Author Topic: Monica Conyers: hillarious  (Read 8927 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: Monica Conyers: hillarious
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 11:00:26 AM »
That's a slap on the wrist for her malfeasance, but this nation is way too soft on white collar crime, especially at the political level, and of course in this case there are "other factors" at work.  We need to recognize how endemic this kind of stuff has become and how much it militates against any kind of viable political wholeness for America.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 11:20:44 AM »
Notice the letter only craftily resigns from her leadership position, not the council itself.  Also she didn't sign it.

Detroit is a swamp of corruption and malfeasance.  If we could somehow give it to Canada or Ohio, we'd be able to rescind our state income tax, all business taxes and run the state well on the prersent 6% sales tax.

Actually, I'd feel guilty about giving Detroit to Canada or Ohio.  Perhaps we could vote to have Detroit become the People's Republic of Detroit and make it a nation state of it's own.  The we could declare war on the place and deliver an Old Testament butt kickin', burn it down and pour salt on it.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 02:57:07 PM »
>You mean, like [insert APS screen-name here] fistful?<

FIFY
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2009, 08:12:13 PM »
I don't think I've seen any exchange that childish on APS. 

One of the things I've learned from personally meeting politicians is that they are easily some of the most childish people to ever live, possibly more childish than actual children.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

nico

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2009, 09:07:47 PM »
well surprise, surprise, surprise. 

Wasn't her husband indicted on something similar recently too?

PTK

• friends
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2009, 10:58:57 PM »
Why is she still in any official capacity?  :mad:
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2009, 12:51:02 PM »
      I remember, many years ago, seeing her husband speechifying, in congress about how felons ought to have the right to vote, and wondering what sort of constituency he represented...I guess now we know.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2009, 01:33:01 AM »
You know, I've never been one for the traditional "flowery" language typical of upper-level government proceedings(which I realise, this was certainly *not*), but if I ever hear an elected official use the phrase "up in here" in her official capacity... what's the world come to?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2009, 01:36:15 AM »
but if I ever hear an elected official use the phrase "up in here" in her official capacity... what's the world come to?

She gonna make you lose yo' mind!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife