Author Topic: Kid Rock Pisses Off PETA  (Read 1633 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Kid Rock Pisses Off PETA
« on: January 21, 2015, 03:09:34 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/01/21/kid-rock-under-fire-for-posing-with-dead-cougar/

The ones bitching about this are the same ones that will bitch when Mr./Mrs. Mountain Lion takes off with Fluffy.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Kid Rock Pisses Off PETA
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 03:49:01 PM »
Does PETA realize that Kid Rocks fan base probably is more upset they haven't bagged a couger lately (of either species) than offended by a dead animal?

Seriously, I never hear him on rock stations anymore. He's really a country star these days.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 03:52:00 PM »
Kid Rock - Redneck Paradise (Remix) ft. Hank Will…: http://youtu.be/__HPfmvaWRw

yeah... I don't think he cares about PETA...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 05:41:34 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/01/21/kid-rock-under-fire-for-posing-with-dead-cougar/

The ones bitching about this are the same ones that will bitch when Mr./Mrs. Mountain Lion takes off with Fluffy.

That's where Mr./Mrs. Mountain Lion makes their PR mistake.  Rip into Fluffy right there under the back yard security lights & cameras so the kids can see what nature is really like.

We had a 'yote invite himself to dinner with one of those yippy anklebiter dogs.  Sme of the neighbors were a bit put off by the screams - but they only lasted a few secconds.  Nobody seemed all that upset that the anklebiter was no longer yipping in the back yard all night.  And a number of pets were brought inside - at least for the next month till everybody forgot about Wile E.'s visit.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 10:37:07 PM »
Does PETA realize that Kid Rocks fan base probably is more upset they haven't bagged a couger lately (of either species) than offended by a dead animal?

Seriously, I never hear him on rock stations anymore. He's really a country star these days.

They still play "Cowboy" here on the rock stations every once in a while.  Don't think I've ever heard them play any of his other songs, though.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 10:49:54 PM »
They still play "Cowboy" here on the rock stations every once in a while.  Don't think I've ever heard them play any of his other songs, though.

I occasionally hear Bullgod and the other one on the Alt rock station.

I like country Kid Rock, but I must say I kind of miss the over the top pimp rap rock Kid Rock.

I always liked him, just because he was so unapologetically just a "dumb" white redneck. Especially when compared to some of the other rap rock guys of that time *couch cough Durst cough cough* who were so insistent that they were artists

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 11:09:27 PM »
On the other hand, he married Pamela Anderson.  =|
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 06:38:11 AM »
Kid Rock has learned what people want to hear and has adapted, just like Darius Rucker.  More than like growing up in Michigan he had a lot of Motown influence in the music he listened to.

I have always liked his music and attitude.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 07:33:47 AM »
Kid Rock has learned what people want to hear and has adapted, just like Darius Rucker.  More than like growing up in Michigan he had a lot of Motown influence in the music he listened to.

I have always liked his music and attitude.

Side track:

I think Darius Rucker just waited untill the music style he made became popular.  His new stuff sounds an awful lot like Hootie.