Author Topic: 'American Factory' on Netflix  (Read 829 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
'American Factory' on Netflix
« on: September 02, 2019, 08:47:32 PM »
'American Factory' is the story of a closed GM truck plant in Dayton, Ohio.  A Chinese glass company reopened the factory to make automotive glass.  A very interesting look at the clash of cultures engendered by American workers and Chinese supervisory personnel and their unfamiliarity with the American regulatory environment.  Recommended.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: 'American Factory' on Netflix
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 09:59:45 AM »
'American Factory' is the story of a closed GM truck plant in Dayton, Ohio.  A Chinese glass company reopened the factory to make automotive glass.  A very interesting look at the clash of cultures engendered by American workers and Chinese supervisory personnel and their unfamiliarity with the American regulatory environment.  Recommended.

I started watching it, but I've been distracted by re-watching the first season of Jack Ryan on Prime.  Dayton was so dependent upon manufacturing jobs, when they disappeared I felt like it was the final blow to the city.  When I was there for college (89-94) I always said Dayton was a dead and dying city. 
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 11:59:14 AM »
That's the Obama propaganda film isn't it?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 09:12:00 AM »
That's the Obama propaganda film corporation isn't it?

Fixed it for you . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht