Author Topic: Fort Gordon, GA  (Read 1018 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Fort Gordon, GA
« on: April 23, 2015, 06:53:42 AM »
Can anyone shed any light on the emergency that took place there yesterday?  Saw a couple of "breaking" reports but no follow up on what the issue had been.

Guessing that it was much to do about nothing since there wasn't any non-stop reporting on it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Fort Gordon, GA
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 03:16:53 PM »
It was tragic.  Someone gave a butter bar a map and a compass.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 07:22:27 PM »
I had seen some breaking news reports as well but they reported the Warrior Transition Battalion at Benning, not Gordon.  Have not seen any follow up reports either.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 07:52:12 PM »

HEY!  When I was a butter bar, I knew what to do with a map and compass.  Land Nav was lots of fun, since I am an Eagle Scout with Orienteering Merit Badge. I know... cheating.   =D
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 08:18:12 PM »
HEY!  When I was a butter bar, I knew what to do with a map and compass.  Land Nav was lots of fun, since I am an Eagle Scout with Orienteering Merit Badge. I know... cheating.   =D

Let me guess.  Hand them to the Platoon Sergeant and say "Get us there." <points to objective>

stay saf.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 09:20:59 PM »
I'm close to Augusta and am pretty in touch there. Heard nothing about anything at Fort Gordon.

A search about Fort Benning brings this up. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/22/emergency-situation-at-fort-benning-georgia-officials-say/

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 06:28:54 AM »
I'm close to Augusta and am pretty in touch there. Heard nothing about anything at Fort Gordon.

A search about Fort Benning brings this up. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/22/emergency-situation-at-fort-benning-georgia-officials-say/

Not far off.   =D
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 01:02:11 PM »
How does something like that remain "close to resolution" long enough for the news to report that as that as the current status?

:facepalm:

syay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.