Author Topic: Tell me again why Hillary isn't in prison  (Read 6957 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Tell me again why Hillary isn't in prison
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2016, 08:10:40 AM »
so, he's posting like democrats vote....

When the hell did Hawk die?!?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2016, 08:13:45 AM »
Both of the Obama's "voluntarily" surrendered their law licenses many, many years ago.  Our resident tile crawlers can explain the possible meanings behind that action....

Proof that "lawyer" is not the ultimate form.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: Tell me again why HRC isn't in prison
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2016, 04:20:24 PM »
http://observer.com/2016/09/exclusive-hillary-clinton-campaign-systematically-overcharging-poorest-donors/

Now it is being reported that Hillary's campaign is systematically overcharging small (poor) donors. And that she did the same thing eight years ago, when she was running against Obama.

It seems there is nothing too sleazy for the Clinton's to involve themselves in.
I could call her campaign "deplorable"...but it is not sufficient. Repugnant, repellant & repulsive are not unsuitable here. "Evil" does seem to fit, but it's still lacking.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2016, 04:34:03 PM »
I could call her campaign "deplorable"...but it is not sufficient. Repugnant, repellant & repulsive are not unsuitable here. "Evil" does seem to fit, but it's still lacking.

Cthulhu like?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2016, 05:11:13 PM »
Cthulhu like?

Don't talk about Cthulu like that. Cthulu doesn't lie.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2016, 05:26:25 PM »
"Evil" does seem to fit, but it's still lacking.

Evil, but also imbecilic in the transparency of the lies and disturbing in the apathy required to not hire a better coverup manager.  Evimbathetic seems to be getting closer.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2016, 07:38:35 PM »
Evil, but also imbecilic in the transparency of the lies and disturbing in the apathy required to not hire a better coverup manager.  Evimbathetic seems to be getting closer.

Is that a REAL word? ???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2016, 09:19:59 PM »
Is that a REAL word? ???

well, DUH! It's on the internet so it has to be real.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2016, 02:13:47 PM »
One expects a certain amount of refunds - they're setting up for a relatively brief period of time, probably pulling in money/donations from multiple locations using volunteers.  Stuff gets misplaced.

Now, in order to determine the scope of the problem, I'd want to see how much a few Republicans like Bush had to refund, and how their refund rate (% of transactions and money reversed) compares to say, charities and commercial businesses like Walmart.

Knowing that having to refund money is a thing for nearly anybody taking money (including criminals when they're forced to pay restitution), the question becomes, was the amount reasonable?

Considering that in 2012 Obama broke $1B, a refund rate of less than 0.1% isn't something that I feel we can legitimately criticize him for.

And that's before you get into things like them deciding they don't want donations from 'politically negative' sources.

I would expect that political campaign refunds to be at or very, very close to zero.  You can't make a donation to political campaign, take it home and discover it doesn't fit, is the wrong color, or any of a myriad reasons people return stuff to retail stores (including finding receipts in the parking lot, going in and shoplifting the item(s), then "returning" it to get the cash."

They doing it intentionally to small (under$100) donors, then charging them again in small amounts in the hope they don't notice, while keeping it below $100 so it doesn't trigger bank fraud software.  I'm actually amazed that they would actually do something like that.   First, because of the sheer audacity of it, and second for figuring all that out.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2016, 05:20:01 PM »

Does sound Lovecraftian.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2016, 01:15:56 AM »
Does sound Lovecraftian.

Quote from: H. P. Lovecraft, The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath, in At The Mountains of Madness
Outside the ordered universe [is] that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth Hillary, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton