Author Topic: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting  (Read 25248 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting
« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2022, 04:56:06 PM »
Wearing sandals while I read that.

Hippie!!!!

=D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2022, 04:59:13 PM »
Hippie!!!!

=D

You need to come to one of our local forum shoots when it hot.
A few will be wearing flip fops  :rofl:
One guy wears flip fops even when there's snow on the ground. Yeah, he's weird
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2022, 05:27:36 PM »
Flip flops I can dig and wore a lot in CA. Kinda an East/West of the Rockies dichotomy. Other than I think Florida does Tshirts, board or cargo shorts, and flip flops the same as CA and HI do - at least the places in FL where I have hung out.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2022, 05:34:25 PM »
Wearing sandals while I read that.

But are you wearing socks with the sandals?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2022, 05:38:39 PM »
But are you wearing socks with the sandals?

Nope

I will confess I do around the house in the winter due to the fact house slippers don't work too well on my feet, L-size 11 R-size 10, and I need the straps to hold it on to secure it to my right foot properly. But I try not to go out of the house that way.  :P
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 06:12:43 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2022, 06:11:36 PM »
Meanwhile in Canada

TRUDEAU says he is putting forward legislation to put a national freeze on gun ownership. “What this means is that it will no longer be possible to buy, sell, transfer, or import handguns anywhere in Canada," he said.https://t.co/OKYTM6ZJBe

— Jacqui Heinrich (@JacquiHeinrich) May 30, 2022
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/05/30/canadian-prime-minister-justin-trudeau-putting-forward-a-national-freeze-on-gun-ownership/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #256 on: May 30, 2022, 06:18:11 PM »
This article says just hand guns
But also says
The government also is pledging to start buying back thousands of banned assault weapons before the end of the year.

Also all long gun magazines must be changed (do they mean exchanged?) to accept no more than 5 rounds

Government tables bill to cap handguns, pledges to buy back assault weapons
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/handguns-liberal-bill-1.6470554
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #257 on: May 30, 2022, 06:23:22 PM »
I'm sure the dems are taking notes
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #258 on: May 30, 2022, 07:59:22 PM »
This article says just hand guns
But also says
Also all long gun magazines must be changed (do they mean exchanged?) to accept no more than 5 rounds

Government tables bill to cap handguns, pledges to buy back assault weapons
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/handguns-liberal-bill-1.6470554

I'm sure it will be obeyed this time too.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #259 on: May 30, 2022, 08:09:17 PM »
Getting back to Uvalde, if there was aby doubt that the cops screwed the pooch, the Daily Mail has obtained the Texas official guidelines for active shooter response, and the cops on the scene did not follow them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10862911/Guidelines-Texas-PD-condemned-letting-school-shooter-rampage-revealed.html
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #260 on: May 30, 2022, 08:22:55 PM »
Here’s a man destroying his AR-15 with a hammer ‘as instructed by his local police’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/05/30/heres-a-man-destroying-his-ar-15-with-a-hammer-as-instructed-by-his-local-police/

Perfect meme at one of the twitter links
https://twitter.com/JeromehartlF/status/1531333131852300288/photo/1

Aww who’s a soy boy beta male *let's not go there*?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #261 on: May 30, 2022, 09:24:56 PM »
As has been said before, this is like cutting off your own penis to prevent rape.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #262 on: May 30, 2022, 09:47:14 PM »
Uvalde PD advertises that all of their officers as of 2018 have level 4 body armor.

https://www.facebook.com/uvaldepd/posts/pfbid0VpxjJK4eUGXWpKaA1WMFKJadR9KBtXNNQp7foUNvGbUfNPQgC4mcwyPb6kpf7xdcl

The Uvalde Police Department is pleased to announce that we have completed the process, and been awarded grant funds through the Office of the Governor to outfit EVERY Uvalde Police Officer with Level 4 body armor. This important piece of legislation provided funding to equip police officers with body armor rated to stop rifle rounds. In 2017, Senate Bill 12 was passed into law. The $23 million Rifle-Resistant Body Armor Grants were awarded to 453 jurisdictions around the state. Thanks goes out to those who supported Senate Bill 12 and everyone who supports those who work to keep us safe. #BlueLivesMatter 🚔
Photo: Uvalde Police Officers proudly wear their newly issued Level 4 body armor.

Uvalde PD proudly introduces their awesome and fearsome SWAT team, 2020.

🟥 Public Service Announcement🟥
The Uvalde Police Dept. S.W.A.T. will be visiting the Uvalde CISD schools, Uvalde Classical Academy,  and local businesses throughout the day. The purpose of the visits is to familiarize themselves with layouts of our local schools and businesses. S.W.A.T members will be in full tactical uniforms and we did not want the public to be alarmed when seen. We appreciate the cooperations of all schools and businesses involved. We will continue working together to make Uvalde the safest place to live.
Thank You #UvaldeSafe #CommunityRelations
City of Uvalde
KVOU Coyote Country
The Uvalde Leader-News
Uvalde Radio
Photo Credit: Badges Across America

*Uvalde Police Department limited who can comment on this post.

https://www.facebook.com/uvaldepd/posts/pfbid02NvGYKW3NrGSLbx8D5g8XQqJEFmaSi5rkst3nxGegSGMYVVDnH9EpLAMfudPk8ffLl

I don't "see" a shield in the SWAT image, but all said and done a shield is a fairly inexpensive tool to provide for a Special Weapons and Tactics squad, and a quite old one.  I expect the syllabus of their curriculum demonstrates they trained and qualified with one, and I'm sure there's a receipt for one somewhere in the accounts.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #263 on: May 30, 2022, 09:51:29 PM »
SWAT pic
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #264 on: May 30, 2022, 09:55:27 PM »
SWAT pic

Front row, third from left.

That's not an AR like the rest of the team. My money says that's a shotgun loaded with breaching rounds. And that officer isn't wearing his sidearm in a drop-leg holster like the other members of the team. He's the doorman -- his job is to blow the lock and get out of the way.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #265 on: May 30, 2022, 10:13:34 PM »
I was up in a hick AZ town, far in the White Mountains, called Alpine over the weekend.  I absolutely love this town.  Everyone is direct.  Open carry is everywhere.

One thing that jumped out at me in particular, given recent headlines, was the declaration at the Bear Wallow Cafe, of all places, that the Arizona State Militia provides the SWAT response to any needed situation, as duly arranged and coordinated with the local Sheriff.  The fire department is volunteer, too (unrelated to the AZ Militia thing).  I thought it was quite noteworthy that they referenced the AZ Militia as opposed to a county posse arrangement; Posse is quite popular in AZ as an adjunct to law enforcement and is used by many counties, including the most urban one: Maricopa county.

I thought that was rather unique.  AZ Militia is a real thing, it's not made up innernetz bravado or Stormfront baloney.

There is NO Alpine PD.  I didn't see any county Sheriff vehicles while I was up there.  I did see a couple of AZ DPS vehicles, but that was it.
--Lysander Spooner

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #266 on: May 31, 2022, 12:09:39 AM »
I was up in a hick AZ town, far in the White Mountains, called Alpine over the weekend.  I absolutely love this town.  Everyone is direct.  Open carry is everywhere.

One thing that jumped out at me in particular, given recent headlines, was the declaration at the Bear Wallow Cafe, of all places, that the Arizona State Militia provides the SWAT response to any needed situation, as duly arranged and coordinated with the local Sheriff.  The fire department is volunteer, too (unrelated to the AZ Militia thing).  I thought it was quite noteworthy that they referenced the AZ Militia as opposed to a county posse arrangement; Posse is quite popular in AZ as an adjunct to law enforcement and is used by many counties, including the most urban one: Maricopa county.

I thought that was rather unique.  AZ Militia is a real thing, it's not made up innernetz bravado or Stormfront baloney.

There is NO Alpine PD.  I didn't see any county Sheriff vehicles while I was up there.  I did see a couple of AZ DPS vehicles, but that was it.

The Arizona State Militia may be a real thing, but it's not the official Arizona militia. That's the Arizona State Guard -- which is inactive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_defense_force

https://www.azleg.gov/ars/26/00174.htm

Looks like the Arizona State Militia has stepped up to fill the gap left my the "official" state militia being inactive.

http://www.azstatemilitia.org/

Here's the web site of the official organization of state guards: https://sgaus.org/

Note: Not all states with official state guards belong to the association. My state doesn't, for example, even though we have an active state guard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #267 on: May 31, 2022, 07:55:21 AM »
So the report is basically that Daniel Defense does the same thing as pretty much every retailer in the country:

https://www.businessinsider.com/daniel-defense-guns-in-uvalde-buy-now-pay-later-2022-5

The "buy now and pay later scheme." Sure, only dastardly gun makers would use such a "scheme".

EDIT: Oh, interesting. I read this article last night and just saved the link to post today. I just now reread the article and it is significantly different this morning. "Scheme" and a bunch of other libelous stuff is missing in this morning's version.

Wayback happened to catch an earlier version:

https://web.archive.org/web/20220530220722/https://www.businessinsider.com/daniel-defense-guns-in-uvalde-buy-now-pay-later-2022-5

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #268 on: May 31, 2022, 10:06:57 AM »
I have seen the "financing" offered on a number of websites.  I generally ignore it. 

By "ads targeting young people", are they talking about getting on their email list?  Daniel Defense does send emails occasionally.  I haven't noticed them targeting "young people", but people see what they want to see.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #269 on: May 31, 2022, 10:13:10 AM »
I haven't noticed them targeting "young people", but people see what they want to see.

They seem to be insinuating that DD is tying into video games like Call of Duty, which I think are played by a lot more than "young people". The antis might want to check themselves on that tactic. I seem to remember that some in the pro-gun community were pushing video games as the cause in some past shootings, and the dems pretty rabidly called them out on blaming video games.

Video games can certainly be a discussion, but I think both sides might want to look at the mental state of individual video game players vs "people who play violent video games." Some of us can separate fantasy from reality while others can't.

Which, regarding mental state, apparently there are now photos floating around of the shooter with bags of bloodied and dead cats. It appears he had a fetish regarding torturing and killing animals, especially cats. He also talked about raping women. More and more overt signs, and oblivious parents that look to be drug-addled morons.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #270 on: May 31, 2022, 10:24:38 AM »
He says the police were standing around in full gear near the door

Hero off-duty Border Patrol agent who armed himself with a barber’s shotgun just dropped a bomb on the Uvalde Police Department
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/05/31/hero-off-duty-border-patrol-agent-who-armed-himself-with-a-barbers-shotgun-just-dropped-a-bomb-on-the-uvalde-police-department/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #271 on: May 31, 2022, 10:58:33 AM »
Which, regarding mental state, apparently there are now photos floating around of the shooter with bags of bloodied and dead cats. It appears he had a fetish regarding torturing and killing animals, especially cats. He also talked about raping women. More and more overt signs, and oblivious parents that look to be drug-addled morons.

I need a link. It's important, because IIRC the Parkland shooter also had a history of killing cats.

I need to document the parallels. (And there are a LOT of parallels.)

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #272 on: May 31, 2022, 11:05:56 AM »
I need a link. It's important, because IIRC the Parkland shooter also had a history of killing cats.

IIRC a few others as well
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #273 on: May 31, 2022, 11:10:49 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-video-shows-texas-school-shooter-salvador-ramos-holding-bag-dead-cats

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #274 on: May 31, 2022, 11:48:26 AM »

An animal cruelty/mutilation fetish is a key indicator of psychopathy.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB