Author Topic: A few more pictures...  (Read 636 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
A few more pictures...
« on: November 07, 2015, 10:35:19 PM »
Got the wife out and about today. I wanted to get out early to see if I could catch some Bald Eagles over by Grand Lake with some good morning light. She couldn't find the battery charger for her camera and for some reason couldn't let the damn phone ring without answering it. We manage to leaver the house about 11:30am.

Wasn't a total bust though. Not he best light conditions but here are a few from the day.

Osprey, a migrant visitor to this area, I initially thought it was a juvenile Bald Eagle.

Caught a big group of pelicans feeding on the north end of the lake later in the day.

These three looked like they all went for the same fish at the same time.

And just because I could I did a little light "offroading" in the new Jeep.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 11:03:08 PM by RoadKingLarry »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
Re: A few more pictures...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 11:16:55 PM »
A wonderful bird is the pelican.
Can it's beak hold as much
as it's bellycan?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 01:46:11 AM »
Absolutely stunning!  =)
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 10:06:43 AM »
Hey, y'know, yer gettin' purty good at that there fortygrafting stuff.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 06:43:32 PM »
Yes, he is indeed!
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 11:51:11 PM »
Thanks for the compliments. I've been trying to make the transition from "taking a picture" to "making a picture". Still a long way to go. When I compare my stuff to what I see on a very good photography forum I frequent I start feel like a one eyed, near sighted, inbred spaz  with a dollar store disposable camera.
It's a good forum though, most would rather tell you how to improve your technique without mentioning that a pressed print of a roadkill skunk wouldn't stink as bad.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams