Author Topic: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting  (Read 25250 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting
« Reply #275 on: May 31, 2022, 08:01:27 PM »
Could be overblown, don't know

Aaron Katersky
@AaronKatersky
The Uvalde Police Department and the Uvalde ISD police force are no longer cooperating with the @TxDPS
 investigation into the massacre at Robb Elementary and the state’s review of police response, multiple law enforcement sources told @ABC

w/ @JoshMargolin
Aaron Katersky
@AaronKatersky
·
2h
Replying to
@AaronKatersky

@TxDPS
 and 2 others
The decision to stop cooperating occurred soon after Col. Steven McCraw held a news conference Friday during which he said the delayed police entry into the classroom was “the wrong decision” and contrary to protocol
https://twitter.com/AaronKatersky/status/1531741990026629131?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Uvalde Police Department ‘no longer cooperating’ with state investigation into the school shooting
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/05/31/uvalde-police-department-no-longer-cooperating-with-state-investigation-into-the-school-shooting/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #276 on: May 31, 2022, 08:37:13 PM »
https://twitter.com/AaronKatersky/status/1531741990026629131?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Uvalde Police Department ‘no longer cooperating’ with state investigation into the school shooting
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/05/31/uvalde-police-department-no-longer-cooperating-with-state-investigation-into-the-school-shooting/

Surprise, surprise.

Where's my shocked face? I know I have it around here, somewhere.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #277 on: May 31, 2022, 11:15:11 PM »
An animal cruelty/mutilation fetish is a key indicator of psychopathy.

Brad

I remember during the first day there was someone saying that there were no indicators in social media that would have alerted law enforcement.  Sounds like either they weren't looking or this stuff wasn't in the usual places. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #278 on: May 31, 2022, 11:18:23 PM »

I am sure the ones who made the decision to NOT enter the classroom are the ones who ordered that non-cooperation. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #279 on: June 01, 2022, 04:33:19 AM »
I remember during the first day there was someone saying that there were no indicators in social media that would have alerted law enforcement.  Sounds like either they weren't looking or this stuff wasn't in the usual places. 

They always say that then the next day you find out that indeed there were PLENTY of indicators.

I’m willing to bet this *expletive deleted*ck was very well known to the PD as well they just didn’t want to do anything because it would have hurt their funding and crime statistics. Just like Parkland.

I can’t think of very many active shooters in schools that didn’t fit this mold. It’s never truly a real suprise to the people who know them BUT the authorities have a vested interest in not stopping them
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #280 on: June 01, 2022, 08:24:43 AM »
Besides... politicians need school shootings.

"That kid is probably gonna do something stupid, and then we can stop it, and ask for more funding."

oops.
Blog under construction

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #281 on: June 01, 2022, 09:17:13 AM »
I highly doubt that school shootings are specifically maliciously allowed to progress for mercenary reasons.

However, I also don't think that any of the suggested solutions to prevent future school shootings are intended to stop them.  As with many legislative efforts the tragedy is simply a convenient excuse to bring about the laws they wanted to pass anyway.  See PATRIOT act, COVID policy, etc.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #282 on: June 01, 2022, 09:24:49 AM »
I highly doubt that school shootings are specifically maliciously allowed to progress for mercenary reasons.

However, I also don't think that any of the suggested solutions to prevent future school shootings are intended to stop them.  As with many legislative efforts the tragedy is simply a convenient excuse to bring about the laws they wanted to pass anyway.  See PATRIOT act, COVID policy, etc.

This
Never let a tragedy go to waste
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #283 on: June 01, 2022, 09:37:03 AM »

I agree with that.  I think their indifference to the deaths and single minded focus on using the tragedy makes it appear to be malicious especially when they roll out their media campaigns without minutes of the tragedy occurring. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #284 on: June 01, 2022, 10:03:49 AM »
NPR
@NPR
The AR-15 is designed to blow targets apart. Its bullets travel with such velocity that they can decapitate an adult.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/06/01/npr-does-their-part-to-stop-gun-violence-by-peddling-blatant-disinformation-about-ar-15s/

This is where the unbiased and respected NPR got their information:

https://theintercept.com/2022/05/26/ar-15-uvalde-school-shooting-vietnam-war/

All about the AR-15 in Vietnam.

Oh, and The Intercept got their information from Gawker.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #285 on: June 01, 2022, 10:06:30 AM »
I agree with that.  I think their indifference to the deaths and single minded focus on using the tragedy makes it appear to be malicious especially when they roll out their media campaigns without minutes of the tragedy occurring.

They merely wait for their stage cue, their lines were already scripted.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #286 on: June 01, 2022, 11:28:20 AM »

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #287 on: June 01, 2022, 11:33:20 AM »
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/06/01/npr-does-their-part-to-stop-gun-violence-by-peddling-blatant-disinformation-about-ar-15s/

This is where the unbiased and respected NPR got their information:

https://theintercept.com/2022/05/26/ar-15-uvalde-school-shooting-vietnam-war/

All about the AR-15 in Vietnam.

Oh, and The Intercept got their information from Gawker.

... and a 9x19 round will blow a lung out of the body ...
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #288 on: June 01, 2022, 11:34:49 AM »
... and a 9x19 round will blow a lung out of the body ...

Biden said THE lung.
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #289 on: June 01, 2022, 12:22:12 PM »

Won't work, as Jan 6th proves.  Of course there's the argument over the nature of the Jan 6th events but side-stepping that and giving it all the animosity and violence the left attributes to it, the cops did nothing.  Just like Uvalde.

You can't BUY your way out of the problem.

(Yes, I know it's the Bee).
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #290 on: June 01, 2022, 12:25:08 PM »
And they would have to put a fence up and we all know fences don't work
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #291 on: June 01, 2022, 12:35:08 PM »
They are now rolling back the story about the teacher propping open the door.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #292 on: June 01, 2022, 12:41:00 PM »
Link?
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #293 on: June 01, 2022, 12:47:11 PM »
Nevermind

They have now determined that the teacher, who has not been identified, propped the door open with a rock, but then removed the rock and closed the door when she realized there was a shooter on campus, said Travis Considine, chief communications officer for the Texas Department of Public Safety. But, Considine said, the door did not lock.

Says confirmed by additional footage

Door Propped-Open by Uvalde Teacher Was Verified Closed Before Gunman Arrived: DPS
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/texas-news/teacher-closed-propped-open-door-before-uvalde-school-shooting-police/2981940/
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 01:00:03 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #294 on: June 01, 2022, 01:09:23 PM »
So not good:  https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/06/01/uvalde-school-district-calls-the-cops-on-reporters/

The school district is calling the police on reporters claiming that their offices are private property and asking the police to criminally trespass the reporters.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #295 on: June 01, 2022, 01:21:26 PM »
So not good:  https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/06/01/uvalde-school-district-calls-the-cops-on-reporters/

The school district is calling the police on reporters claiming that their offices are private property and asking the police to criminally trespass the reporters.

School officials need to learn what being a public school really means.

On the other hand, lots of reporters could use a few lessons in respect and decorum.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #296 on: June 01, 2022, 01:40:14 PM »
Nevermind

Says confirmed by additional footage

Door Propped-Open by Uvalde Teacher Was Verified Closed Before Gunman Arrived: DPS
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/texas-news/teacher-closed-propped-open-door-before-uvalde-school-shooting-police/2981940/

It's still procedural neglect on the part of a unionized and heavily protected workforce.

Chances are the door has one of those push-bars that can be locked in the open position with a hex key through a hole in the push-bar. 

Out of convenience, it was unlocked so that someone could exit and enter repeatedly.  Sounds like the school was having a bunch of classroom parties at the end of the school year and teachers were using the door to bring things in and out.  There's an "informal" way to prop the door open that is taken for granted:  the rock.  Then evidently someone went and requested a more formal unlock procedure from a janitor or groundskeeper, and the door was deliberately unlocked.  But the teacher pool was not unified in knowing exactly how the door was currently secured, or how to go about ensuring it was secured when confronted with a gunman.  And the person who disabled the lock did not respond immediately to the weak point in the security.

That's still a human error.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #297 on: June 01, 2022, 03:07:34 PM »
boomhauer noted,

"I can’t think of very many active shooters in schools that didn’t fit this mold. It’s never truly a real suprise to the people who know them BUT the authorities have a vested interest in not stopping them..."

It's worth thinking about that point.

SWAT pic

All that iron would have done more good in the hands of the teachers.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #298 on: June 01, 2022, 04:27:18 PM »

California Senate Passes Bill No Longer Requiring Teachers To Report Certain Student Incidents To Law Enforcement
https://www.dailywire.com/news/california-senate-passes-bill-no-longer-requiring-teachers-to-report-certain-student-incidents-to-law-enforcement

I am not sure this is as bad as it sounds, but interesting they would pass this now.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #299 on: June 01, 2022, 04:46:02 PM »
The AR has now been upgraded to "turning people into dust" when shot. That is one magic rifle.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1532021577440706560
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."