Author Topic: Ted Nugent thinks the DEA and ATF are heroes  (Read 2269 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Ted Nugent thinks the DEA and ATF are heroes
« on: March 21, 2014, 03:11:45 AM »
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/feb/27/ted-nugent/ted-nugent-cnn-i-conduct-federal-raids-dea-and-atf/
Yes, it is a liberal source and they are undoubtedly engaging in selective scrutiny. But he did in fact say it.

Of course, all that pales in relation to the fact that he basically bought an underage girl to have sex with, but still...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Re: Ted Nugent thinks the DEA and ATF are heroes
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 05:50:33 AM »
Ted Nugent thinks the DEA and ATF are heroes 

Ted Nugent is an idiot
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 08:02:11 AM »
Ted Nugent is an idiot

Who's the bigger idiot? Ted Nugent? Or the politicos who continue to associate with him? I guess the money is too good for folks to turn him down.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Re: Ted Nugent thinks the DEA and ATF are heroes
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 08:09:30 AM »
Ted Nugent is an idiot
Rather milder than I'd put it.

Sent via tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 09:24:51 AM »
As I remember, Ted is quite anti-drug. I wonder if he arrived at his standpoint through emotional overreaction.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 10:17:31 AM »
As I remember, Ted is quite anti-drug. I wonder if he arrived at his standpoint through emotional overreaction.

The "reformed alcoholic" syndrome   =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 10:40:07 AM »
Ted Nugent is an entertainer.  Just like Sean Penn and a lot of the others we like to bash for their political views.  And, as we often say, just because they are in the entertainment industry doesn't make their opinions on political issues worth a damn, it just means that they get broader reporting for what they say than the average person.  In other words, ignore their political ramblings and move along.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 10:54:46 AM »
IIRC, TN was never into drugs.  Not sure about alcohol.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 11:05:06 AM »
IIRC, TN was never into drugs.

Then he was missing one of the holy trinity  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 11:20:56 AM »
TN was never into drugs, and didn't abuse alcohol.

People like to assume he was because he was a musician.

Why don't people like Ted, again?

As for the article, I think context is important
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re:
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 11:25:38 AM »
TN was never into drugs, and didn't abuse alcohol.

People like to assume he was because he was a musician.

As for the article, I think context is important

I've seen the full context, and the point stands.

I can't speak to why others don't like him, but me personally I find anyone who would become an underage girl's legal guardian just to sleep with her repugnant. Plenty of toher reasons, but that's the big one for me.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re:
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 11:32:56 AM »

I can't speak to why others don't like him, but me personally I find anyone who would become an underage girl's legal guardian just to sleep with her repugnant. Plenty of toher reasons, but that's the big one for me.

Sex: check

Rock 'n Roll: check

Drugs:    :angel:

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re:
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 11:58:31 AM »

Looks like TN (30YO vs 17YO) was following in the footsteps/slimetrail? of Elvis (32YO vs 14YO) and Jerry Lee Lewis (22YO vs 13YO).  And an awful lot of folks who had teenaged weddings or where the age of consent is mighty low.  If'n we are going to throw rocks at TN for such, there are many others in music and elsewhere who need some rock-age, too.

I must admit the whole "legal guardian" bit is creepifying.  If he had married her, a 17YO bride would be no big whoop.  TN's excratory draft dodging technique left much to be desired, too.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 12:03:19 PM »
That girl was only slightly younger than my wife when we met.

17 isn't egregious, imo. Guardianship is creepy, but its hardly the "kid fiddling" his detractors claim
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re:
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 12:36:53 PM »
Looks like TN (30YO vs 17YO) was following in the footsteps/slimetrail? of Elvis (32YO vs 14YO) and Jerry Lee Lewis (22YO vs 13YO).  And an awful lot of folks who had teenaged weddings or where the age of consent is mighty low.  If'n we are going to throw rocks at TN for such, there are many others in music and elsewhere who need some rock-age, too.

I must admit the whole "legal guardian" bit is creepifying.  If he had married her, a 17YO bride would be no big whoop.  TN's excratory draft dodging technique left much to be desired, too.

If Elvis or JLL were alive and started claiming to represent a group of which I am a part I would start excoriating them.

I actually think more people should marry young, and adulthood should start at 16. But he essentially bought that girl, and that's fcked up.

Draft dodging thing don't make me happy either.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Re:
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 02:02:26 PM »
That girl was only slightly younger than my wife when we met.

17 isn't egregious, imo. Guardianship is creepy, but its hardly the "kid fiddling" his detractors claim

It was the only way he could travel safely with her. And her folks were cool with it so in the spirit of "liberty" I have no trouble with it either.  My first wife and I met she was 14 looked and acted 21. I was 35 and dated a 19 year old with her folks blessing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 05:53:43 PM »
Past perceived transgressions aside, he's a loudmouth tool, who is anti freedom in many respects. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re:
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 06:09:04 PM »

Have you really not heard the offensive, or way-too-easily-misunderstood, stuff he manages to say on a fairly regular basis?

He may be, like Todd Aiken, far less offensive than the opposition, but a level playing field we do not have. We can't afford people like him.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 10:07:18 PM »
Have you really not heard the offensive, or way-too-easily-misunderstood, stuff he manages to say on a fairly regular basis?

He may be, like Todd Aiken, far less offensive than the opposition, but a level playing field we do not have. We can't afford people like him.

Admittedly, I don't pay a lot of attention to him beyond his music
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2014, 01:03:21 AM »
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/feb/27/ted-nugent/ted-nugent-cnn-i-conduct-federal-raids-dea-and-atf/
Of course, all that pales in relation to the fact that he basically bought an underage girl to have sex with, but still...

how much were they charging for 17 year old "underage" girls back then?
are they still on the market today?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2014, 01:08:41 AM »
You can get em free in quantity if you are flds

Edited for auto correct

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2014, 01:13:38 AM »
Is Quan5 a sector of the galaxy you're from?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2014, 04:24:58 AM »
when I was 15 I left home, @ 16 I had an apt, @ 17 I was in boot camp. ...
17 is freaking old enough to kill people for uncle sam, it's old enough to decide "whatever"...

Insert Quote
You can get em free in quantity if you are flds
Or if you're a progressive prison state adherent you think you can control human behavior with cops kicking in your doors and windows.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."