Author Topic: Head Transplant?  (Read 884 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Head Transplant?
« on: April 16, 2015, 07:07:29 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/04/14/man-volunteers-for-world-first-head-transplant/?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork

Imagine if they are successful, would the next step be interchangeable body parts via quick disconnect system?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Head Transplant?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 12:09:35 PM »
Huh? -----WHAT??!?!!?
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 12:12:02 PM »
I very much doubt this will be successful, but I would be interested to see how much of what we consider our "self" is influenced by the body directly- different hormones, flora, etc... and how much is in our actual brains.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 11:54:09 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Blakenzy

• friend
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 01:01:35 AM »
This has been done before with monkeys. The monkey lived several days and had full motor control, until the body rejected the head.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 01:19:35 AM »
This has been done before with monkeys. The monkey lived several days and had full motor control over it's face and eyes... until the body rejected the head.

Fixed it for you.  =)

And the Russians have been even more successful with dogs in the past... http://boingboing.net/2011/03/02/mysterious-cyborg-co.html
I promise not to duck.