Author Topic: Can you spot the disconnect?  (Read 1450 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Can you spot the disconnect?
« on: February 08, 2014, 07:37:15 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/07/denver-police-say-suspected-burglars-tried-to-sell-stolen-belongings-back-to/

Denver police have arrested four suspects accused of unwittingly trying to sell items they stole back to the burglary victim.

KMGH-TV (http://tinyurl.com/mqhetvy ) reports Lacinda Robinson discovered the items missing at her home on Friday and drove to the parking lot of a nearby fast-food restaurant to report the theft. That's where she says she was approached by two people ....

It boggles my mind, it does.  With all the stuff reported as taken, the disconect is shocking.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

geronimotwo

• friend
Re: Can you spot the disconnect?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 01:42:01 PM »
what are the chances................
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 02:20:01 PM »
Having to head to the nearest fast food place to report the theft, hmmmmmmmmm.

She must have run out of minutes on her Obamaphone.   =|

bob

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 02:25:00 PM »
About 30 years ago the abc store in Springfield got robbed. That afternoon Valle's steak house gotva call offering to sell their 20 k and change check back to em for 10 k. They said sure and when the geniuses showed up they were warmly received by the cops

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re:
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 02:39:37 PM »
About 30 years ago the abc store in Springfield got robbed. That afternoon Valle's steak house gotva call offering to sell their 20 k and change check back to em for 10 k. They said sure and when the geniuses showed up they were warmly received by the cops

Those are the cases that won't be featured on the next episode of Criminal Minds.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 11:00:31 PM »
Having to head to the nearest fast food place to report the theft, hmmmmmmmmm.

She must have run out of minutes on her Obamaphone.   =|

Maybe she still had a landline and they even stole the phone for that?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 11:04:12 PM »
Kind of wondering if she had things in her home she didn't want the popo to see...
I promise not to duck.

Firethorn

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 11:16:03 PM »
Kind of wondering if she had things in her home she didn't want the popo to see...

Given that I've seen statistics that something like 30% of households use illegal drugs?  I'd say that's a good bet.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 01:30:29 AM »
If you geniuses read the second link in the OP, you'll see her stated reason for the fast-food rendezvous.  :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 07:12:38 AM »
Read the article?  Quit talking crazy!   :lol:

Firethorn

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 08:01:34 AM »
If you geniuses read the second link in the OP, you'll see her stated reason for the fast-food rendezvous.  :P

tinyurl is blocked at work...

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2014, 08:22:41 AM »

Not quite.

She "drove to the parking lot of a nearby fast-food restaurant to report the theft" where she then "was approached by two people asking if she wanted to buy a video game set.  Robinson says she was startled when another person walked up wearing her jacket. She went next door to a gas station and found two off-duty police officers ...."

1 - drive to nearby fast food place
2 - get approached with offer to buy video game
3 - see someone wearing her jacket
4 - go next door [to the fast food place] to find two off-duty cops*

Nice, simple, and linear reading.

stay safe.

* - Why have I never seen off-duty cops on the merchandise racks at gas stations?  (I'm guessing the person who typed up the story intended to say she saw two cops, who happened to be off duty, at the gas station next to the fast food place and saved her coins by making her theft report to them.  But I could be wrong and the gas station actually does stock off-duty cops.)
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2014, 10:22:51 AM »
Not quite.

Yeah, actually, quite. He said read the second link.

Robinson called police about the burglary, and explained that she would wait for them at a nearby McDonald's parking lot because she didn't feel safe staying in her home.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2014, 12:19:06 PM »
Killjoy.

My initial guess - that the "fast food" joint was actually a donut shop - would have made for a better story.  ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 12:36:04 PM »
Thanks, bedlamite. She told the cops she didn't feel safe at the house, and wanted them to meet her down the road. Doesn't sound all that crazy.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife