Author Topic: Obama throws like a girl...  (Read 7272 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Obama throws like a girl...
« on: July 15, 2009, 10:20:03 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Obama-reps-Chicago-s-South-Side-delivers-first-?urn=mlb,176561

Watch the video.

The palmy-thrust up into the air, like he's not sure if he's shotputting or pitching, the high arc, and it still didn't quite make it over the plate.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Obama throws like a girl...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 10:29:19 AM »
Check out the facial expressions on the guy driving the golf cart - especially when Obama shakes his hand.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 10:30:52 AM »
Interesting to hear the rather subdued cheering and one could hear the boos.

Wouldn't it be fantastic to have a conservative latina throwing smoke as president?  'Specially in a short skirt and heels? (Oooops, where's my delete button, aaaaargghhh I hit enter............... =D :angel:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 11:16:13 AM »
Yeah, he does......I can throw better than that right handed, or left handed for that matter, I am ambidextrous.......chris3

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 11:17:21 AM »
He's left handed too? How symbolic....
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 11:21:22 AM »
I'm surprised that he didn't throw better.  Considering his need to control his image, I figured that Obama would have had an expert pitching coach brought in to show the Annointed One how to throw.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 11:29:46 AM »
Obama is a reasonably good basketball player, so we know he has some basic athletic ability.  Seems kinda weird that he can't figure out how to throw a baseball.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 11:56:27 AM »
I'm surprised that he didn't throw better.  Considering his need to control his image, I figured that Obama would have had an expert pitching coach brought in to show the Annointed One how to throw.
He did.

You should've seen the "before" pitches . . .  :O

=D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 12:26:37 PM »
Wouldn't it be fantastic to have a conservative latina throwing smoke as president?  'Specially in a short skirt and heels? (Oooops, where's my delete button, aaaaargghhh I hit enter............... =D :angel:

It certainly would.

He did.

You should've seen the "before" pitches . . .  :O

Are you joking or do you know something we don't?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 12:29:07 PM »
I'll remind everyone that the general prohibition against pejorative, smarmy, or otherwise cutsie little nicknames in reference to politicians is STILL in effect at APS.

Any further references to Obama as anything other than Obama or the President will be summarily deleted.

We're (supposedly) adults here, not 4th graders on an elementary school playground.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 12:38:40 PM by Mike Irwin »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 12:36:39 PM »

Any further references to Obama as either Obama or the President will be summarily deleted.
You mean "other than", right?  :laugh:

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 12:37:25 PM »
Seems kinda weird that he can't figure out how to throw a baseball.

You know the saying, "As American as baseball and apple pie."
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he tended to shun both.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 12:38:54 PM »
You mean "other than", right?  :laugh:

Yes, dammit.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 12:40:01 PM »

What the...?

Is that a cute, but obilque, way of saying that Obama is anti-American at the core?

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 12:47:04 PM »

How the hell would that make him less of an American? Baseball is boring as hell to watch and takes considerable skill, luck, and practice to play effectively. Why should one play it if one doesn't enjoy it? Apple pie is awesome but I could certainly understand someone with an aversion to sweets abstaining from it.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 12:52:32 PM by freedom lover »

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 12:49:01 PM »
I shun 'em too.  :laugh:

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 12:54:03 PM »
Oh! My bad. I was trying to follow this rule...
Any further references to Obama as either Obama or the President will be summarily deleted.
...not the updated one.

Apologies. Carry on.  =)
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2009, 01:19:06 PM »
This reminds me of that funny Bud Light commercial  http://thefuntimesguide.com/2005/04/throwfirstpitch.php
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 01:24:43 PM »
I prefer chocolate pies myself. And hockey is way better than baseball.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 02:40:53 PM »
Yep, I suspect he has no affinity for either baseball or apple pie.

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzFmMjkyZGM4MzllNjczYTc1MDRmNDNhNDdkYWJmMWY=

Meet Me in St. Booie!   [Andy McCarthy]

Though it's not a widely appreciated fact, we right-winger sports nuts have long known that the sports press is among the media's leftiest precincts. So I suppose we shouldn't be surprised at how little was said (as in nothing at all) about the reception President Obama received last night when he came out on the field to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the baseball all-star game in St. Louis. It was a packed house (over 50,000 in attendance), and the jeers were easily discernible.

Don't get me wrong: There was more cheering than booing. But that's to be expected: It was a festive national occasion, and most of us who disagree intensely with Obama's policies would be more apt to stand and cheer our president respectfully. That's what made the booing all the more noticeable to anyone — other than a sports journalist — who heard it.

The media fawning really is so shameless it's become self-parody. Take ESPN, for example.

Put aside the unacknowledged booing for a moment. The other embarrassing fact is that my six-year-old throws a baseball better (far better, in fact) than Obama. Yet the media went out of its way to obscure that, too — no doubt wishing to avoid unfavorable comparisons to the strike President Bush famously fired from the mound at Yankee Stadium at the 2001 World Series. In its live broadcast, Fox (and remember, this is Fox Sports, not Fox News) covered Obama's first pitch at a very weird angle that conveyed his spastic motion but didn't do justice to how pathetic the toss was. But that's nothing compared to ESPN's laughable coverage. Here's the clip. Besides reporting only that there was a "standing ovation for the commander-in-chief," the announcer made a point of noting that Obama's pitch "didn't bounce" before reaching home-plate (though the announcer did cop to the "horrible camera work that made the trajectory of the pitch impossible to see).

Now, take a look at this clip from MLB.com, about 24 seconds in. It's the only decent footage I've seen, and it shows that Obama's first pitch did bounce. In fact, the pitch did not even reach home-plate — and they evidently knew it wouldn't. The player who was sent out to catch Obama's pitch (more on that in a moment) was crouching on top of home plate, not behind it where catchers always set up. And even so, he had to reach out a couple of feet in order to short-hop the ball, which otherwise might have bounced all the way to the backstop.

Now, about that player who caught Obama's pitch: It was none other than the Cardinals' great first-baseman, Albert Pujols. What does that matter? Well, the tradition is that the first pitch is tossed to the catcher, not the first-baseman — and, in fact, the starting catcher for the National League last night was the Cardinals' own Yadier Molina. But while Molina is popular, Pujols is like God in St. Louis (in fact, a fan in the stands either last night or the night before was holding a banner that said, "In Albert We Trust").

I think Obama's people knew he would get a very mixed reaction last night. His entrance was shrewdly orchestrated. The cheers and boos started as soon as he came onto the field, but he was steered immediately over to shake hands with Stan Musial — the most beloved player in the history of the Cardinals. No true St. Louis fan would boo Satan if he was shaking hands with Stan the Man. The president then went straight to the mound, where today's Stan the Man, the great Pujols, took good care of him — quickly embracing Obama right after making sure his heave looked borderline respectable . . . with a little help from the cameras. Finally, Obama moved was ushered quickly over to the third-base line, where Cardinal legends Bob Gibson, Ozzie Smith, and Lou Brock (among others) were there to share warm-handshakes.

In the box score, as reported by the Obamedia/Sports Division, it will read like a standing-O for The One as he hurled a bull's-eye before strutting off to warm waves of adulation. If you were watching, though, Obama looked like the guy who bowled a 37.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Iain

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 02:56:32 PM »
But he can swat a fly rather well.

That didn't deserve media coverage though. In fact it was disgusting how much attention was paid to such a trivial thing.

This is different though.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 02:58:28 PM »
Throwing a ball to me is natural as my brother and I played T-ball and little league baseball and grew up throwing baseballs and footballs around.  However, I can certainly understand someone who never played those sports not having good throwing form.  IMO, it is a basic skill all kids should learn.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

crt360

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 04:04:08 PM »
At least he threw from the rubber.  I recall a previous president (who owned a ML team) tossing it from the edge of the grass.   =)

Even Troy Aikman one-hopped the opening pitch at a game the other day.
For entertainment purposes only.

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 04:08:34 PM »
Well, if you're gonna go that route, consider the age, too.
D. R. ZINN

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 04:21:29 PM »
It is 60' 6" from the mound to home plate.

If I was the president, my pitch would have made it past home plate, might have not been in the strike zone but it would have crossed the plate.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536