vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
tl;dr
« on: January 02, 2014, 08:43:52 PM »
http://angelafrankel.com/#395/tumblr

http://lolmythesis.com/

Even the most ardent academic must concede that there’s something darkly funny about devoting years of one’s life to a thesis question so abstruse that no one else had ever cared enough to ask it—and then answering it at such great length that few will ever care to read it.

Enter lolmythesis.com, a Tumblr started by a Harvard senior procrastinating on her own undergraduate thesis. The blog encourages fellow undergrad and graduate students to distill all their hard-won knowledge into a single sentence—a sort of self-mocking tl;dr of their years-long labor of love/hate.

"A Contextual Analysis of the English Grammer pre-Beowulf; or Mental Masturbation Over 374 Lines in 7 Fragments."  Moved me from graduating Cum Laudae to Magna Cum Laudae.  Thank goodness the college only catalogs thesii for 20 years unless they get published in a peer-reviewed journal.  Unless someone screwed up it is now lost to the ages.

What was your masterpiece?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: tl;dr
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 08:52:28 PM »
What was your masterpiece?

"*expletive deleted*ck murdering commies and the asslickers who love them" Made multiple heads explode. Got an A from my very conservative AK owning professor.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 09:42:31 PM »
My senior thesis was an evaluation of the history of NYC gun control laws vis a vis the Bernhard Goetz incident.  I'm pretty sure it's on a hard drive in a cardboard box in my closet somewhere.  I think I got an A-.

My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 10:03:25 PM »
The political influences exerted by japanese martial arts instructors upon japan from the tokugawa shogunate through hirohito's rein, and the influence of SCAP occupation upon japanese martial arts.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 10:21:15 PM »
What was my masterpiece?

Spelling grammar correctly.

Actually, it was an indepth look at the Cuban Missile Crisis for my senior major seminar.

Was supposed to be 20 to 30 pages.

I thought my professor was going to strangle me when I turned in 104.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.