Author Topic: Otto Warmbier's Family Describes His Condition  (Read 2173 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Otto Warmbier's Family Describes His Condition
« on: September 26, 2017, 10:20:15 PM »
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/wyoming/warmbier-family-on-fox-friends-describes-ottos-condition-when-he-returned-from-north-korea

"He was on a stretcher, jerking violently, making this howling, involuntary, inhuman sound," Fred Warmbier said. "His head was shaved, he had a feeding tube in his nose. He was blind, he was deaf. As we looked at him and tried to comfort him, it looked like someone had taken pliers and tried to rearrange his bottom teeth. He reached a 104 degree fever and he had a large scar on his right foot."
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Re: Otto Warmbier's Family Describes His Condition
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 10:46:00 PM »
Maybe one of the lame stream prime time news shows needs to do an hour on how nk treats their people.
Might change a lot of peoples lack of knowledge of the hermit kingdom.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 07:56:03 AM »
I find it incomprehensible that, even after the Warmbier incident, westerners (even Americans) still want to visit North Korea.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 09:31:30 AM »
I find it incomprehensible that, even after the Warmbier incident, westerners (even Americans) still want to visit North Korea.

I find it incomprehensible that no matter how greatly someone hates Trump, that they can say stupid *expletive deleted*it like, "Kim Jong Un is better than Trump".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 09:46:01 AM »
I find it incomprehensible that no matter how greatly someone hates Trump, that they can say stupid *expletive deleted*it like, "Kim Jong Un is better than Trump".

According to what I see in the lamestream media, Trump seems to have squads of exterminators going around the country executing blacks, Latinos, and LBQTGSXYZs on a wholesale basis. Compared to EEEEEVIL Trump, Kim Jong Un is a pussycat.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 10:00:05 AM »
According to what I see in the lamestream media, Trump seems to have squads of exterminators going around the country executing blacks, Latinos, and LBQTGSXYZs on a wholesale basis. Compared to EEEEEVIL Trump, Kim Jong Un is a pussycat.

I doubt many people believe that, but they constantly speak about him as if that were actually happening.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 10:15:13 AM »

Apparently the doctors and coroners are not necessarily agreeing with the family that he was tortured.
And the family requested that an autopsy will not be performed.

So, normally I'm a big fan of "Anyone who tortures Americans needs to be suitably punished at at least 100 to 1 ratio" but in this case, it's suitably murky.

I'm also of two minds. Granted, we should always seek overkill revenge for the mistreatment of any American citizen... But on the other hand, if someone is dumb enough to go to North Korea, they're going knowing they could be tortured, murdered, enslaved, whatever.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 10:23:15 AM »
Apparently the doctors and coroners are not necessarily agreeing with the family that he was tortured.
And the family requested that an autopsy will not be performed.

If they did that, they probably should have (and maybe did) have a medical expert visually inspect the body and submit an official report to back what they're saying. Something like "teeth mangled by pliers" doesn't really need an autopsy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 01:08:19 PM »
If they did that, they probably should have (and maybe did) have a medical expert visually inspect the body and submit an official report to back what they're saying. Something like "teeth mangled by pliers" doesn't really need an autopsy.

Sigh, "my baby didn't do nottin" syndrome perhaps. The coroner disagreed with what they're saying, based on what he saw. He couldn't go any further because the family denied the autopsy request. Different doctors who saw him while he was alive said it did not look like he was tortured.

Unless the feds or North Korean secret agents are putting the pressure on numerous Ohioan docs, family may not be entirely accurate.

Sources:
http://nypost.com/2017/09/26/coroners-report-for-otto-warmbier-shows-no-signs-of-torture/
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/09/26/what-killed-otto-warmbier-coroners-report-only-deepens-mystery/704656001/    (warning, annoying ad and video filled site)
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 01:39:37 PM »
My guess is still that he hung himself after sentencing, and that a combination of shoddy NK-level medical care, and his brain damage being too profound for any meaningful recovery no matter how good the care was did him in.

He was kept on life support in NK so long because of embarrassment that he hung himself, and the usual institutional inaction that happens in overly authoritarian societies.

Any kind of long convalescence and/or coma or vegetative state can radically change one's appearance, and is probably what shocked his family so much to think "torture".

I promise not to duck.