Author Topic: NRO no longer outsourcing its editorship  (Read 741 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
NRO no longer outsourcing its editorship
« on: February 23, 2018, 12:47:46 PM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/blog/corner/becoming-us-citizen-my-american-dream/

This morning, at 8 a.m., I did something I’ve wanted to do for as long as I can remember: I became an American.

I first applied for a visa in early 2011, and since then I have slowly worked my way through the system — first as a visa-holder, then as a permanent resident (green card), and, finally, as a citizen. It feels odd finally to be at this point. I decided that I wanted to be an American on my first visit here at age three. Sure, at that point it wasn’t quite clear to me whether there was an America outside of Walt Disney World. But on subsequent visits, of which there were many, I discovered that there really was, and that it was a giant, rambunctious, beautiful place. Since then, I’ve never wavered in my ambition to be of it.

Why? Well, how long have you got? I’ve been sharing my view that this is the last great hope for mankind for almost seven years now. It ebbs and flows as all experiments do, but America continues to serve as the last surviving incubator of the great classically liberal values. If you believe in human freedom, this is your huckleberry. But there’s something more than that to this — something ineffable.

I've only recently become aware of Mr. Cooke, and from what I've heard him say about gun rights, I like him. No word yet, on whether he'll have to change the name of his podcast.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: NRO no longer outsourcing its editorship
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 07:13:27 PM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/blog/corner/becoming-us-citizen-my-american-dream/

I've only recently become aware of Mr. Cooke, and from what I've heard him say about gun rights, I like him. No word yet, on whether he'll have to change the name of his podcast.

Only 7 years; he must have some good blackmail material.  Not sure if Bill Davison ever got his process finished; last I heard, he expected his US-born then-11-year-old daughter to be able to vote before he could.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: NRO no longer outsourcing its editorship
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 10:40:20 PM »
Only 7 years; he must have some good blackmail material. 

It's the American way.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife