Author Topic: How much is a couple year old g3 powerbook worth?  (Read 974 times)

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
How much is a couple year old g3 powerbook worth?
« on: December 05, 2005, 09:30:42 AM »
This girl want's to sell me a laptop, couple years old, either a g3 or a g4, for $250. If it's a g4 I'm definitely going to buy it, cause I'm running an ancient g3 at home.

I'm betting, though, that it's something like this:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook_g3/stats/powerbook_g3_500_fw.html

Which is far inferior to what I'm running at home...

However I might be able to resell it at a gain?

What do you guys think?
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

erik the bold

• friend
  • Bite my shiney metal....
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 10:14:18 AM »
Depends on the processor speed.

$50-500 on fleabay
"Belief" is the acceptance of a hypothesis in the absence of data.
"Prejudice" is having an opinion not supported by the preponderance of the data.
"Knowledge" is only found through the accumulation and analysis of data.
The plural of anecdote is not "data"

NOTICE: Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 11:26:26 AM »
I'm not a subject matter expert.  But selling used computers, esp a couple years old, doesn't strike me as a good business.  You might get lucky on Ebay.  But why would someone spend money for a used, "out of date", possibly virus infected or otherwise defective laptop when they could can buy a brand new one from Dell or someone for a few hundred bucks more?

Not trying to cut you down, just playing Devil's Advocate.  Unless you have a specific need for it or a solid plan to sell it I'd steer clear of it.