Author Topic: Christie sets up PAC  (Read 1645 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Christie sets up PAC
« on: January 26, 2015, 12:08:03 PM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2015/01/26/chris-christie-forms-pac-and-republican-presidential-fight-heats-up/22336839/

He's definitely running, to no ones surprise. Let's see if the primary process is as broken as we think and we get another NE liberal who'll be loathed by the base.

Edited to fix subject line :)

ETA: Sorry Ben, unintentional mistake.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 05:27:48 PM by Balog »
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Kristie sets up PAC
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 12:27:22 PM »
 :facepalm: No..no...no..no....no.....no.....no..... [barf]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 12:53:07 PM »
There is no base, GOP is so broken/fractured right now.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 01:11:47 PM »
There was some "Freedom Speechifying Thing" that happened this weekend that was on the News/talk radio this morning.  The only things I caught was the above mentioned about Christie and the conscensus was that Cruz "won" and hit it out of the park, both in content and delivery.

And this was from two "middle of the road" RINO types that are now doing the WLS-AM drive morning drive gig. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 01:18:32 PM »
Too bad we can't just shoot all of the bastards and start all over again from scratch.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 01:25:28 PM »
Shoot one in 3 tell the others next performance review is 90 days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 01:30:02 PM »
Too bad we can't just shoot all of the bastards and start all over again from scratch.

or at least vote them all out of office, then establish term limits for the new ones.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 01:48:26 PM »
or at least vote them all out of office, then establish term limits for the new ones.

We already have terms limits.  They are called elections.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 01:51:37 PM »
We already have terms limits.  They are called elections.

I want it in the Constitution. POTUS has term limits, legislative needs it also.

Uranus is a gas giant.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 02:00:32 PM »
I want it in the Constitution. POTUS has term limits, legislative needs it also.

Agreed.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 02:10:01 PM »

Yes, I know the whole one part is as bad as the other shtick, except the truth is that one is far worse. I don't know where or how it happened but the American Left has absolutely crushed dissent. You get in line and vote for the man. Closest we come to dissent is hearing of some backroom backstabbing of Hillary but when it's over everyone throws their Hillary signs in the trash and lines up to vote. It is not accidental, nor is the strategy to highlight and exacerbate divide within the opposition. Wonder who came up with the plan.

There will never be a chaifrappelatte grande party. Dissent is not tolerated. Maybe if you have tenure you can be a moderate blue dog from a centrist state. Shut up, sit down let the radicals run the show and vote when we tell you to.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Christie sets up PAC
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 02:11:03 PM »
I am really curious about who Christie's "base" is outside of NY & NJ. He's such a statist, but his "R" label will win him no votes from dem statists on the West Coast, and very few R voters out this way like him either. I can't believe he has any support worth mentioning in flyover country.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 02:56:03 PM »

Ask the French how well that worked out...

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 02:57:33 PM »
Yes, I know the whole one part is as bad as the other shtick, except the truth is that one is far worse. I don't know where or how it happened but the American Left has absolutely crushed dissent. You get in line and vote for the man. Closest we come to dissent is hearing of some backroom backstabbing of Hillary but when it's over everyone throws their Hillary signs in the trash and lines up to vote. It is not accidental, nor is the strategy to highlight and exacerbate divide within the opposition. Wonder who came up with the plan.

There will never be a chaifrappelatte grande party. Dissent is not tolerated. Maybe if you have tenure you can be a moderate blue dog from a centrist state. Shut up, sit down let the radicals run the show and vote when we tell you to.

Lol, no. You've just failed the ideological Turing test.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 03:52:01 PM »
Care to elaborate, or just snark? I think I pretty clearly understand the unified left's desire to destroy America and replace it with their own. In the context of a Turing test maybe I do fail because my result will never look like a stated platform of the left. That's because they cannot tell the truth until it is too late for anyone to resist.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 04:37:13 PM »

I believe in the Democrat Party, the extremists that take the label of "liberal" are not invited to the table, so it is rare for the weirdoes to get on the ticket and only "mainstream" Democrat candidates are on the ticket.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:42:52 PM by charby »

Uranus is a gas giant.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Christie sets up PAC
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 04:40:51 PM »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 04:51:29 PM »

I agree.  We all think our opinions represent the thinking of the base.  Everyone's opinions are different.  Wildly different.  So obviously we can't all be right.  Yet none of us are willing to self-reflect on that.  

Seems like people mostly just want to tell everyone else to sit down and shut up.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 04:54:06 PM »
Care to elaborate, or just snark? I think I pretty clearly understand the unified left's desire to destroy America and replace it with their own. In the context of a Turing test maybe I do fail because my result will never look like a stated platform of the left. That's because they cannot tell the truth until it is too late for anyone to resist.

Lol.

1. The Left is no more unified than the right is, and both sides tend to line up behind their candidate.
2. It's possible that in the last few elections, more right leaning people have abstained from voting than left leaning people. That's a direct result of the GOP putting forth candidates that are more abhorrent to their constituency. If the D's nominated Ted Cruz you'd see plenty o' lefties staying home.
3. The average soldier in the WWII German army didn't have the level of malice you're describing to people on the opposite side of the political spectrum. That's a clue that you may not be thinking rationally.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 05:06:03 PM »
Lol.

1. The Left is no more unified than the right is, and both sides tend to line up behind their candidate.
2. It's possible that in the last few elections, more right leaning people have abstained from voting than left leaning people. That's a direct result of the GOP putting forth candidates that are more abhorrent to their constituency. If the D's nominated Ted Cruz you'd see plenty o' lefties staying home.
3. The average soldier in the WWII German army didn't have the level of malice you're describing to people on the opposite side of the political spectrum. That's a clue that you may not be thinking rationally.
Self-contradicting statements are self-contradicting. 

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 05:17:45 PM »
Self-contradicting statements are self-contradicting. 

Please point out what I said that contradicts itself.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 05:22:12 PM »
Lol.

Locally where I live the left appears to be a lot more unified. With candidate selection on races they could win and with GOTV efforts. They seem to have a volunteer army that just goes and goes and goes.

Uranus is a gas giant.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 05:24:14 PM »
I believe in the Democrat Party, the extremists that take the label of "liberal" are not invited to the table, so it is rare for the weirdoes to get on the ticket and only "mainstream" Democrat candidates are on the ticket.

John Kerry, Algore = non-weirdos? :rofl:
Obama isn't a weirdo, but he is ideologically pure for the dems.
Dem ticket is usually hard left, repub ticket is usually slightly right of middle- at least during my lifetime.
Either way doesn't matter- they all believe in big government solutions.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 05:27:16 PM »
Locally where I live the left appears to be a lot more unified. With candidate selection on races they could win and with GOTV efforts. They seem to have a volunteer army that just goes and goes and goes.

I'd submit you don't spend much time around the left, especially the fringe.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2015, 05:28:52 PM »
I'd submit you don't spend much time around the left, especially the fringe.

I work at a university, I'm surrounded by the fringe. :)

I also live in Iowa, where we don't have the really really really left people like on the coasts.

Uranus is a gas giant.