Author Topic: TEA Party losses  (Read 20222 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: TEA Party losses
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2014, 09:46:06 AM »
Texas is only part of the country, don't forget about the New England Republicans.

Maybe the northeastern TEA Party candidates can get an endorsement from NorAID and do alright?

"Hi, my name is Peter King, and I approved this message."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2014, 10:04:55 AM »
Hmmm, what to make of this then:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/05/27/316525123/oldest-serving-member-of-the-house-loses-to-tea-party-opponent

Heh...

Ostensibly he switched parties because "The Democratic Party left him..." a-la Zell Miller (who didn't actually switch), but forgive me for wondering if that it's more a finger in the wind kind of thing, and he saw the electoral trends for his state.

And CBS had done a bunch of bits propping up the guy, how long he'd served etc. I'm immediately suspicious of any "conservative" for whom the MSM is willing to stoop and give the "aw shucks"-folksy down home Norman Rockwell-esque warm & fuzzy news treatment to.  :-X
I promise not to duck.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2014, 08:32:17 AM »
The pig castrator won in Iowa last night. They are saying she was successful at combining Tea Party and Republican Establishment Appeal.

I predict she gets her ass handed to her at the general election.

Smear campaign has already started by the left http://www.rightwingjoni.com/
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 08:36:26 AM by charby »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2014, 08:46:42 AM »

That's some pretty weak tea.   I'm surprised they put up the "Missed 100 votes in the senate"  Given that "I'm voted present" Obama is sitting in the White House.

"Iowa ranks 37th in funding  per pupil" ?!?!?  What's the test scores and graduation rates?  Those, to me, would be a better indicator of performance not "We threw more money at schools and teachers then anyone except Illinois and look what that got them."

I predict she'll be your next Senator. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2014, 09:22:34 AM »
That's some pretty weak tea.   I'm surprised they put up the "Missed 100 votes in the senate"  Given that "I'm voted present" Obama is sitting in the White House.

"Iowa ranks 37th in funding  per pupil" ?!?!?  What's the test scores and graduation rates?  Those, to me, would be a better indicator of performance not "We threw more money at schools and teachers then anyone except Illinois and look what that got them."

Iowa Tea Party folks are pissed she won, said the Establishment paid for it. I guess Sam Clovis was their man.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2014, 09:24:32 AM »

Nope the Democrats will be out in voting force, Brailey will win. The more populated areas of Iowa are very Democrat, only time GOP candidates win is when the D is a turd in those areas.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2014, 11:16:14 AM »

Do you think that if her primary opponent had defeated her, the Democrats would not have started a smear campaign just as fast?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2014, 11:18:47 AM »
Do you think that if her primary opponent had defeated her, the Democrats would not have started a smear campaign just as fast?

They probably had preloaded smear campaign for all of the folks who were running in the primary. I think there was 6 people on the ballot.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »
Isn't it the duty of all Iowa Republicans to enthusiastically vote for her despite her not being the establishment pick?

Isn't that the way it works?

When libertarian/conservatives have statist establishment picks foisted upon us we are browbeat into voting for them, for the good of the country/party of course. To hell with your principles correct? It's all about getting the power at all costs.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2014, 11:34:12 AM »
Isn't it the duty of all Iowa Republicans to enthusiastically vote for her despite her not being the establishment pick?

When libertarian/conservatives have statist establishment picks foisted upon us we are browbeat into voting for them, for the good of the country/party of course. To hell with your principles correct? It's all about getting the power at all costs.

"BOOM!"
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2014, 12:23:27 PM »
A bit of a drift...

It surprises me that Iowa elected and reelected both Harkin and Grassley.  Same electorate, two very different Senators.  I must reflect on this...
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2014, 12:48:47 PM »
Given Obamacare and the various scandals, the R's and quite a few I's are motivated to vote for more Right/libertarian candidates.  The D's not so much since Obama is not running.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2014, 12:54:59 AM »

This right here.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2014, 10:35:25 AM »

I think she was the establishment's pick.

I didn't vote for her, I voted for another guy because I felt he would make a better Senator than the rest of the ticket. http://www.mattwhitaker.org/

Uranus is a gas giant.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2014, 10:41:07 PM »
Eric Cantor: RINO, Establishment "R" gets taken off at the knees by a Tea Party candidate.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2014, 11:41:17 PM »
Has a sitting House majority leader ever been primaried out before?

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2014, 11:53:46 PM »
I can't wait to hear MSNBC claim the voters were intimidated by the Las Vegas killings.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2014, 12:18:24 AM »
Eric Cantor: RINO, Establishment "R" gets taken off at the knees by a Tea Party candidate.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

I think he would have lost to just about anyone who ran against him.

Uranus is a gas giant.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2014, 12:42:00 AM »
Oh, the butthurt that is going on because Cantor got creamed.  The pundits are dreaming up all sorts of reasons.  The people in his district say, though, they dumped him because he didn't represent them and he and his staff are arrogant a******s.

It's amusing to read how the Tea Party are a bunch of extremists, when the true extremists are the Democrat Party and the RINO's.  Ruling by fiat and in spite of what the Constitution says, is extreme in my view.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2014, 01:13:56 AM »
It's amusing to read how the Tea Party are a bunch of extremists, when the true extremists are the Democrat Party and the RINO's.  Ruling by fiat and in spite of what the Constitution says, is extreme in my view.

Not that amusing, really. Extremism of the darkest and bloodiest kind became a central plank of the Dem. party decades ago.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2014, 10:57:26 AM »
Mickey Kaus was a media booster of center-left Democrat politics from back before Clinton was elected POTUS.  He is definitely not of the right, but is much more concerned about working and middle class folks than Dem or GOP leadership seems to be.

Anyways, he posits a "bottom-up" bipartisanship of the working & middle classes instead of the "top-down" DC/NY/LA sort we have with Dem & GOP leadership, the MSM, and the financial sector.

He sees the Cantor upset and Brat as a sign that such a thing is possible.  He wrote the following before Cantor lost yesterday
http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/10/the-benefits-of-beating-cantor/
Bottom-Up Bipartisanship? Yesterday Dave Brat, the conservative economics professor who is challenging Majority Leader Eric Cantor in today’s primary, sent out what I assume will be his final pitch to voters. Here’s a sample:

“The entire amnesty and low-wage agenda collapses if Cantor loses — all the billions of special interests dollars, all the favors, all the insider dealing — all of it is stopped in its tracks tomorrow if the patriotic working families of Virginia send Eric Cantor back home tomorrow.

Tomorrow, the middle class has its chance to fight back.

Tomorrow, the people of Virginia can show up to the polls and defeat the entire crony corporate lobby.

Tomorrow, we can restore our borders, rebuild our communities, and revitalize our middle class.”

Notes: 1) This is a pitch — against a “low wage agenda” and “crony corporate lobby” — that can appeal to Democrats as well as Republicans. Maybe partisanship will eventually be transcended, not at the top, with David Brooks, Gloria Borger and Jon Huntsman imposing a Beltway consensus they hammer out at an Atlantic panel, but at the bottom, where less sleek figures like Brat, Phyllis Schlafly and Jeff Sessions, can make common cause with Democratic workers who’ve gotten the short end of previous top-down triumphs such as global trade and Reagan’s 1986 amnesty, as well as of ineluctable technological trends like automation. 2) Perhaps not coincidentally, Democrats can vote in the Cantor vs. Brat primary. …

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2014, 11:26:15 AM »
A bit of a drift...

It surprises me that Iowa elected and reelected both Harkin and Grassley.  Same electorate, two very different Senators.  I must reflect on this...

We have Ron Johnson and Tammy Baldwin- you couldn't pick any two members of the Senate which are further apart politically or philosophically- both were elected in back to back elections.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2014, 01:27:23 PM »

Not that amusing, really. Extremism of the darkest and bloodiest kind became a central plank of the Dem. party decades ago.

I bet hard core Democrats also deny that they are also extremists.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2014, 07:32:55 PM »
Thad Cochrane, ostensibly conservative candidate, is being funded by Bloomberg.

http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2014/06/latest-filing-for-cochran-pac.html

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2014, 10:01:55 PM »
Thad Cochrane, ostensibly conservative candidate, is being funded by Bloomberg.

http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2014/06/latest-filing-for-cochran-pac.html

In a recent interview Cochran shows he wasn't even aware that Eric Cantor lost his seat!

INTERVIEWER: What happened in Virginia the other day, does that concern you for your chances here in this run-off?

COCHRAN: I don't know what you're talking about. What happened in Virginia?

INTERVIEWER: With Eric Cantor losing his seat.

COCHRAN: Well, I haven't followed that campaign very closely at all.

INTERVIEWER: Really?

Later, the interviewer says, "Well, Eric Cantor lost his seat as the Majority Leader." To which Cochran replies, "Well, it happens. Some win, some lose."

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/06/13/thad-cochran-apparently-didnt-know-that-eric-cantor-lost/?wpisrc=nl_fix
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.