Author Topic: Red Light Cameras  (Read 9816 times)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Re: Red Light Cameras
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 01:58:16 PM »
the mayor/county administrator that installed the RLCs is the prime one to spoof
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 02:03:51 PM »
I've heard in some places that teenagers have been known to print out "fake" plates with someone else's number on them, place them over their own plates temporarily, and then drive through a toll plaza or red light camera just so the target of their ire gets a ticket.

Wonder what the penalty is for getting caught doing something like that?

Pretty sure thats probably a criminal offense in most states.   :police:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 02:29:46 PM »
She could have nailed Hertz to the wall.  With the court's dismissal in hand she had proof that Hertz had failed in their duty to perform due diligence.  In most states that falls under specific performance and is usually attached to a treble damages clause.  That's in civil court.  She might also have had a pretty good criminal case if she'd wanted to pursue it.  Might still if the statute of limitations hasn't run out.

Brad

As I recall, she was talking about doing that for a while, but then gave up, having been exhausted from the first hassle. I agree Hertz was absolutely negligent.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."