Author Topic: The post-Presidency Mr. Trump  (Read 2370 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
The post-Presidency Mr. Trump
« on: November 07, 2020, 12:25:56 PM »
What will happen to Mr. Trump after the Presidency?  Will he reclaim his business empire and drive it to further heights?  Will he spend the next 10 years in depositions for all of the civil suits?  Will he declare bankruptcy again? Will any of the sexual assault allegations result in criminal charges?  Is there a divorce in the future?  I don't really see him becoming an elder statesman of the Republican party.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: The post-Presidency Mr. Trump
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 12:42:52 PM »
The left will hound him until the day he dies.
He will be prosecuted and persecuted beyond anything we have ever seen.
His family and associates will be accorded the same fate.
He has to be made an example of what happens to people that dare to oppose the agenda.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 12:43:33 PM »
If they succeed in stealing this election through blatant and obvious voter fraud, he will run in 2024.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 12:51:07 PM »
I also don't see him retiring to a quiet life golfing out of the public eye.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 01:11:00 PM »
He'll be treated by the left how the right has treated Hillary.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 01:13:50 PM »
He'll be treated by the left how the right has treated Hillary.

After the election and after the "jail her" ruckus had died down the right largely tried to ignore her but like a bad smell she kept coming back largely because she couldn't keep her mouth shut
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 01:26:23 PM »
After the election and after the "jail her" ruckus had died down the right largely tried to ignore her but like a bad smell she kept coming back largely because she couldn't keep her mouth shut

The Donald is very good at keeping his mouth shut.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 01:30:52 PM »

In that he's probably going to be far worse than Hillary He's going to a torn in their ass for awhile
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 02:13:19 PM »
If they succeed in stealing this election through blatant and obvious voter fraud, he will run in 2024.

I had no doubt that he would stick to the theme of the 2nd election being stolen from him (much like Hillary's failed attempt) but it honestly never crossed my mind that he would run again.  We'll see.  I can't see the R party supporting him, but I suppose there could be circumstances that would allow him to run, and win, as an independent.  Off hand, Biden ceding control of the office to Harris and her screwing up the vaccine and economic recovery comes to mind.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2020, 02:24:28 PM »

One of the really bad things about this to me is that it has emboldened not the democratic party, but the republican party. They sure showed that no good outsider a thing or two. I'm seeing very little disappointment from the establishment Rs. It's almost like they're happy things turned out this way as the "political club" can now get back to business.

And let this be a warning to anyone else that hasn't been a politician his entire career about what will happen to you if you insert yourself in the club. I guarantee that the next Republican candidate for President will be a milquetoast establishment empty suit.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 02:30:08 PM »
One of the really bad things about this to me is that it has emboldened not the democratic party, but the republican party. They sure showed that no good outsider a thing or two. I'm seeing very little disappointment from the establishment Rs. It's almost like they're happy things turned out this way as the "political club" can now get back to business.

And let this be a warning to anyone else that hasn't been a politician his entire career about what will happen to you if you insert yourself in the club. I guarantee that the next Republican candidate for President will be a milquetoast establishment empty suit.

If they succeed in helping the left steal the election, they can run anyone they want. I'll be voting for Trump. They can choose to have my vote or not.

(Note, this is coming from someone who didn't vote for him in 2016)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2020, 02:52:18 PM »
I guarantee that the next Republican candidate for President will be a milquetoast establishment empty suit.

Ben goes on record as predicting Romney for President, 2024!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2020, 04:29:47 PM »
Ben goes on record as predicting Romney for President, 2024!

Not unlikely, or a clone of him. I might be predicting it, but I won't vote for whoever it is.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2020, 06:25:49 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2020, 06:30:21 PM »
:O
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2020, 06:31:58 PM »
I had no doubt that he would stick to the theme of the 2nd election being stolen from him (much like Hillary's failed attempt) but it honestly never crossed my mind that he would run again.  We'll see.  I can't see the R party supporting him, but I suppose there could be circumstances that would allow him to run, and win, as an independent.  Off hand, Biden ceding control of the office to Harris and her screwing up the vaccine and economic recovery comes to mind.
This.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2020, 07:35:26 PM »
My wishful thinking about it is that he becomes a passionate spokesperson for voting reform.

Although he ain't no Bloomberg dollar-wise, I would like to see him set up similar strategic situations in all the states... not unlike Bloomberg's anti-gun committees. Maybe with some contributory funding.  I myself would kick in a few shekels to make some progress toward "limiting democracy," if you will, to bona fide and qualified voting citizens.

And maybe dealing with such details as returning the selection of Senators to the individual States' legislatures.

Loaded with danger?

Yes, but look at the danger the constant "expanding" of the voting franchise has created.

I'm just hoping the "bully pulpit" created for him by this election does not go to waste.

I'm not signing this non-PC one so nobody will know who posted it.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2020, 09:16:23 PM »
I can't see the R party supporting him, but I suppose there could be circumstances that would allow him to run, and win, as an independent. 
they can run anyone they want. I'll be voting for Trump. They can choose to have my vote or not.

If Trump runs as an independent, he might get more votes than whoever the republicans run but that's a guaranteed win for the democrats.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2020, 09:59:02 PM »
With republicans like these who needs democrats?

Exactly.  The GOP is mostly corporatists and/or rino's, none of whom are on the side of the American ideal and principles.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2020, 07:31:57 AM »
If Trump runs as an independent, he might get more votes than whoever the republicans run but that's a guaranteed win for the democrats.

I'm well aware of the caclulus. They should beware of it.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2020, 12:48:31 PM »
Although he ain't no Bloomberg dollar-wise, I would like to see him set up similar strategic situations in all the states... not unlike Bloomberg's anti-gun committees. Maybe with some contributory funding.  I myself would kick in a few shekels to make some progress toward "limiting democracy," if you will, to bona fide and qualified voting citizens.

And maybe dealing with such details as returning the selection of Senators to the individual States' legislatures.

Loaded with danger?

Yes, but look at the danger the constant "expanding" of the voting franchise has created.

Bah. Humbug. The Dems have proven that they don't need to expand the voting franchise when all they need to do is print ballots.

What election reform needs is to return to the halcyon days of "one man, one vote."

First, get rid of early voting and mail-in ballots (except for legitimate absentee ballots). Those who want to vote can just haul their sorry asses to the voting location on election day.

Next, require photo ID to vote. And require photo ID and proof of citizenship as a prerequisite to register to vote.

And then, come up with a voting mechanism that can't be easily diddled. When I grew up in Connecticut, the entire state used old-fashioned mechanical voting machines. I remember one year when I was in grammar school during an election cycle the whole class walked across the street to town hall for a lesson in how the machines worked. My understanding is that Connecticut continued to use those machines until about 10 years (or so?) ago, when they were retired partially because they hadn't been produced for a very long time so repair parts weren't available, and there may have been a federal mandate to migrate to some form of electronic voting.

I trusted those old machines. I don't trust any of the more modern replacements/alternatives.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2020, 02:31:01 PM »
No bah humbug.  Nothing I said precludes anything you said. Just "progress toward."

My sore point (seems to be  yours, too) is to guarantee bona fide qualified voters.  

"Qualified" is subject to interpretation.  Used to be you had to read and speak English, but of course, that limitation limited "democracy.' 

So boo, hiss on that "qualification."

If someone wants to go that far again, it's OK with me, but I see the danger there as well, in terms of using subjective or "prejudicial" standards, etc.

But of course, once the bell has rung and the horses are out of the gate, all bets are off.  Nobody who might be disenfranchised would vote for that, therefore we've already gone past that "tipping point."

Hence that approach is moot.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 02:54:13 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2020, 05:09:14 PM »
I'd be happy with limiting voting to actual legal citizens of the USA. One person, one vote with a valid free state issued (preferably photo) ID. Maybe we could model our voter ID off of a country like Mexico but the libtards might consider their method discriminatory against people of color.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2020, 06:20:06 PM »
The left will hound him until the day he dies.
He will be prosecuted and persecuted beyond anything we have ever seen.
His family and associates will be accorded the same fate.
He has to be made an example of what happens to people that dare to oppose the agenda.

This.

No one in his circle, or even in close proximity to it, will be safe.  I would not be surprised if the harassment became physical.