Author Topic: Free the bud, you RINOs!  (Read 1075 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jim147

• friends
Re: Free the bud, you RINOs!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 05:17:03 PM »
Should have been legal and taxed just like my whisky years ago.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 05:17:45 PM »
Should have been legal and taxed just like my whisky years ago.

Sin taxes should be outlawed.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 07:02:56 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 07:11:52 PM »
Don't bogart my freedom, dudes.

Get a job, hippie.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 08:01:15 PM »
Being that it was penned by a woman who spent most of her career putting black people in jail because they had pot, I question the specifics of the proposed law...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 09:05:50 PM »
^^^You're hangry. Have an edible.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 10:10:21 PM »
Being that it was penned by a woman who spent most of her career putting black people in jail because they had pot, I question the specifics of the proposed law...

I haven't read it but it is sounding like a bait and switch. You thought you got free weed, you really got more government.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 10:17:22 PM »
I haven't read it but it is sounding like a bait and switch. You thought you got free weed, you really got more government.

That happened in my previous hometown of Santa Barbara, where I still check in to the local commie paper. They were thrilled to death when CA passed the pot law, and local gov handed out more grow permits than anywhere else in the state. People were dancing in the street with liberal, progressive freedom. Now they are practically rioting at the bungled job the gov did, as well as the obnoxious smell from the legal grows that permeates the whole place. Apparently black market pot is still quite popular there.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2020, 10:36:01 AM »
Because after all the regulation and hype black market weed is cheaper. Brought to you by the same folks who lost money running a whorehouse.
AKA Navy Joe   

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2020, 10:54:55 AM »
Because after all the regulation and hype black market weed is cheaper. Brought to you by the same folks who lost money running a whorehouse.

A lot of consumers of the stuff have friends that are in jail for prior consumption or distribution or growth.  They're not in much of a mood to give their money to a bunch of retired cops who are now investing in the weed business since its legalization, or pay a government vig to burn a plant.  It's insane how many retired enforcers are investing in it.

More so than other illicit drugs, marijuana consumers favor protecting ideological principles in their market sector.  I don't see black market bud going anywhere.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 02:21:04 PM »
There can't be too many consumer products that don't have a black market option.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2020, 06:35:28 PM »
It's still pretty easy to come by moonshine if you know the right people.
Some of it is pretty damn good too.
Or so I've heard...
 =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2020, 10:14:50 PM »
Sin taxes should be outlawed.
No, keep the sin taxes and get rid of the income tax.  The Feds may not be so eager to outlaw recreational stuff if it bit into their tax revenue.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2020, 11:06:09 PM »
All these progressive__________(your favorite descriptives here) progressives are all about wealth inequality and tax the rich but they didn't say anything about the regressive tax ten years ago when the cost of smoky treats doubled overnight.
AKA Navy Joe   

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2020, 12:15:53 AM »
I think cannabis should be federally legalized.

But, I'm some kind of basement dwelling libertarian who can't be compelled to vote for the lesser of two evils, so what do I know...

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2020, 10:31:16 AM »
I think cannabis should be federally legalized.

But, I'm some kind of basement dwelling libertarian who can't be compelled to vote for the lesser of two evils, so what do I know...

The whole legalize pot issue is pretty far downstream of other issues for me that I generally don't bother commenting on it any longer. Like booze I cannot imagine what it would look like trying to actually aggressively enforce its illegality.

I've been tempted by the lesser of two evil arguments over the years but never really succumbed to it, despite my incredible cynicism and lack of trust in the system.

The last Bush presidency then the McCain and Romney fiascos pushed me over the edge. I was done being humiliated by being "forced" to vote for cretins. If it was Jeb or some other neocon in '16 instead of Trump I may have finally been done with the charade and failed to vote.

With Trump I perceived my enemies hated him. I also noticed he named my enemies as his enemies. Trump showed no evidence he hated me or my faith in Jesus. While I realized it might have all been him/them playing us again, another GWB, I took a gamble.

Along with Reagan and Paul my vote for Trump is a presidential vote I don't regret.

Trump is mostly a paleocon in practice but really he is pretty pragmatic. He doesn't appear to be a slave to ideology, there are a lot of slaves to ideology.

Trump would probably go along with Federal decriminalization of pot if it hit his desk IMHO.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.