Author Topic: to be "conservative" and yet support "diversity"  (Read 19074 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: to be "conservative" and yet support "diversity"
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2009, 06:13:33 PM »
I'm from Imperial German stock, thank you. 

My predecessors immigrated well before WWII, part of that whole Ellis Island diversity thing.

If you want to take jabs at me, Longeyes, may I suggest you take it to PM?

Otherwise, you're just making yourself the topic of discussion in the staff lounge (again).

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2009, 06:32:13 PM »
Very true, and that is America's culture.  It is based on assimilation, and is unique in that respect. That is the essence and spiritual birthright that longeyes was referring to.
But many of today's immigrants have no desire to assimilate, they have no desire to contribute to America's unique culture by adding parts of their own.  They wish to stand apart, stand separately.  To their and our nation's detriment.

And no one here is pushing that "Aryan Nation "pure blood" agenda" sickness.

Yup. I love immigration. The average legal immigrant has an appreciation for the freedom and beauty of America that I'd wager not 1 in 100 native born Americans do. Few things inspired me as much as my brothers in the Corps who were serving as a means to gain citizenship. Now that's patriotism, and I have far more respect for them than all the whiny little birth right citizen bastards who take our heritage for granted.

But the border jumper who's very presence is an act of defiance of the sovreignity and rule of law of this country disgusts me. They have no respect for this country or it's culture of freedom and the supremity of the rule law. I've spent time on the border helping to clean up the mess they make, and I've seen the incredible damage they do to innocent citizens who's only crime is living near the border. One of the few legitimate roles of fed.gov under a strict Constitutional interpretation is protecting it's citizens from foreign aggression. When foreign citizens using weapons acquired in one way or another from that nations military invade our soil, assault our citizens, and defile our property and the fed.gov does piss all..... well, that makes me mad.

Race has nothing to do with it. If you don't believe me, ask my wife. Her grandparents came from Mexico legally, and she takes it as a personal insult when people think she's pro-illegal just because she's brown. Oh, but if you do ask her let me know first; I want video of that. :D
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2009, 06:43:50 PM »
Yup. I love immigration. The average legal immigrant has an appreciation for the freedom and beauty of America that I'd wager not 1 in 100 native born Americans do. Few things inspired me as much as my brothers in the Corps who were serving as a means to gain citizenship. Now that's patriotism, and I have far more respect for them than all the whiny little birth right citizen bastards who take our heritage for granted.

I saw this during my time in the Corps, as well, but I was too young (read: naive) to understand and appreciate it.  I envy you in that respect, Balog.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2009, 06:48:33 PM »
Immigration (legal or otherwise) is our heritage, like it or not.  

Even Los Illegales bring their culture into that big old mix, whether we want them here or not.

I saw it everywhere, from Sacramento to San Angelo to Cocoa Beach to Madison.  

They may not choose to speak the language, but it doesn't stop me from walking down to the local taqueria and getting a fresh batch of tortillas hot off the machine, made by somebody who'd run like a bat out of hell if I yelled "La Migra!"

Is there a problem with Los Illegales sucking up our social benefits?  

Yes, that's not in dispute.  But as a descendant of former immigrants myself, I'm loathe to cut off my nose in order to spite my face.

Now, in a perfect world...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 06:54:02 PM by Gewehr98 »
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

melllyn

« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2009, 07:19:42 PM »
  It simply doesn't add up to say "well, the market for labour is free, it's just that you can't hire anyone who doesn't have a government license."
Why not let employers freely decide if they need all that protection of government issued records and citizenship? That would be the free market approach.

I agree small government is the best government, but the only way this idea would work would be if (as someone said somewhere else in this thread) all welfare incentives were removed.  Then the only people moving here are those who are willing to work hard for what they get.  HEY!  If we did this, I wonder if some of our naturalized dregs would head south of the border with the illegals? 
 I don't have a problem with immigrants (my grandfather arrived here on a ship from Belgium), I do have a problem with immigrants who do not want to play by the rules.  To my way of thinking, if you are willing to discount the laws that restrict you from illegally entering this country, then you quite likely won't have a problem with discounting other laws in this country. 

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2009, 07:21:22 PM »
Nah, I think y'all who came from immigrants should just go back home... :P

Nevermind that would require 3/4 of ME leave too...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2009, 08:55:52 PM »
While I bristle at the thought of Sacramento schoolteachers being forced to hold classes in Spanish, I bristle even more at those pushing some sort of Aryan Nation "pure blood" agenda.  Diversity is but one thing that makes America great.

If you want to take jabs at me, Longeyes, may I suggest you take it to PM?

Otherwise, you're just making yourself the topic of discussion in the staff lounge (again).

No one is taking jabs at you, Gewehr98, especially given your "imperial German stock."  How could I be so bold?  YOU brought the "jabs," amigo.  You imply, obliquely, that I'm a Nazi with gratuitous references to "pure blood" and "Aryanism" when I have been very clear about exactly what I'm talking about, and yo think you are going to get away with shifting the blame to me?  No way.  I don't care how much you talk to about me or anyone else in "the staff lounge."  When you're wrong, you're wrong.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2009, 08:58:02 PM »
Nah, I think y'all who came from immigrants should just go back home... :P

Nevermind that would require 3/4 of ME leave too...

As long as the 1/4 that's left doesn't pester me for sammiches... =D
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2009, 09:04:28 PM »
Very true, and that is America's culture.  It is based on assimilation, and is unique in that respect. That is the essence and spiritual birthright that longeyes was referring to.
But many of today's immigrants have no desire to assimilate, they have no desire to contribute to America's unique culture by adding parts of their own.  They wish to stand apart, stand separately.  To their and our nation's detriment.

And no one here is pushing that "Aryan Nation "pure blood" agenda" sickness.

Rocketman made a very good point.

The use of the word "You" ought to be avoided in political discourse because things tend to go downhill quickly the minute someone uses it.  :|
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2009, 10:13:03 PM »
This one's done.
Andy