Author Topic: Another Amazon Shipping Thread  (Read 1088 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Another Amazon Shipping Thread
« on: November 19, 2020, 08:27:20 AM »
Has anyone noticed this?

Starting probably a couple of weeks ago, I can no longer click on my tracking progress. In the past, as soon as a package shipped, the tracking ID became hyperlinked and you just clicked on it to see your delivery progress. Now that ID is no longer hyperlinked. If I want to see progress, if it's a non-Amazon delivery (few are for me these days), I have to cut and past the tracking ID into the shipper's tracking website.

If it's an Amazon shipment. I don't know anything about it until my phone app notifies me it's "ten stops away" on that mapping app they use. Otherwise I know nothing about it from the time I get the "shipped" notification until the truck is already near my house. I'm curious why they changed it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Another Amazon Shipping Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 09:23:10 AM »
I think they are trying to obscure the fact that many Prime shipments are no longer two day shipments.  We are no longer getting what we have been paying in a lot of cases.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 09:37:48 AM »
I think they are trying to obscure the fact that many Prime shipments are no longer two day shipments.  We are no longer getting what we have been paying in a lot of cases.

That might be part of it, and I certainly get some "long lead time" Prime deliveries, but I'm also getting a lot more next day (even if I order the evening before) deliveries. I think partially because they just opened a distribution center around an hour from the house.

It definitely seems like they want to obscure the process though.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 10:39:18 AM »
Nope, not noticed that at all.

I've had maybe 4 or 5 packages from Amazon in the last month and for every one of them I've been able to click on, and view, the tracking progress.

Latest package delivery was yesterday (LED headlights for the Forester) and I had no problems.

I don't bother too often with the "X steps away." I just care to know when it hits my porch.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 10:41:11 AM »

I really doubt that they're trying to hide that. Amazon, and various vendors, have been pretty up front about longer shipping times for a lot of products due to the 'rona.

I got such an e-mail from the seller of the LED headlights I just bought, warning that due to issues this year they might be delayed depending on the size/style I needed.

Fortunately, they were not delayed and were delivered in the 2-day prime shipping window.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 10:48:54 AM »
Nope, not noticed that at all.

Huh. This got me thinking maybe there was something wrong with my web browser or virus protection was maybe disabling the link. Tried two other browsers, another computer, and my phone, and tracking is non-linked on all of them.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 04:29:48 PM »
Maybe they just can't track stuff that's being delivered to Bum Effed Idaho?  [popcorn]

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 04:32:10 PM »
Zero problems with Amazon shipping.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 08:07:48 AM »
Just noticed that my last few small orders in the last week all showed 3 to 4 days delivery instead of the usual 2 but so far what I have gotten so far took the usual 2. Guess they're allowing for Black Friday Madness
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 09:53:33 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 09:46:29 AM »
I have a package going to my friend's place in rural Virginia. Supposed to be delivered today. And according to Amazon, it went out for delivery at 9:39 this morning. We'll see.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 09:55:46 AM »
For a month or so they were really bad about delaying shipment by several days. Now it seems they're back on schedule, at least for the mundanery that we order.

Also, local paper just announced permits have been issued for Amazon to begin construction of a $25m warehouse/sorting facility here in Lubbock. Nice little injection into the local economy, that.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2020, 10:03:27 AM »
Also, local paper just announced permits have been issued for Amazon to begin construction of a $25m warehouse/sorting facility here in Lubbock. Nice little injection into the local economy, that.

Brad

Read somewhere that they're looking into converting old Sears stores. We have two big ones still empty here.
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2020, 10:09:51 AM »
"Also, local paper just announced permits have been issued for Amazon to begin construction of a $25m warehouse/sorting facility here in Lubbock. Nice little injection into the local economy, that."

Did someone let AOC know? I'm sure that she can save your local community from the evils of Amazon the same way she saved Staten Island.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2020, 10:44:42 AM »
"Also, local paper just announced permits have been issued for Amazon to begin construction of a $25m warehouse/sorting facility here in Lubbock. Nice little injection into the local economy, that."

Did someone let AOC know? I'm sure that she can save your local community from the evils of Amazon the same way she saved Staten Island.

I wonder what NY is thinking about that these days given virus related employment losses, etc.? An Amazon distribution center was just completed near me and they hired over 2000 people. It was great news considering how many had lost jobs and can now work for Amazon, which pays much higher than the average local wages here, plus benefits.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2020, 11:16:20 AM »
I have seen a lot of stuff either ships immediate for the next day or stuff that takes a 3 to 7 days.  It might just be what I am ordering.  They are at least up front about the shipping time and generally meet that time frame.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2020, 11:21:07 AM »
I wonder what NY is thinking about that these days given virus related employment losses, etc.? An Amazon distribution center was just completed near me and they hired over 2000 people. It was great news considering how many had lost jobs and can now work for Amazon, which pays much higher than the average local wages here, plus benefits.

You just don't understand, you cis-normal white privilege racist!

Amazon is an oppressor... AND OPPRESSOR!

I really thought AOC shitting the bed on the Amazon HQ was really going to come back to bite her in the election. From what I can tell though, it was never even really mentioned how many jobs she cost people in New York.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2020, 12:03:29 PM »
Wife placed an order Sunday all Prime all in stock. ETA 12-08-2020
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2020, 12:53:00 PM »
Read somewhere that they're looking into converting old Sears stores. We have two big ones still empty here.

Main problem with that is most Sears stores were in population centers, meaning little or no direct access to concentrated rail and overland highway infrastructures.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2020, 07:39:15 AM »
So far I’ve had Amazon packages delivered in their normal Amazon vehicles, a Budget rental van, Uhaul truck and a red rental sedan.  I’m guessing business is so good they don’t have enough vehicles....

On that note, my wife is part of their delivery problems with her Amazon craze.  One thing I liked about her in the beginning was that she hated shopping in stores so our trips to malls and such were extremely limited.  Amazon ruined the financial savings we experienced early on in our relationship....lol