Author Topic: NAACP leader says black people are clueless.  (Read 3467 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
NAACP leader says black people are clueless.
« on: July 12, 2012, 02:01:38 PM »
Charlette Stoker Manning is chairwoman of Women in NAACP. She thinks black people don't know about savings accounts or entrepreneurship.

http://thehayride.com/2012/07/who-hates-black-people-most-in-this-country/

That would be news in the "diverse" neighborhood where I live. I've met a few black entrepreneurs here.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
Re: NAACP leader says black people are clueless.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 06:20:52 PM »
Are those black entrepreneurs planning to vote for Obama?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 07:13:42 PM »
Many very poor people don't use savings or bank accounts but this is hardly exclusive or anything like a majority of blacks.

SC is PWT central...race doesn't enter into it either way, its culture. (I know you guys all know this, but it needed to be said)
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 09:20:45 PM »
She said that black people don't "know about" bank accounts.  Many fairly poor people do not have a bank account of any kind.  They live on a cash basis and often get money orders where they can not use cash.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 11:15:00 PM »
She said that black people don't "know about" bank accounts.  Many fairly poor people do not have a bank account of any kind.  They live on a cash basis and often get money orders where they can not use cash.

A lot of people in my neighborhood doing that. I think they are aware of savings accounts, though, and I'm sure they know black people who run their own businesses. The black entrepreneurs I'm talking about aren't of the Herman Cain, big-money type. One of them runs a dance school. Another started a clothing store, and the other one is an African guy that imports girls from the old country to staff his African hair braiding shop.

Still, I think the over-riding point is that she's saying that Romney should talk down to the NAACP, and treat them like po' colored folk.  :facepalm:  I can only presume she was disappointed that he didn't do that, so she could call him a racist for it.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 12:38:56 AM »
A lot of people in my neighborhood doing that. I think they are aware of savings accounts, though, and I'm sure they know black people who run their own businesses. The black entrepreneurs I'm talking about aren't of the Herman Cain, big-money type. One of them runs a dance school. Another started a clothing store, and the other one is an African guy that imports girls from the old country to staff his African hair braiding shop.

Still, I think the over-riding point is that she's saying that Romney should talk down to the NAACP, and treat them like po' colored folk.  :facepalm:  I can only presume she was disappointed that he didn't do that, so she could call him a racist for it.

Pretty much this. Typical race-baiter liberal debate tactics.

You talk in an uplifting and hopeful manner to minorities about getting ahead, and "You're insensitive to their real-world and immediate concerns."

You talk to them like they've got insurmountable problems and can't possibly get ahead in life, and "You're racist assuming they can never achieve anything."*

*Of course it's okay when a Liberal/Democrat talks to them like that to pander for votes and try to go for the old tried-n-true class-warfare angle.
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 01:08:37 AM »
Yup. I'm starting to get really tired of the automatic presumption of racism any time a righty tries to say something remotely related to race. Meanwhile, lefties and fellow travelers can feel free to say anything from stereotype jokes to actual racism, and [crickets chirping].

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 08:21:30 AM »
I'll bet there are a lot of black entrepreneurs who don't have savings accounts, because their business is done on strictly a cash basis.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 11:40:01 PM »
I have offered jobs to black men and some of them refused to work for me unless I paid them cash.  You can read between the lines on the why's, but it doesn't take a CPA to figure that one out.  It is hard to change stupid, or is it really "stupid"?

Blacks and the less financially fortunate folks generally know about saving accounts or checking accounts.  They just can't maintain the minimum balances that are often required and eventually decide to do things on a cash basis.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 12:49:09 PM »
I'll bet there are a lot of black entrepreneurs who don't have savings accounts, because their business is done on strictly a cash basis.

Chemistry and pharmaceutical sales are honorable professions!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 01:41:10 PM »

I suspect drugs are only a part of the cash economy. The clothing store owner that I mentioned? He didn't think a credit/debit card reader was worth paying the service fees. Too few of his customers tried to pay that way.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 04:22:18 PM »

YGBSM.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 10:20:16 PM »
YGBSM.

Is joke because I couldn't find the "That's Racist" kid .gif

Lighten up Francis
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.