Author Topic: Another one bites the dust  (Read 769 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Another one bites the dust
« on: January 20, 2015, 12:14:37 AM »
Rand, it was nice to think you might have stood a chance at turning this country away from the brink, for a while.  Sadly, that time is long gone.  While I didn't much care for you lately, this slams the coffin lid closed on any presidential aspirations that I might, at one time, have supported.

http://time.com/3671819/sen-rand-paul-eric-garner-and-michael-brown-and-the-uneasy-coexistence-of-two-americas/

In case he needs a refresher, someone should send this to Rand.  Might clue him in a bit on why some demographic subsets seem to garner more attention from the police than others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igQDvYOt_iA

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Another one bites the dust
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 02:52:58 AM »
Paul posing with al sharpton was the moment for me. Though I had lil respect for him prior

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 11:10:36 PM »
I was especially disappointed with that part about the cop helping the starving family - how will those kids ever learn personal responsibility if people give them food when they're hungry?

Seriously folks, the guy wrote an article about being nice to people and not asking the police to use lethal force for bs crimes, like selling untaxed cigarettes.   I fail to see the problem.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 11:12:55 PM »
The sacred right of law enforcement to shoot people shall not be infringed, De Selby.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner