Author Topic: Tell me what you think and I'll tell you who said it.  (Read 3650 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Tell me what you think and I'll tell you who said it.
« on: February 24, 2009, 10:19:46 PM »
1.No bailout for anything.

2.Give every USA family $55,000 dollars; this is equivalent to 800 billion.

3.Make depreciation of capitol equipment 12 months instead of 60 months.

4.Make leasehold improvements to be depreciated over 5 years instead of 15.

5.Eliminate lawyer's ability to sue for medical errors. (make people who undergo surgery sign a no sue contract that acknowledges risk with being cut open)

6.This will reduce the cost of health care by 75% and thus reduce insurance costs.

7.Eliminate guaranteed retirement income and life health care for government and state employees who retire after 30 years, we don't get it why should they.

8.Tax credits for every new job you can prove that is created and lasts at least 1 year.

9.Make unions and organized labor competitive.

10.Eliminate minimum wage to bring un-skilled manufacturing jobs back to America.

11. 35% reduction in every government office, group, agency in the entire country, straight line cut of their entire budget!

Quit telling everybody they deserve homes, cars, medicine, as many kids as they want without penalty, and no accountability. This creates false expectations.

Make America accountable, let the businesses fail that must fail. Let free enterprise prevail. Free enterprise and free market is far more efficient and far more effective then government.

I disagree with #2.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: Tell me what you think and I'll tell you who said it.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 10:22:50 PM »
Who is "Mancow"?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 10:31:39 PM »
I don't know who said it, but if you got that in an e-mail, it's probably mis-attributed. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 10:34:03 PM »
Well that didn't take long.  

I never cared for him when he was on the Heavy Metal/Pop/Hip Hop/Alternative rock station here in Chicago.  (When I worked at the trucking company we worked out a deal on the dock.  One day the radio was tuned to Classical Music, then next was Country and Western, and the third was the above station with Mancow..... I wore earplugs that day.)  

He's on WLS-AM after Don and Roma and before Rush.  Sometimes he makes some sense....other times he doesn't.

Like I said, other then #2 I agree with everything else.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 12:07:29 AM »
Five's contract is unconscionable (in the legal sense), and enforcement of it is unconstitutional.  Tightening up the definition of malpractice and instituting "loser pays" for malpractice suits isn't such a bad idea.

Six is simply a lie.  Reducing the unfunded mandates of medicare and medicaid will bring down costs.  Malpractice insurance does not constitute three times the cost of medical procedures.

Three demonstrates a lack of understanding of accounting.

Eleven is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard.  35% reduction in DoD?  How about the CIA?  Clinton didn't come close to that kind of devastation.  Eliminate the IRS with a flat tax? Sure!  Slice the NSA into tiny pieces?  Ehh, no.

Jimmy Dean

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 01:08:01 AM »
You could fix 5 by making the court system a loser pay's system.  That will drop friv. suits in a hurry when private citizens are having to pay court costs and lawyer fees for a major corps $50,000 an hour lawyer.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 02:08:46 AM »
6.This will reduce the cost of health care by 75% and thus reduce insurance costs.

Blatantly inaccurate.  Even if you could give doctors a guarantee they could NEVER be sued, you'd be looking at a 15-20 percent decrease in cost.  Even that is a high guess... I'd put my money on about 8% decrease in cost.

Bleh.

What does that mean?

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 11:01:43 AM »
Stop printing fake money, I'd rather the fed keep it to start paying down that national debt. No bailouts for any industry, but if that HAVE to hand out money to someone it should be taxpayers not companies that f'ed themselves in the A.

5.Eliminate lawyer's ability to sue for medical errors. (make people who undergo surgery sign a no sue contract that acknowledges risk with being cut open)

Inaccurate statement, and no I dont agree with it. Yea I think docs get sued way more than nessicary but I dont want to make them untouchable by lawsuits this is way to far of a shift from sue them all, any chance you get to you can never sue them again even if they inject you with heroin for funsies. (Obvious exaggeration)

7.Eliminate guaranteed retirement income and life health care for government and state employees who retire after 30 years, we don't get it why should they.
Don't you have a pension at your job? This needs to be overhauled but not done away with.

How?

10.Eliminate minimum wage to bring un-skilled manufacturing jobs back to America.
Dumb move. Maybe lower it but dont get rid of it.

11. 35% reduction in every government office, group, agency in the entire country, straight line cut of their entire budget!
I wouldn't slash the budget law enforcement, fire department, and city EMS by any means. That just putting peoples lives at risk. I am sure their are gov agencies that could use more than a 35% budget cut can we start with the ATF.  :laugh:

iiibdsiil

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 11:19:37 AM »
You could fix 5 by making the court system a loser pay's system.  That will drop friv. suits in a hurry when private citizens are having to pay court costs and lawyer fees for a major corps $50,000 an hour lawyer.

Problem is people are still winning ridiculous amounts for garbage claims. The loser is already paying.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 01:02:22 PM »

Why? becasue it was part of the employment contract both parties agreed to. Being that military are government employees this would do away with military retiirement as well.

Come tell me that after you or a loved one has been on the receiving end of medical malpractice, though in her case it wasn't the surgeon it was the hospital care (rather the lack thereof) afterwards.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 05:28:01 PM »
I have met Mancow on the paintball field with William Shatner at my side
and i can tell you with certainty, Mancow has no honor.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 06:26:13 PM »
Hmm... for #2 to work, there would have to be 20 people in each family:

800,000,000,000/300,000,000= 2,667

55,000/2,667= 20.6 people per family.

Hmmmm.... someone need to work on their math a little....
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 07:12:54 PM »
Think about all the doc's who've amputated the wrong limb. Then think about wanting to utterly ban malpractice suits.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 11:16:43 PM »
Banning medical malpractice lawsuits.....bad idea.....

Making it legal to sue the government and individual representatives for malpractice...good idea....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.