Author Topic: breitbart piece on the bundy ranch  (Read 3453 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
breitbart piece on the bundy ranch
« on: April 19, 2014, 06:19:52 PM »
the court documents in particular don't support the narrative presented by the "alternate media" and bundy family.
do these facts affect the case? or not?
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/12/The-Saga-of-Bundy-Ranch

heres an attempt at an alternate legal defense that i think fails   and oddly the reasons why are laid out in this piece thats reaching hard to  find a way
http://benswann.com/exclusive-does-cliven-bundy-have-something-called-prescriptive-rights-why-the-blm-may-be-afraid-of-going-to-court/
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: breitbart piece on the bundy ranch
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 09:29:25 PM »
Frankly speaking, the fed.gov needs to be taken down several pegs, whether Bundy is in the right or not.

The tea that wound up in Boston harbor was someone's rightful property too. Even if one wants to make the case said tea belonged to the East India Co. a monopolistic corporate instrument of the crown, the people handling the tea and the ship were "ordinary people just doing their jobs".
I promise not to duck.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 10:14:49 PM »
Frankly speaking, the fed.gov needs to be taken down several pegs, whether Bundy is in the right or not.

The tea that wound up in Boston harbor was someone's rightful property too. Even if one wants to make the case said tea belonged to the East India Co. a monopolistic corporate instrument of the crown, the people handling the tea and the ship were "ordinary people just doing their jobs".

Difference is King George was born as a monarch and we can replace our leaders at election time.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 10:15:05 PM »

This.

IMO,  It's an issue of out of control Feds more than anything else, and we're lucky that no one died this time.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 10:20:20 PM »
Difference is King George was born as a monarch and we can replace our leaders at election time.

With what?  The Dem or Republican on the ballot?  Different side of the same coin.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 10:23:24 PM »
Different side of the same coin.

Heads they win, tails we lose.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 11:06:59 PM »

Yeah, at some point inertia runs right on past the original issue and its merits. Like Ukraine, a few months ago we were watching protests and armed clashes in Kiev with mild interest. Now it looks more like Sudetenland and Austria 2.0. Could we even go back to the original issues there? At this point what does it matter?tm
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 11:56:57 PM »
Here's the best piece I've read on what truly happened at Bundy Ranch and what I meant when I said "You don't get it." and the difference between legally and ethically right:

http://johntreed.com/BLM-Nevada-rancher-showdown.html

Something that was already in the works prior to Bundy Ranch.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/57836973-90/utah-lands-lawmakers-federal.html.csp
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 12:01:01 AM »

A few have already pointed out the futility in that.

Also, it's a lack of vision on the part of the "law and order" types on this board. What you fail to understand/believe is that it does not require someone with evil intent for the evil to happen.

It is simply an emergent property of the system.
I promise not to duck.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 12:41:49 AM »
Everything Hitler did was legal and within the laws of the Third Reich.

The Purges by Lenin and Stalin, legal.  Same with all those sent to die in the Gulags.

The Famine in the Ukraine in the 1920's and 1930's.  100% Legal.

The Purges, Great Leap Forward and Cultural Revolution in China under Mao.  All laws duly passed by the government.

The Killing Fields of Cambodia and Re-education camps in Vietnam.  Run and coordinated Legally by decrees of the governments.

Again.  Do not confuse legal with moral and ethical.  

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 02:04:37 AM »
A few have already pointed out the futility in that.

Especially since the larger problem is the unelected bureaucrats, answering to (apparently) no one.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 02:43:53 AM »

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

• friends
Re: Re: Re: breitbart piece on the bundy ranch
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 04:08:34 AM »
Perhaps this might help with understanding "why":

http://prepperchimp.com/2014/04/19/awesome-video-bundy-ranch-supporter-crushes-nbc-news-host/

How was that supposed to help?
She was a bit less bug eyed than some of bundy's disciple's but she seemed to rehash debunked points and avoided answering some goid questions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 07:57:12 AM »
Here's the best piece I've read on what truly happened at Bundy Ranch and what I meant when I said "You don't get it." and the difference between legally and ethically right:

http://johntreed.com/BLM-Nevada-rancher-showdown.html

This in spades!!

I am not as educated as other on this board and across this country but I know the difference between my rights and some *expletive deleted*ing bird or turtle or what ever smoke screen that is used to screw me.

Enough is enough.

• friends
Re:
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 08:14:48 AM »
Do explain ones rights to property one does not own. Or in this case how not paying entitled him to expand the area he used beyond the original graze after stopping payments

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 09:24:14 AM »
Yea, I posted the link to that article early on in the other thread on Bundy. As an individual he certainly doesn't do the bigger cause much good

Bottom line is that the government has systematically been driving ranchers out of business for a long time under the guise of land management. Viewing this incident outside of the context of a century of government/rancher relations certainly makes the government look more reasonable than it really is. Government has an agenda and it doesn't include the ranchers who aren't part of big-ag industrial complex.

Maybe he should become a tortoise rancher and come out with his own brand of tex-mex tortoise soup.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

• friends
Re:
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 09:42:42 AM »
Portraying bundy as poor rancher is a stretch if you use the numbers bandied about by his own camp. In fact it would place him  more on the big ag end. Big ag not paying their rent.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 11:27:45 AM by cassandra and sara's daddy »

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 11:05:31 AM »
So who's going to lead the armed uprising or are you just going to bitch about it on a online forum where one is preaching to a mostly agreeing choir?  [popcorn]

Uranus is a gas giant.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2014, 11:15:41 AM »
I'm not interested in wading through all the partisan propaganda and biased mainstream media to get to the bottom of this.  So can someone help me out, what's the short version here?  

As I understand it, Bundy and his family going back several generations have been using land owned by FedGov to graze their cattle, with FedGov's permission.  About 20 years ago FedGov stopped granting permission.  Bundy continued to use the land without permission, engendering lawsuits and court rulings that Bundy & cattle were trespassing and must stop.  FedGov eventually sent someone out to the land to remove the cattle, and Bundy and sympathizers took up arms to stop them.

That much I think I understand.  Is that basically correct?

As a legal matter, it seems to be an open and shut case against Bundy.  It ain't their land, never has been, no way no how.  But Bundy and supporters are appealing to some moral authority not recognized by the law, yes?  That's what I'm not clear on.  What is that moral authority?  Can someone explain that for me, concisely and without rhetoric?

Or is it that folks are just spoiling for a fight with FedGov over their overbearing land/farm/ranch/waterway regulations?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 11:26:52 AM »
I'm not interested in wading through all the partisan propaganda and biased mainstream media to get to the bottom of this.  So can someone help me out, what's the short version here?  

As I understand it, Bundy and his family going back several generations have been using land owned by FedGov to graze their cattle, with FedGov's permission.  About 20 years ago FedGov stopped granting permission.  Bundy continued to use the land without permission, engendering lawsuits and court rulings that Bundy & cattle were trespassing and must stop.  FedGov eventually sent someone out to the land to remove the cattle, and Bundy and sympathizers took up arms to stop them.

That much I think I understand.  Is that basically correct?

Pretty much how I understand the Bundy situation

As a legal matter, it seems to be an open and shut case against Bundy.  It ain't their land, never has been, no way no how.  But Bundy and supporters are appealing to some moral authority not recognized by the law, yes?  That's what I'm not clear on.  What is that moral authority?  Can someone explain that for me, concisely and without rhetoric?

I think Bundy is acting like a squatter and trying to get squatter's rights.

Or is it that folks are just spoiling for a fight with FedGov over their overbearing land/farm/ranch/waterway regulations?

That also.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2014, 11:27:26 AM »

Sure.  With more corporate shills.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 11:32:37 AM »
I think Bundy is acting like a squatter and trying to get squatter's rights.

I've never heard of a squatter with a long history of paying the rent. Is a person fighting eviction considered a squatter?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Re: breitbart piece on the bundy ranch
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 11:35:24 AM »

I've never heard of a squatter with a long history of paying the rent. Is a person fighting eviction considered a squatter?  ???

18 years after being ordered to vacate for not paying rent anymore?

Absolutely
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 11:42:30 AM »

He was told his lease wasn't being renewed and needed to leave

Uranus is a gas giant.