Author Topic: Right wing media exposed trying to keep down "The One"  (Read 3467 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Right wing media exposed trying to keep down "The One"
« on: July 24, 2008, 06:14:01 PM »
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/fnc/dozens_protest_outside_fox_news_headquarters_89972.asp

Dozens Protest Outside Fox News Headquarters

NasCUFNC_7-What brings out MTV News, AllHipHop.com, Access Hollywood, The Colbert Report and, well, us? A Nas-led protest outside News Corp. today, home of Fox News Channel.

The hip-hop star (left) joined about 50 protesters, (less than another anti-FNC protest in 2004) from two organizations: ColorofChange.org and MoveOn.org who called on the network to, "stop its racist smears against the Obamas and other Black Americans."

Also in attendance  more than 620,000 signed petitions. Andre Banks, deputy director of Color of Change, told TVNewser the plan was to bring the boxes in one by one, but in the end, "They refused to accept the petitions. They just don't want to hear it."

The protesters stood quietly for about an hour until Nas appeared, most holding pre-made or hand-made signs. Many Fox News employees came to check out the scene, including Red Eye host Greg Gutfeld and some of the show's staff. "This is quite possibly the most boring protest ever," he told us.

But that was before Nas arrived. The hip-hop star emerged from an SUV to a flutter of cameras, made his way to the front of the protesters and gave a short speech, before heading back into the SUV.

A Fox News spokesperson tells TVNewser, "Fox News believes in all protesters exercising their right to free speech, including Nas, who has an album to promote."

About 15 minutes after leaving, Nas returned, and he had something to say.

"They messed with the wrong person," said Nas. "They know what time it is."

He said he was disappointed the petitions weren't able to be delivered, but "we're going to work on it." Banks tells TVNewser the next step will be to compile the petitions in a spreadsheet and email it to Fox News.

The protesters' grievances include the terrorist fist jab comment, Liz Trotta's Obama-Osama mix-up and Bill O'Reilly's lynching comment.

Nas and Fox News have a history going back to last fall. It led Nas to produce the song "Sly Fox" on his new album. John Gibson took on the rapper in October over his purported album title. Gibson may address the protest today on his radio show  a staffer was on hand to get audio for a possible segment.

But Nas vs. O'Reilly has been the biggest story. Last August, O'Reilly questioned the decision to have the rapper at a Virginia Tech tribute show, and Nas fired back, including challenging O'Reilly to a debate. Today on The Radio Factor, O'Reilly talked about the protest.

We asked Banks how he thinks FNC handled the Rev. Jesse Jackson off-air comments. He said it was, "good to see Fox exercise restraint in how they cover things."

As for any bias against Barack Obama, FNC announced yesterday that Bill Hemmer will interview Obama in London on Saturday, and Fox News has two seats on the press plane during the presumptive nominee's overseas trip.

They thought the other networks were racists too but they couldn't protest, the others were closed, seems all staffers were on the Obama world tour. What a lame protest. Didn't even get the petitions delivered? -1,000 street cred for Nas.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Regolith

• friend
Re: Right wing media exposed trying to keep down "The One"
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 07:09:28 PM »
That's amusing, given that he preponderance of cash donations from members of the traditional media are to...wait for it....Obama.

http://www.ibdeditorial.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=301702713742569

And liberals outnumber conservatives heavily amongst the press:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/mar/18/right-underrepresented-in-presss-diversity/
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 07:31:06 PM »
Yes, rightwingers are "racist."  And the 95 per cent of blacks for Obama are not.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

FTA84

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 06:56:07 AM »
I hope one day people will stop trying to play the race card.  I watched NAS on the Colbert report and I didn't see anything really racist in fox news clips they showed.  Confusing Osama and Obama?  What does that have to do with race?  Confusing Obama and Oprah might be racist but not confusing people of two different races!

Some people think anytime you mention race it is racism.

"Statistically, African-American males have an increased chance of sickle cell anemia"
"That is a racist comment!  We all have the an equal chance of having sickle cell anemia!"

I think America is getting sick of people playing the race card to get things they don't deserve.

I watched a few minutes of CNN's 'black in America'.  Some african-american was on there spewing about how he went to a white highschool where a guidance counselor told him to be a construction worker instead of going to college.  Appearently, this (perhaps honest?) advice caused him to enlist (when he was 18/19) in the military, where the 'white man' put him into a miltary zone (Vietnam).  To cope with all the damage the 'white man' did he started using drugs and brought that back to America and commited armed robbery (murder? I stopped watching about here) and went to jail for 20 some years.  All because of the 'white man'.  Would all be a great story except....

My stepfather came from an extremely poor family (their bathroom was still an outhouse in 1968), his father passed away, and so he enlisted in the military at the age of 17 to pay the family bills.  He went to fight in the same war, came home and got the same spit on his face from hippies.  But he didn't do drugs or commit armed robbery.  He went and got a job and lived.

I wish people would start taking personal responsibility for their decisions.  You enlisted in the military, you decided to do drugs, you decided to commit armed robbery and so you go to jail.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 08:05:07 AM »
I hope one day people will stop trying to play the race card.  I watched NAS on the Colbert report and I didn't see anything really racist in fox news clips they showed.  Confusing Osama and Obama?  What does that have to do with race?  Confusing Obama and Oprah might be racist but not confusing people of two different races!

Some people think anytime you mention race it is racism.

"Statistically, African-American males have an increased chance of sickle cell anemia"
"That is a racist comment!  We all have the an equal chance of having sickle cell anemia!"

I think America is getting sick of people playing the race card to get things they don't deserve.

I watched a few minutes of CNN's 'black in America'.  Some african-american was on there spewing about how he went to a white highschool where a guidance counselor told him to be a construction worker instead of going to college.  Appearently, this (perhaps honest?) advice caused him to enlist (when he was 18/19) in the military, where the 'white man' put him into a miltary zone (Vietnam).  To cope with all the damage the 'white man' did he started using drugs and brought that back to America and commited armed robbery (murder? I stopped watching about here) and went to jail for 20 some years.  All because of the 'white man'.  Would all be a great story except....

My stepfather came from an extremely poor family (their bathroom was still an outhouse in 1968), his father passed away, and so he enlisted in the military at the age of 17 to pay the family bills.  He went to fight in the same war, came home and got the same spit on his face from hippies.  But he didn't do drugs or commit armed robbery.  He went and got a job and lived.

I wish people would start taking personal responsibility for their decisions.  You enlisted in the military, you decided to do drugs, you decided to commit armed robbery and so you go to jail.
I agree completely.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 08:17:08 AM »
"I hope one day people will stop trying to play the race card."

Why should they?

It's far too profitable to them to give it up.

Look at the money that Jackson has extorted from corporations using the race card. Jackson, Sharpton, and others don't want America to go color blind. They FEAR an America that's color blind.

Racism is bad, except when it's profitable to people like Jackson and Sharpton. Then it's good.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 12:23:37 PM »
Wait.  You guys are saying that Obama and Osama are two different people?   undecided
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 12:24:37 PM »
Wait.  You guys are saying that Obama and Osama are two different people?   undecided

They have to be. One actually made definitive statements in his public appearances.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 12:58:14 PM »
 grin   grin   grin
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 01:13:23 PM »
You are all White Devils and will pay for standing in the way of the Messiah!
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 04:19:39 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HCfHhUxSD3Y&feature=related

Maybe not.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 04:45:24 PM »
The hip-hop star (left) joined about 50 protesters, (less than another anti-FNC protest in 2004) from two organizations: ColorofChange.org and MoveOn.org who called on the network to, "stop its racist smears against the Obamas and other Black Americans

His lyrics: (legal statement: his words, not mine)

Be A Ni^*&^ Too Lyrics
Artist(Band):Nas

Turn your radios up..
You are now allowed to listen to the radio..
The REAL niggaz are back, on the radio..

Uh, no slackin, no beggin, no askin, no fastin
No disrespect to Islam or ?Iman? or pastor
No answers to questions the media's askin
Why we fight each other in public in front of these arrogant fascists?
They love it; puttin the old niggaz vs. the youngest
Most of our elders failed us, how could they judge us? Niggaz
There's verbal books published by niggaz, produced by niggaz
Genuine niggaz, so I salute my, niggaz
Not mad 'cause Eminem said nigga, 'cause he my nigga
wigga, cracker, friend - we all black within, okay?
We all African, okay
Some Africans don't like us no way!
A killng happened in Johannesburg, yesterday
Slain artist named Lucky Dube, hijacked
Some say N-double A-C-P, keep us sidetracked
But I don't buy that, I buy Aston Martins
Faster cars than, NASA cars in, sparkin while ridin
Critics, eat a dick! Journalists see I'm rich
with this "N-word jogging," I'm just startin, bitch!

Lemme see, if I went around talking like that, being a hispanic man and all, would that make me a racist? 

I hope one day people will stop trying to play the race card
Word!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 07:01:48 PM »
Politics used to be for adults.  Not necessarily good adults but adults.  No longer.  Obama's campaign is a Children's Crusade.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.