Author Topic: So how's MT?  (Read 1262 times)

zahc

• friend
So how's MT?
« on: March 20, 2006, 05:10:40 PM »
I'm a bit excited right now, I got accepted to an internship at MSU in Bozeman. So I'll be spending my summer there. Any ranges close by? Good gun laws? Hot chicks? Nice weather?
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
So how's MT?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 06:18:53 PM »
Gun laws are very good, plenty of hot chicks on campus, just not as many during the summer. Closest real range is about 25 miles away, but there is plenty of national forest to shoot in. Summer weather is great for all two months of it. If you want to go shooting while you are out here just let me know.
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
So how's MT?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 07:23:44 PM »
If you are coming up in the summer (also known as road construction), bring a prairie dog gun with you.

bob

theCZ

• friend
    • http://www.hunewill.com
So how's MT?
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 07:24:51 PM »
"Nice Weather?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Oh, you keeeel me!  Well, the weather is really nice in the summer.  Montana is pretty nice in the summer, I've heard.  I only stuck around the other three seasons for school the last four years in Missoula.  I prefer Bozeman though, but Missoula has an awesome private range five minutes from town.

BozemanMT

• friend
So how's MT?
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 03:33:37 AM »
There's a great range down not quite to 3 forks.  Go down to Yellowstone Gateway Sports in Gateway and ask about the range, they have the memberships there, you have to be an NRA member.  It's like $40 for a year.  It's a great range, it's a heck of a deal.
Yellowstone Gateway is a good place, there is also I think it's The Bullet Hole over off 7th, and he's got a nice little gun shop too.
MT is great, it can snow anytime.  It can also be amazingly beautiful.
19th is a disaster and getting worse.  Live close enough to campus to walk, shoudl be plenty of people subletting.
The pizza at Buffalo Bump in Gateway is amazing.
Brian
CO

From land of the free and home of the brave to land of the fee and home of the slave

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
So how's MT?
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 07:10:56 AM »
BozemanMT, the Bullet Hole is  no more. The owner was too much of a jerk and ran off his smith. I've never used the Yellowstone range, I usually go out to Logan or into Hyalite canyon.  Buffalo Bump pizza is very good.
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.