Author Topic: Obama Flunks Geography  (Read 2166 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Obama Flunks Geography
« on: May 17, 2008, 05:36:49 AM »
Regarding the statement:

Obama conceded that he has a steep challenge to get his message and background to voters in states such as Kentucky  where he trails Sen. Hillary Clinton by 27 points, according to a poll published earlier this week  and West Virginia, where voters chose Clinton over Obama by 40 points on Tuesday.

"What it says is that I'm not very well known in that part of the country," Obama said. "Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it's not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Obama's home state of Illinois BORDER Kentucky?!? And I believe there's a state in between Arkansas and Kentucky. I guess physical geography doesn't account, it's all about the social geography and we all know everyone from Kentucky and Arkansas sits around hugging their guns and bibles. Plus it's all that evil Fox News' fault anyways.  rolleyes

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/37388.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Obama Flunks Geography
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 07:39:57 AM »
 laugh  For his sake, I hope he can just keep his mouth shut until November.  Not that the media will ever talk about these gaffes.   rolleyes

"Those states in the middle."   rolleyes  What a maroon.  He should have just said fly-over country.  Where does he think Illinois IS, anyway?

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 08:09:03 AM »
Well, he also visited 57 states.  Maybe a few of those mystery states are in between IL and KY.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 09:03:08 AM »
Maybe a few of those mystery states are in between IL and KY.

Hohoq, popularly known as Ar, from John Hodgman's The Areas of My Expertise. Hohoq is a large flying state inhabited by a mix of bird people known as Thunderbirds and German-American settlers. It refuses to send a delegate to the United States Congress but provides the federal government with an annual tribute of bauxite.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_U.S._states
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 12:34:05 PM »
Shesh, and folks thought Dan Quayle was a lightweight...
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

johnster999

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 03:16:50 PM »
Obama: empty suit.

Nicest thing I can say about him.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 07:57:03 PM »
The sad thing is that most Americans won't know the difference.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 07:42:27 AM »
Having met Obama, this is not surprising.  He is a moron.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.