Author Topic: Any Kydex (IWB) Holsters for the SAR 9?  (Read 853 times)

Snowdog

• friend
Any Kydex (IWB) Holsters for the SAR 9?
« on: November 23, 2018, 04:27:03 AM »
Hi folks.

I recently ordered a SAR9 (Sarsilmaz 9BL) for a little under $300 off Bud's, but I like to have a holster for every pistol I own, typically inside-the-waistband Kydex affairs.  

I've never had any problems locating holsters for various handguns until now.

Does anyone know of any company out there that provides holsters for the SAR9 (not the more common SAR B6P).  
I'd rather not get one of those one-size-fits-all small/medium/large deals.

It has a Glock-esque slide with a grip that resembles, likely inspired by an HK VP9.  Perhaps one of those holsters would suffice?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Any Kydex (IWB) Holsters for the SAR 9?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 08:07:00 AM »
Never even heard of it.

Looks close to the Ruger in size and shape.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 08:30:50 AM »
Try Procraft Tactical in Albany, OR.  His stuff is well made and priced decently, and he does a lot of custom work.  I've bought three holsters from him in the last few years.  Rob is a former coworker from when I lived and worked in that area, a standup guy.
Procraft Tactical on Facebook.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 08:44:07 AM »
Crossbreed lists the SAR9 as an available gun. They have a variety of hybrid kydex holsters, and get good reviews on the gun boards.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/holster/sar-9

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 10:19:46 AM »
NSR Tactical is listing the SAR9 in their configuration dialog.  https://www.nsrtactical.com/collections/inside-waistband/products/custom-c-4-iwb-holster

Here's an ebay vendor: https://www.ebay.com/itm/SAR-9-FN-FIVE-SEVEN-Kydex-IWB-Holster-CCW-CARRY-/132735271334.  

No experience with either.  Places I've got holsters from or looked at, don't list it.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 10:42:34 AM »
I know there are outfits near me that will make a kydex holster to fit your gun.  You just have to bring it by so they can mold the kydex to it.  Might be an option near you.

How does the SAR-9 shoot?  I have seen them, but never ventured to get one.  Only gun of theirs I have shot is the CZ 75 clone in 45 ACP. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Snowdog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 05:09:20 PM »
Wow, you guys are great! 

I gave a pretty good search and came up with nothing.  Dogmush and Lee. N Field, I'm surprised you both found what I was looking for. 

I'm going to give that kydex option a go.

I should be picking up the SAR 9 on either Monday or Tuesday.  I'll be sure to post a brief review once I put some rounds through it.

Thanks everyone.