Author Topic: youtube "prank" robbery video gets one shot dead.  (Read 682 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
youtube "prank" robbery video gets one shot dead.
« on: February 07, 2021, 03:20:08 AM »
  early 20's guys making prank vids
 ( I have seen a bunch of "bait bike" vids that are mildly amusing )
They pretend to rob people with butcher knives!
Did they not know they could be shot?
Stupid way to die.
I wonder what yt channel it was
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tennessee-man-shot-killed-after-youtube-video-prank-goes-wrong-n1256940
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: youtube "prank" robbery video gets one shot dead.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 04:09:27 AM »
"Timothy Wilks, 20, was killed after he approached a group of people with butcher knives as part of a 'prank' robbery, police said."

Say whut?

Anyhoo, I've watched a couple of those surprise prank programs on TV and most of them are stupid and dangerous. 

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 05:29:52 AM »
Play stupid games ... win stupid prizes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 08:04:05 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 10:47:28 AM »
. . .
Anyhoo, I've watched a couple of those surprise prank programs on TV and most of them are stupid and dangerous.
Same here.

I figured that the televised practical joke shows were entirely rehearsed and scripted; otherwise with some of the "pranks" - the ones that were actually threatening - a violent response was likely with normal people being the object of the "fun."

Seems like these idiots couldn't figure that out - approaching strangers with weapons (butcher knives) in a threatening manner isn't funny, but IS a good way to get shot. As anyone with more than a spoonful of brains ought to know.

Another Darwin award candidate bites the dust.

(Or maybe it was a REAL robbery, and his cohorts are just SAYING it was a prank in an attempt to stay out of jail?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 10:55:46 AM »
I think part of the problem is the mindset that that has been pounded into many today that basically says you have no right to stand your ground and defend yourself but rather you must run and hide. The guy who didn't obviously didn't respond as the attacker/jokester expected.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 12:43:22 PM »
Metropolitan Nashville police could not be reached by phone or email on Saturday to provide additional details, including the status of the friend who was with Wilks at the time of his death and whether Starnes had a gun permit

Did Wilks have a butcher knife permit?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 01:10:14 PM »
Same here.

I figured that the televised practical joke shows were entirely rehearsed and scripted; otherwise with some of the "pranks" - the ones that were actually threatening - a violent response was likely with normal people being the object of the "fun."

There was a YouTube video a few years ago that went spectacularly wrong. A guy talked his girlfriend into shooting him at pointblank range while he was holding a telephone book in front of his chest. He assured her that the phone book would stop the bullet. The gun was a .50 caliber Desert Eagle.

Probably needless to say, the phone book did not stop the bullet.

The young woman was charged with second degree manslaughter, and she pleaded guilty. Personally, I don't think she should have been charged. Even the (male) idiot's family agreed that he talked her into it by assuring her that it was safe.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/woman-pleads-guilty-fatal-shooting-boyfriend-failed-youtube-stunt-n831151

YouTube is a pernicious disease. Once people get a YouTube channel up, some of them get completely addicted to a "need" to attract more views, and more subscriptions.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 01:11:34 PM »
I think the "friend" that was in on the so called prank needs to get a murder charge.
That's pretty much how it would(or should) go down in Oklahoma. If you are engaged in a crime and one of your partners in crime is killed by your intended victim the surviving criminal gets the murder charge.
I've seen those stupid scare the rube shows and videos and figure they pretty well had to be scripted. I'd like to see this event get wide spread publicity to hopefully educate a few people about the possible repercussions of trying to prank strangers.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2021, 02:24:31 PM »
Sometimes even relatively harmless pranks go wrong . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IltP3la77EU&ab_channel=xiviara

(I think this was completely scripted, by the way.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2021, 06:00:30 PM »
idiots see the scripted well produced and acted "prank" stuff and they're like the guys/gals who see a shootout on TV and imagine they know all about accuracy under fire and fighting.
some of the prank videos are amusing in an idiocracy/ow my balls kind of way - but it can go horribly wrong and the dunning kruger effect kicks in with darwin.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2021, 06:34:03 PM »
Is anyone surprised that it took this long for an idiot to get capped doing this sort of thing?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2021, 10:53:38 PM »
Is anyone surprised that it took this long for an idiot to get capped doing this sort of thing?

Meh, I'm kind of ok with it.  Guy was an ahole.

As Hawkmoon and WLJ said,  play stupid games..
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.