Author Topic: San Jose  (Read 725 times)

zahc

• friend
San Jose
« on: September 16, 2014, 11:28:38 PM »
Traveling there for work. Never been to the PRK before. Any hints on how not to upset the natives or end up on the news? I am not taking any guns, but is my Endura considered contraband? If I want to go be a tourist and take pictures of the golden gate at night, will I die in a gang initiation? I am not well adapted to cities.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: San Jose
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 12:07:15 AM »
If Endura = knife, CA has some of the most liberal knife laws in the country. Otherwise just be yourself and if you want to avoid headaches, don't talk politics.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 01:04:07 AM »
Do you know the way?

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 10:24:32 AM »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 10:51:12 AM »
Downtown SJC is pretty clean and nice, but it drops dead on the weekends.  If you're there, go find La Victoria near the college.  They have awesome burritos.  Near there is a nice area with several restaurants and bars.  A good variety.

In SFO, Battery Park is safe because it is a tourist area.  Lots of homeless, druggies, hippies, and weirdos (redundant?), but overall a safe area. I've walked all over SFO and never saw a really bad area.  You'll need a car to go up there from SJC, unless you want to take public transportation.  Once there, you'll be close to Fisherman's Wharf and all that entails.  I do recommend going to the Ferry Terminal Building.  It is full of specialty shops, restaurants, etc.  Upscale, but you can still eat cheap. Free samples for the win! During the week, there is a farmer's market outside and often several food tents.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?