Author Topic: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting  (Read 25182 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting
« Reply #300 on: June 01, 2022, 04:50:28 PM »
The AR has now been upgraded to "turning people into dust" when shot. That is one magic rifle.
To be fair, it does turn victims to dust if they have to wait for Uvalde police to respond.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #301 on: June 01, 2022, 06:02:01 PM »
Door Propped-Open by Uvalde Teacher Was Verified Closed Before Gunman Arrived: DPS

Another good reason to keep the doors closed:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-mountain-lion-high-school-classroom
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #302 on: June 01, 2022, 06:06:25 PM »
The AR has now been upgraded to "turning people into dust" when shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YaUgn72o3Q

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #303 on: June 01, 2022, 06:28:20 PM »
Chances are the door has one of those push-bars that can be locked in the open position with a hex key through a hole in the push-bar. 

Out of convenience, it was unlocked so that someone could exit and enter repeatedly.  Sounds like the school was having a bunch of classroom parties at the end of the school year and teachers were using the door to bring things in and out.  There's an "informal" way to prop the door open that is taken for granted:  the rock.  Then evidently someone went and requested a more formal unlock procedure from a janitor or groundskeeper, and the door was deliberately unlocked.  But the teacher pool was not unified in knowing exactly how the door was currently secured, or how to go about ensuring it was secured when confronted with a gunman.  And the person who disabled the lock did not respond immediately to the weak point in the security.

That's still a human error.

Do you have a link? Or is this speculation?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #304 on: June 01, 2022, 07:50:35 PM »
The AR has now been upgraded to "turning people into dust" when shot. That is one magic rifle.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1532021577440706560

Well, now everyone's going to want one.

I think this sort of talk persuades more psychos to upgrade their shooting spree weapons.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #305 on: June 01, 2022, 08:07:52 PM »
According to The View the problem is Christian nationalism
Which they also blame for slavery and racism
yeah........

https://www.foxnews.com/media/the-view-cohost-blames-christian-nationalism-mass-shootings
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #306 on: June 01, 2022, 11:27:19 PM »

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2022, 11:28:57 PM »
Do you have a link? Or is this speculation?

Just speculation.  I worked for a school district for about 5 years though, as an IT tech.  Teachers are great ones for disregarding policy.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #308 on: June 04, 2022, 09:15:54 AM »

Imagine this:  An AR15 chambered in..................... 9mm!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #309 on: June 04, 2022, 09:53:53 AM »
Uvalde Incident Commander Ordered Border Patrol Not to Enter Classroom During Massacre
https://www.democracynow.org/2022/6/2/headlines/uvalde_incident_commander_ordered_border_patrol_not_to_enter_classroom_during_massacre

Maybe not new news.  The police guy seems determined not to go after the shooter.   

Arredondo told CNN he’ll talk about the massacre when “families quit grieving.”
That could be decades from now if never.  Stupid statement.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #310 on: June 04, 2022, 09:55:33 AM »
Uvalde Incident Commander Ordered Border Patrol Not to Enter Classroom During Massacre
https://www.democracynow.org/2022/6/2/headlines/uvalde_incident_commander_ordered_border_patrol_not_to_enter_classroom_during_massacre

Maybe not new news.  The police guy seems determined not to go after the shooter.   

Yeah, heard something a couple of days ago that the guys who went in and took out the kid went in against orders.
Haven't found any confirmation on that but I can believe it based on what's been coming out.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #311 on: June 04, 2022, 09:56:21 AM »
House Democrats want to probe role Border Patrol played in Uvalde response: 'This tragedy raises questions'
https://www.theblaze.com/news/house-democrats-probe-border-patrol-uvalde-response

House Democrats on the Homeland Security Committee sent a letter to Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas asking him to explain the Border Patrol's role in the Uvalde response.

"While details surrounding the horrific shooting at Robb Elementary School are still emerging, it has been reported that U.S. Border Patrol Tactical Unit (BORTAC) agents and Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) agents brought this deadly incident to an end when they contravened local law enforcement’s decision not to engage and entered the classroom and killed the shooter," the letter stated.
The administrative punishment is ramping up.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #312 on: June 04, 2022, 09:58:09 AM »
And right on cue maybe confirmation
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #313 on: June 04, 2022, 09:59:38 AM »
House Democrats want to probe role Border Patrol played in Uvalde response: 'This tragedy raises questions'
https://www.theblaze.com/news/house-democrats-probe-border-patrol-uvalde-response

The Democrats wanted a larger death toll.  It works better for them politically.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #314 on: June 04, 2022, 10:00:31 AM »

The only real punishment they're interested in actually dishing out is against law abiding gun owners
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #315 on: June 04, 2022, 10:03:26 AM »
Make that DERANGED law abiding gun owners

MSNBC’s Chris Hayes trips over the Founders while slamming ‘deranged’ interpretation of the 2nd Amendment
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/06/04/msnbcs-chris-hayes-trips-over-the-founders-while-slamming-deranged-interpretation-of-the-2nd-amendment/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #316 on: June 04, 2022, 10:05:26 AM »
Uvalde mom handcuffed by 'coward' cops for trying to rush in and save her kids inside school says police threatened her with probation violation for obstruction of justice if she spoke to media
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10884403/Uvalde-mom-handcuffed-coward-cops-trying-rush-save-kids-says-cops-threatened-her.html

She said she was called by an officer who said she would be hit with legal trouble over a charge against her from over a decade ago.  But she insisted she would not be cowed and would continue sharing her story after the judge ruling over her previous case said she would be fine.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 10:27:02 AM by MechAg94 »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #317 on: June 04, 2022, 10:16:56 AM »
In Uvalde, A Picture Is Emerging Of Extreme Cowardice And Incompetence Among Local Police
https://thefederalist.com/2022/05/27/in-uvalde-a-picture-is-emerging-of-extreme-cowardice-and-incompetence-among-local-police/

I just thought this information should be reposted. 

At the news conference, Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw said the on-scene commander mistakenly believed that the shooter had barricaded himself in the classroom and that “there were no kids at risk,” which is just a euphemism for believing that all the kids in the classroom had already been killed. Pressed on this by reporters in a series of tense exchanges, McCraw at one point said, “From the benefit of hindsight where I’m sitting now, of course it was not the right decision. It was the wrong decision. Period.”

Who made that decision? McCraw said that the on-scene commander was the chief of police of the Uvalde school district, a man named Pete Arredondo. Chief Arredondo was not at the press conference, and no one has heard from him since Tuesday.
I see a some people online getting this confused.  The school district had a Chief of Police.  There were armed officers in or near the school.  I haven't seen any info on what they were doing or where they were when all this started.  And as the article points out, why would that guy think it was a hostage situation when they had kids calling from inside the room saying they were being killed? 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #318 on: June 04, 2022, 10:23:23 AM »
Texas school shooting: Sister of Uvalde police officer says cops 'did not retreat'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-school-shooting-sister-uvalde-officer-police-retreat

"They did not retreat until the shooter was down. They were in there the entire time. People don't understand, people think nobody was inside during that time. They were inside, they just couldn’t get to the shooter. The shooter would come out and shoot at them. There was no way for them to just go in there and shoot," said Chapa.
This quote jumped out at me.  If he was coming out to shoot at them, couldn't they shoot back?  If it was just one time maybe.

I guess I am trying to picture in my mind what everyone was doing.  Were they just outside the door or down the hall around the corner?  Surveillance video would be very helpful to understand what was happening during all that time.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #319 on: June 04, 2022, 10:32:14 AM »
Do they not have rope and lampposts in Uvalde?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #320 on: June 04, 2022, 10:56:51 AM »
One thing I just don't understand about this crime. I thought police in America were falling all over themselves to murder homo sapiens of color.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #322 on: June 04, 2022, 11:28:09 AM »

Not stupid at all. It's called "evasion." He's counting on the incident having passed out of the national conscience before the families end their grieving -- that means he'll never have to talk to the press.

He was just elected to the cit council. I wonder if he'll have the balls to show up for meetings.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #323 on: June 04, 2022, 11:29:32 AM »
More info on the murderer's behavior:

https://thinkcivics.com/has-anyone-highlighted-this-key-detail-about-the-texas-shooters-background-check/

Does NICS really flag an address for a having a prohibited possessor?  I remember G. Gordon Liddy saying his wife had quite a nice firearm collection.  And nobody went after them for having guns in the house.
Formerly sumpnz

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #324 on: June 04, 2022, 11:31:28 AM »
Does NICS really flag an address for a having a prohibited possessor?  I remember G. Gordon Liddy saying his wife had quite a nice firearm collection.  And nobody went after them for having guns in the house.

I don't seem to recall them giving the address during the phone call. I could be wrong on that since it's been awhile since a KY CCDW bypasses the need to call
- Calvin and Hobbes