Author Topic: jose guerenas kinfolk arrested  (Read 2213 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
jose guerenas kinfolk arrested
« on: March 17, 2012, 04:49:40 PM »
http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/arrested-in-drug-case-connected-to-man-killed-in-swat/article_40a58e56-7015-5e8d-9feb-340647b33121.html

Three people connected to Jose Guerena, the man shot and killed during a SWAT raid in May 2011, were arrested on drug and money-laundering charges Thursday morning.

Pauline Guerena, her father, Jose Celaya, and sister Denise Ruiz face charges of illegal control of enterprise, marijuana possession for sale and money laundering, according to Pima County jail records.

Pauline Guerena, 31, is married to Jose Guerena's older brother Alejandro. She is facing an additional charge of fraudulent schemes and artifice.

The three were arrested at the corner of South Camino Verde and West Oklahoma Street as they were leaving their home in the 6200 block of West Oklahoma Street, said Deputy Dawn Barkman, a Pima County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman.

Deputies found more than $30,000 in the two vehicles they were in, she said.

They were booked into the Pima County jail. Bond was set at $25,000 for Pauline Guerena and Ruiz and $50,000 for Celaya.

Deputies executed a search warrant on the home on Oklahoma Street owned by Celaya.

Jose Guerena, 26, was shot on May 5 by members of the Pima County Regional SWAT team who were serving a search warrant as part of a drug-trafficking investigation in the 7100 block of South Redwater Drive.

The SWAT team raided three other houses that day, including two owned by Celaya, in search of items used for drug trafficking and home invasions.

Nearly $100,000 in cash, 30 cellphones, an AK-47 rifle, other guns, ammunition, bulletproof vests, lists with names and dollar amounts, a stolen vehicle and marijuana were seized from Celaya's homes during the May raid, according to Star archives.

is there anymore on the families lawsuit? or the raid?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Regolith

• friend
Re: jose guerenas kinfolk arrested
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 08:25:44 PM »
Didn't know we were bringing back guilt by association.  ;/
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 08:32:06 PM »
bringing it back? where did it go?

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/40042821?uid=3739936&uid=2129&uid=2&uid=70&uid=4&uid=3739256&sid=55907678383

we'll likely never know since once you are dead they stop looking at you
but the crux of this case was the involvement of these folks in an ongoing criminal enterprise.
it was said that there was no enterprise
this development would seem to indicate that there was something going on. and i would suspect more to come  the women will squeal and likely the men too
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 08:37:07 PM »
Even if his kinfolk are dirtier than a hog in mud, it does not constitute proof that Jose Guerena had anything to do with it. And so far I have not heard that they found anything worth a damn that linked him to any illegal activities. So basically, this is a red herring, and proves nothing beyond that he had some shitty relatives.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 11:08:10 PM »
Even if his kinfolk are dirtier than a hog in mud, it does not constitute proof that Jose Guerena had anything to do with it. And so far I have not heard that they found anything worth a damn that linked him to any illegal activities. So basically, this is a red herring, and proves nothing beyond that he had some *expletive deleted*ty relatives.

Quoted for truth.

One of my cousins is a strong supporter of Santorum, I guess that means I support imposing my veiws on others.

My sister is a raging lunatic that leaves destruction in her wake, I guess that means I make my neighbors lives unbearable.

My paternal grandfather ran afoul of the red scare in the 1950s, I guess that means I'm a communist.

Oh, look!  I found a picture of C&SD online!

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 05:44:34 AM »
Didn't know we were bringing back guilt by association.  ;/

+80.

C&SD, I'm getting to think that you are in fact trolling on this issue. ;/

Guerena - the one wrongfully shot dead in that comedy-of-errors committed by the SWATties in AZ back last May, that is - may have been dirty. *IT DIDN'T MATTER THEN, AND IT DOESN'T MATTER NOW*. Johnny Law screwed that one up from the get-go, and unnecessarily shot and killed a man who may in fact have been innocent. As you said, the man's dead now, so the cops pretty much don't care anymore. Guilty, innocent - either way, the proper way to handle the incident was NOT the way it went down; they should have sent a couple of guys in a squad car to serve a freaking warrant, rather than an incompetent group of boys-with-toys to mill around outside the door they just smashed in with no warning, just ASKING to get shot. Every single one of those SWATties owes their continued existence to the fact that Guerena CHOSE NOT TO SHOOT THEM AS THEY STOOD THERE OUTSIDE THE SMASHED-IN DOOR - which restraint they rewarded by spraying a hail of unaimed rifle and pistol fire across half the neighborhood. [ar15]

For you to bring up the apparent guilt of the dead man's family as if it had anything to do with, well, *ANYTHING* is AT BEST pointless. :facepalm:

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 08:41:11 AM »
All in the family.

Guilt by association.

Birds of a feather flock together.

It is a valid observation.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 09:31:23 AM »
All in the family.

Guilt by association.

Birds of a feather flock together.

It is a valid observation.

It is valid to observe that there's a pretty good probability he was involved.  Looks like a fair amount of circumstantial evidence.  Last time I checked we don't execute people because we think there's a pretty good chance they're crooks.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 10:06:34 AM »

One of my cousins is a strong supporter of Santorum, I guess that means I support imposing my veiws on others.

My sister is a raging lunatic that leaves destruction in her wake, I guess that means I make my neighbors lives unbearable.

My paternal grandfather ran afoul of the red scare in the 1950s, I guess that means I'm a communist.

It is refreshing to see one of the members coming clean about himself.

Sure saves us the time and effort, doesn't it?

[/sarcasm, for those that did not detect it immediately]

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 12:07:26 PM »
CS&D would never troll the board..... ;/

This one isnt' going anywhere, fast.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”