.

The Negro is indolent and lazy, and spends his money on frivolities, whereas the European is forward-looking, organized and intelligent. —Che Guevara, upon returning from Africa.

We’re going to do for blacks exactly what blacks did for the revolution. By which I mean: nothing. —Che Guevara, regarding the lack of help from Afro-Cubans.

“The negro has maintained his racial purity by his well known habit of avoiding baths”
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

alex_trebek

• friend
Re: Can anyone verify these Che Guevara quotes?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »
If it helps, I have heard them before. I know that isn't what you were looking for.

Does it change, in any way, the type of person Che was?  I think alleged racist viewpoints are very minor compared to the whole murderous communist revolutionary thing.

It would be great to have the reference quotes to shutup his fans. But if they already overlook the well documented murder rampages, then what would they care about some racist views?

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 09:31:49 PM »
I saw a black guy wearing a Che shirt this week and just found it ironic.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 09:56:33 PM »
Does it change, in any way, the type of person Che was?  I think alleged racist viewpoints are very minor compared to the whole murderous communist revolutionary thing.

It would be great to have the reference quotes to shutup his fans. But if they already overlook the well documented murder rampages, then what would they care about some racist views?

Sadly, the Che fanboys and fangirls I have seen might potentially see the racism as a negative while ignoring the murder as "made up by the military-industrial complex" or whatever their delusion of the week is.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 10:15:26 PM »
Sadly, the Che fanboys and fangirls I have seen might potentially see the racism as a negative while ignoring the murder as "made up by the military-industrial complex" or whatever their delusion of the week is.

Very true. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 11:12:12 PM »
according to this he wrote a book, [popcorn] amazon has a bunch [barf]
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:28:51 PM by Ben »

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 11:40:33 PM »
Blockbuster also has two Che movies right now. I wonder if they gloss over his executions?

alex_trebek

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 12:54:35 AM »
Blockbuster also has two Che movies right now. I wonder if they gloss over his executions?

I remember a story awhile back about someone who witnessed/survived Che. He grilled Benencio del Toro asking how he managed to make a four hour movie about Che without once show or mentioning the people he murdered.

There's your answer for one of them.