Author Topic: Math question  (Read 3609 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Math question
« on: February 18, 2011, 02:12:32 PM »
At least 26 states are challenging Obamacare.

Last time I counted, there were only fifty stars on the flag.

So if a majority of the states are against this tyranny, haven't we won already  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Math question
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 03:33:51 PM »
US Senate better take notice.

The Dems will lose more seats as the next 1/3 rotation comes up for re-election in 2012.

The House has already shifted.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

PTK

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 03:38:08 PM »

So if a majority of the states are against this tyranny, haven't we won already  ???

If we were a pure democracy, yes, that would be a clear win. ;)

"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 05:53:56 PM »
You're speaking as though the citizenry is properly represented.  :police:
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 06:17:51 PM »
If we were a pure democracy, yes, that would be a clear win. ;)

So instead a minority enforces its whim on the rest...  :mad:

Don't they have another word for that?
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

PTK

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 07:10:23 PM »
They sure do, unfortunately. :(

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 12:45:30 AM »

Now you know why the Obama hath spoken 8 new states into existence.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 11:52:24 AM »

Is the State of Rebellion one of those?   =D

PTK

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 11:55:39 AM »

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 12:20:30 PM »
That might work in the Senate.

The last red/blue map of Oregon I saw showed 3 blue counties, 33 red.  The three blue counties (grrrr!  Get that "o" into "counties"!) easily, by population, dominate the rest.  Moscow-on-the-Willamette rules.

I suspect the 26 states fall far short of 50% of the population as a whole.
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 08:35:33 PM »

Is the State of Rebellion one of those?   =D

Despair, Frustration, Gridlock, Preparation, Protest, Conflict and Insurrection are the others.

Obama's not winning any of them to his side.  I gots friends in those States. :lol:
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 10:55:46 PM »

Not quite - there are 60 states; on the campaign trail Barack Hussein Obama said he'd visited 57 and only had 1 more to go . . . making 58. (He wasn't allowed to visit Alaska and Hawaii, running the total to 60.)    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

Now don't say he miscounted - that would involve the use of Eurocentric mathematics, which would be racist.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain