Author Topic: Antifa Getting a Taste of Their Own Medicine  (Read 985 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Antifa Getting a Taste of Their Own Medicine
« on: November 14, 2020, 09:32:58 PM »
I guess  I shouldn't be applauding this, but I've been watching videos of antifa beating on women and old people all day today at the Trump Rally in DC. So watching Proud Boys turning the tables later in the day and beating up on antifa seems a little like justice.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/11/14/it-looks-like-the-proud-boys-might-be-taking-the-fight-to-antifa-in-dc/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Antifa Getting a Taste of Their Own Medicine
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 12:32:44 AM »
I disagree, we should applaud this.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 12:37:14 AM »
Should make it a pay-per-view.

[popcorn]

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 04:02:16 PM »
the media, including most of fox news are merely propaganda for the left.
I've not seen any coverage of this.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 05:32:11 PM »
Antifa vs. Proud Boys? This is when we need a very small discrete SMOD.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 08:16:51 AM »
Antifa vs. Proud Boys? This is when we need a very small discrete SMOD.

While I am not a supporter of the proud boys there is zero moral equivalence between the two.

Antifa is a terrorist organization with global ties that has turned major cities in the USA into no go zones at various times.

They are leftist anarchist enemies of the USA.

At worst, the proud boys are what they claim to be or even controlled opposition meant to be used as a convenient foil.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 05:57:35 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 05:52:34 PM »
We are now in what, the seventh month of antifa opportunists looting, burning, and causing problems?

I don't care WHO beats them up at this point.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 08:30:09 PM »
We are now in what, the seventh month of antifa opportunists looting, burning, and causing problems?

I don't care WHO beats them up at this point.
It is the unfortunate reality that excesses of one form of evil brings about tolerance for excesses of another. Communist terrorists in Europe looked better than Nazis by comparison (although in retrospect were the vanguard of an even worse ideology).  I do worry that the unchecked excess of the Left we have seen will result in the birth of a reactionary movement on the right, and that it will be hard to condemn that movement because of the evil they are fighting.

In the case of the Proud Boys, I have seen one incident where they may have jumped the gun on throwing fists against the group of antifa that were following them. Other than that, I haven’t seen anything evil about their ideology (such as it is) and can’t understand the hate beyond the unpardonable sin of being willing to fight the Left’s foot soldiers.  The accusations of racism are completely unsupported and somewhat humorous given the prevalence of minorities in the group.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 08:33:42 PM »
It is the unfortunate reality that excesses of one form of evil brings about tolerance for excesses of another. Communist terrorists in Europe looked better than Nazis by comparison (although in retrospect were the vanguard of an even worse ideology).  I do worry that the unchecked excess of the Left we have seen will result in the birth of a reactionary movement on the right, and that it will be hard to condemn that movement because of the evil they are fighting.

In the case of the Proud Boys, I have seen one incident where they may have jumped the gun on throwing fists against the group of antifa that were following them. Other than that, I haven’t seen anything evil about their ideology (such as it is) and can’t understand the hate beyond the unpardonable sin of being willing to fight the Left’s foot soldiers.  The accusations of racism are completely unsupported and somewhat humorous given the prevalence of minorities in the group.

Yep

The behavior of the left has produced in me ideology and beliefs that I won’t admit in public
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2020, 10:53:23 PM »
As far as I know, the Proud Boys haven't set fire to Autozone, Wendy's, and other small businesses, they haven't looted Target stores, they haven't engaged in an orgy of looting and destruction along the ritzy stores on Chicago's Magnificent Mile, they haven't torn down statues of Washington, Jefferson, Grant, and Frederick Douglas, they haven't occupied police stations or tried to set fire to courthouses, and they haven't seized and occupied Chaz/Chop zones in any major city.

Can the left say the same about THEIR antifa- and BLM-affiliated groups of Biden voters?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain