Author Topic: Sleeping your way to the top.  (Read 3522 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Sleeping your way to the top.
« on: April 07, 2016, 08:48:53 PM »
So the first "serious" female presidential candidate, potentially our first female president, got there solely by sleeping with the right guy.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Sleeping your way to the top.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 09:18:55 PM »
Can I just say, right now, regardless of anyone's opinion on the subject, this is absolutely not a direction any conservative/GOP/doesn't want Hilary for President should go in.

Stooping to this level will just inflame her supporters and push swing voters in her direction.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 09:30:48 PM »
I would add that in addition to being below the standards of our little community here, it's also obviously wrong.

Hillary is a presidential candidate because she went to the right schools, met and shook hands with the right people on the way up, did the right due paying in the democratic party and served as a senator for an order of magnitude longer then is necessary for a dem candidate.  She's despicable for the many things that earned her the lead of the democratic party, while being First Lady helped with name recognition, she undeniably put in the party grunt work.

There are too many women that have slept with Bill Clinton and aren't powerful politicians to believe that he has a causative effect.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 09:39:28 PM »
I would add that in addition to being below the standards of our little community here, it's also obviously wrong.

Hillary is a presidential candidate because she went to the right schools, met and shook hands with the right people on the way up, did the right due paying in the democratic party and served as a senator for an order of magnitude longer then is necessary for a dem candidate.  She's despicable for the many things that earned her the lead of the democratic party, while being First Lady helped with name recognition, she undeniably put in the party grunt work.

There are too many women that have slept with Bill Clinton and aren't powerful politicians to believe that he has a causative effect.

Exactly. When Lewinsky is on the ballot, *then* we can go there.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 10:10:12 PM »

By the same token, plenty of folks have played the same political game that Hillary has without becoming serious Presidential candidates.  Most much harder and longer, in fact. 

Hillary's solo political career started at US senator.  You call that dues paying?  Even Obama held state office for 7 years prior to touching third base at the US senate.

Crass as fistful's depiction may be, I think it is entirely accurate to say that without being married to Bill during his presidency she would have had very little - if any - chance of ever seeing any national elected office.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 10:12:22 PM »
By the same token, plenty of folks have played the same political game that Hillary has without becoming serious Presidential candidates.  Most much harder and longer, in fact. 

Hillary's solo political career started at US senator.  You call that dues paying?  Even Obama held state office for 7 years prior to touching third base at the US senate.

Crass as fistful's depiction may be, I think it is entirely accurate to say that without being married to Bill during his presidency she would have had very little - if any - chance of ever seeing any national elected office.

Marriage the way, sleeping the way, whatever... still not a direction we need to go it.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 10:22:12 PM »

This.

No one would elect a Rodham based on her limited resume,  much less her lovable personality.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 10:43:44 PM »
Can I just say, right now, regardless of anyone's opinion on the subject, this is absolutely not a direction any conservative/GOP/doesn't want Hilary for President should go in.

Stooping to this level will just inflame her supporters and push swing voters in her direction.

Besides which, who in their right mind would want to sleep with the Hildabeast? [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 10:48:01 PM »
Besides which, who in their right mind would want to sleep with the Hildabeast? [popcorn]

well, clearly not Bill...

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 11:26:31 PM »
If you believe some rumors, that may have never happened. 

It doesn't matter.  Aside from being a good joke about a woman who is supposedly a feminist, it doesn't matter.  The people likely to vote for Cruz or Trump already know it and don't need reminding.  The people who would consider voting for Hilary know it too and don't care or deny it.  Remember, some of these people actually said Obama was qualified to be President because he ran for office. 

Reoublicans will need to motivate their base to vote in November.  Hilary's base is not well motivated now.  No reason to help them out.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 11:35:26 PM »

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 11:36:42 PM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 11:38:30 PM »

That's all I'm saying. I'm not suggesting it would be a good campaign ad.

Actually, no, that's not all I'm saying. I'm sure we could find plenty of female politicians that don't owe all of their political success to having married a more likeable, more able politician. Nancy Pelosi, perhaps? Margaret Thatcher? But I won't pass up the opportunity to laugh at the Lena Dunhams and Madeleine Albrights who hold up Mrs. Bill Clinton as a feminist icon. A woman that owes her candidacy, and perhaps her presidency, to having married the right man.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 12:14:54 AM by fistful »

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 07:40:52 AM »
Exactly. When Lewinsky is on the ballot, *then* we can go there.

She would probably be a better choice.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 08:09:28 AM »

That's all I'm saying. I'm not suggesting it would be a good campaign ad.

Actually, no, that's not all I'm saying. I'm sure we could find plenty of female politicians that don't owe all of their political success to having married a more likeable, more able politician. Nancy Pelosi, perhaps? Margaret Thatcher? But I won't pass up the opportunity to laugh at the Lena Dunhams and Madeleine Albrights who hold up Mrs. Bill Clinton as a feminist icon. A woman that owes her candidacy, and perhaps her presidency, to having married the right man.

This is true, but what better way to inaugurate our descent into Banana Republic status than by electing a previous president's wife? (Looking at you, Argentina.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 09:35:32 AM »
To further clarify, I didn't intend this thread as an attack on Mrs. Clinton (though she deserves attacking), so much as a comment on the less-than-feminist nature of her candidacy.

And it's not just that she became a household name and a viable Senate/presidential candidate because she was married to a successful politician. If you listen, it's not uncommon to hear people say that they're voting for Hillary Clinton, not because of her qualifications, but specifically because her husband was a good president. Or they say things like, "She may have such-and-such flaws, but Bill Clinton will be there." How empowering for the liberated woman, to have Bill Clinton's wife, carefully guided by Bill Clinton, elected president on the strength of Bill Clinton's allegedly good presidency.

[Lewinsky] would probably be a better choice.

True.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 09:49:52 AM by fistful »

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2016, 10:38:28 AM »
To further clarify, I didn't intend this thread as an attack on Mrs. Clinton (though she deserves attacking), so much as a comment on the less-than-feminist nature of her candidacy.

And it's not just that she became a household name and a viable Senate/presidential candidate because she was married to a successful politician. If you listen, it's not uncommon to hear people say that they're voting for Hillary Clinton, not because of her qualifications, but specifically because her husband was a good president. Or they say things like, "She may have such-and-such flaws, but Bill Clinton will be there." How empowering for the liberated woman, to have Bill Clinton's wife, carefully guided by Bill Clinton, elected president on the strength of Bill Clinton's allegedly good presidency.

I understand the nuance of what you're saying, but outside of this forum.. Liz is absolutely correct, nobody else will. Other than being useful as edgy snark for the Right wing shock-jocks, it's political plutonium to try and float this as an actual meme for any kind of serious campaigning.

Perhaps someone should consider floating this to Trump as a form of sabotage, hoping he'll repeat it, but that's all I have.
I promise not to duck.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2016, 10:52:24 AM »
The American public is well versed and trained at ignoring the obvious that is right in front of their faces.

Hillary actually being anywhere near getting elected our president is proof enough of that if any proof is needed.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2016, 12:25:55 PM »
Thread title unintentionally accurate? I think this is all along is a long game. I await the installation of Chelsea that is Hillary's real prize.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2016, 12:33:29 PM »

AGGHHH!!   Must unsee!  Must UNSEE!   Where's the eye bleach?!?!?    :facepalm:     
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2016, 01:10:50 PM »
...it's political plutonium to try and float this as an actual meme for any kind of serious campaigning.

??? This is an internet thread; not a GOP strategy meeting, or a campaign ad focus group.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2016, 02:32:52 PM »

??? This is an internet thread; not a GOP strategy meeting, or a campaign ad focus group.

Ah... so it was just a quip, and a drive-by post with no substance that you made then.

My mistake.

I promise not to duck.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2016, 04:10:34 PM »

True.

I actually agree with you. It's ironic to say the least.

But you have a few things at play here, that make the acceptance of Hilary as a feminist icon something of non issue in this race.

First of all, she is not a feminist icon to the current generation of so called feminism. Most of that crew is in Bernie's pocket.

Hilary represents the feminism of the past, which is passe and has plenty of hypocritical crap of it's own. Most of the "feminist" who are her supporters also have husbands who pretty much bend over backwards to provide for the "independent" woman they married. These are the choice feminists who wore huge padded shoulder blazers when they were working their way to the top. Some them may have actually worked. These voters don't see Bill as doing anything other than what a proper husband should do for his wife.

Second, is Obama really a representative of the majority of the black population of this country? We know what W's claim to fame was. When it comes to politicritters, it's not who they actually are, it's the image they can sell. Hilary sells her -naughty word- like Obama sold his color and she married it when W was born of it. She's just like her predecessors, just with a slightly different spin.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2016, 04:15:21 PM »

Second, is Obama really a representative of the majority of the black population of this country?

Yes to the effect he wants to place blame on anyone other than himself.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2016, 04:16:45 PM »
Yes to the effect he wants to place blame on anyone other than himself.

Well, other than that and liking his lady with a big booty...