Author Topic: True grits  (Read 5140 times)

mustanger98

• friend
True grits
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2006, 03:36:23 PM »
280plus wrote:
"Can't believe noone has said grits and eggs yet! A little butter, some salt an pepper and a couplea Over easy eggs on top. Now THAT'S heaven..."

That's about how I like mine, except for I like my eggs over-medium. If I have some sausage or some country fried steak and bisquits and gravy with it... and pour that white gravy over the whole thing... I used to do that at Shoney's all the time when I was a kid, except for the eggs were scrambled there. Made everybody else's eyes bulge seeing that mounded over plate I put together. Hoooeeeeyy!!!! This thread sure brings back memories.

Werewolf wrote:
"Not much of a GRIT eater my self but that is exactly the way my Mother ate grits. Born and raised in Texas and a more hard core Texan you wouldn't have found when she was alive so I imagine that's the preferred Texan way to eat them."

Well, I'm not a Texan. Well, definately not by birth or geographical association anyway, although I've been mistaken for one on several occassions.

"GIT-R-DONE", as I understand it, is used by the US Armed Forces and is now the official catch phrase of the United States Air Force. Waddaya say'bout'at? GIT-R-DONE!!!

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
True grits
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2006, 06:29:48 PM »
My first exposure to grits was interesting, as I was driving down through Atlanta enroute to my first assignment in Florida.  Truck stop diner, lady asks, "You want an egg on them grits, honey?"

"Sure, why not?"

I won't eat 'em any other way, now.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
True grits
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2006, 01:34:32 AM »
Mmmmmmm,,,country fried steak and gravy...

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

mtnbkr

• friend
True grits
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2006, 02:13:55 AM »
Ya know, if we ever held an APS banquet, we'd all die of heart failure the next morning. Cheesy

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
True grits
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2006, 02:57:53 AM »
"we'd all die of heart failure the next morning."

You really think it would take that long, Chris?

I've always suspected that you're an optimist. Now I know. Cheesy
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.