Author Topic: Now here's a rather unusual police shooting.  (Read 603 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Now here's a rather unusual police shooting.
« on: January 31, 2023, 12:18:03 PM »
Now the guy did just stab someone and wouldn't drop the knife and did act like he was going to throw it but it's.... weird.
You'll know what I mean when you see the video at the link

https://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2023/01/31/1095102999465539219/636x382_MP4_1095102999465539219.mp4

California cops shoot dead double amputee, 36, as he tries to run away from them on his stumps: Police department says officers feared he was going to 'throw his knife at them'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11697109/Huntington-Park-cops-shoot-dead-double-amputee-Anthony-Lowe-Jr-tries-run.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Now here's a rather unusual police shooting.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 01:00:50 PM »
Pretty damning video for the cops
I really don't think this going to get any traction with the MSM though.
The story just doesn't have any legs.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 01:53:39 PM »
Probably won't stop them from trying to run with it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 03:03:37 PM »
cops shoot dead double amputee
Maybe they shot him because he was already dead?  That would freak out most people.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 03:05:09 PM »
His family say he lost the lower halves of his legs recently after an altercation with police in Texas.

Sounds like a pattern. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2023, 03:20:01 PM »
Pretty damning video for the cops
I really don't think this going to get any traction with the MSM though.
The story just doesn't have any legs.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2023, 05:10:04 PM »
If he would have survived, he would have lost any lawsuit.......He didn't have a leg to stand on.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2023, 06:11:11 PM »
The story is simply not supported by the footage... ornithologically.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2023, 06:19:24 PM »
Too soon?

In hot pursuit

- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2023, 06:55:54 PM »
Probably won't stop them from trying to run with it.
Don't jump to conclusions, just take it carefully one step at a time, convicting the cops is no shoe-in . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2023, 08:25:35 AM »
REVEALED: Double amputee who was shot dead by California cops stabbed man just moments before - after jumping out of his wheelchair and chasing him down sidewalk
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11720729/Footage-double-amputee-carrying-12-inch-knife-stabbing-man-torso-walked-sidewalk.html

Oh, and the family is suing the police despite this. Shocker

- Calvin and Hobbes