Author Topic: SHOT Show Stuff  (Read 2657 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: SHOT Show Stuff
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2024, 01:46:14 PM »
I saw a used S&W K17 .22 with a longish barrel at a local gun store, just browsing at lunch.  I might have to go back there after work.   
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2024, 05:37:00 PM »
Thermal Pistol Optic!?! | Holosun | Shot Show 2024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWbx-iV7LSg

Holosun night vision / thermal options.  The concept thermal optic involves a pistol red dot that has a thermal overlay from light/thermal device.  Sounds cool if it works out.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2024, 05:37:26 PM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2024, 07:17:07 PM »
Revolver for K-Frame: >:D

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thetruthaboutguns.com/shot-show-2024-taurus-adds-the-327-magnum-to-the-t-o-r-o-line/amp/

Not the worst thing I've seen, actually.

Although I still wouldn't trust one as a primary defensive gun, Taurus revolvers have come a LONG way since what they were in the 1980s.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2024, 08:03:07 PM »
Gotta say I'm with K-Frame here.  Nothing has popped up that I've thought "I'd love to have that."  Everything is tacticool rails and optics.  I've posted about it before.  I remember back in my youth going to tge sporting goods store with my dad, and spending most of my time staring at cases of blued steel and wood.  I miss metal guns, personalizing with new grips, and leather holsters.

God, I got old, didn't I?
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2024, 08:26:50 PM »
I like wood and steel, but I don't need EVERYTHING to be that way.  Some stuff needs to be light weight, have mounts for lights, and a good way to mount optics. 

I can see myself buying the Daniel Defense H9.  Assuming the first run works out okay with reviewers and others.  That PSA 37mm flare launcher looks sweet.  Outside of that, not much. 

I did see a note that one of the companies would be making wood furniture for AR's.   =)

This is one wood and steel gun I want, but it is 2023.
https://dkfirearms.com/product/zastava-arms-pap-m77-battleworn-wood-furniture-308win-7-62x51/

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2024, 08:28:41 PM »

This is one wood and steel gun I want, but it is 2023.
https://dkfirearms.com/product/zastava-arms-pap-m77-battleworn-wood-furniture-308win-7-62x51/

Been eyeballing that for my next big purchase.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2024, 09:24:42 PM »
Wood and steel?

]

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2024, 02:15:00 AM »
Right now I want a .22LR handgun with a threaded barrel. I can machine things for a red dot if I need to. I also want a 9mm semi carbine that will take Glock 17/19 magazines.

Gonna happen within the next year or so.
Blog under construction

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2024, 07:09:53 AM »
Right now I want a .22LR handgun with a threaded barrel. I can machine things for a red dot if I need to. I also want a 9mm semi carbine that will take Glock 17/19 magazines.

Gonna happen within the next year or so.

I recently picked up a FN 502 Tactical and am really happy with it.  It shoots really well. Suppresses very well.  All around a great gun.  Highly recommend.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2024, 08:45:20 AM »
Wood and steel?

]
I'd like one of those . . . with a binary trigger. Looks like a fun gun to play with, but from reading about it I'd expect production guns to be in the $2k range, perhaps a bit higher. Too much for a range toy I'd probably only shoot a couple of times and put in the back of my safe. (If I still had any room.  :rofl: ) I'll spend my money elsewhere.

. . . Everything is tacticool rails and optics. . .
When it comes to firearms and accessories, quite often "Tactical" is code for "Overpriced and underperforming."

My rule of thumb is "The more impressive the ad copy, the less impressive the product."  So if something is called "Ultimate tactical spec ops fire dragon ninja master class pro grade" . . . it probably won't work at all.  :old:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2024, 09:37:54 AM »
I recently picked up a FN 502 Tactical and am really happy with it.  It shoots really well. Suppresses very well.  All around a great gun.  Highly recommend.

Good to know.  There is also a Walther/Colt 1911 22LR that works pretty well and comes with a threaded barrel adapter.  Works well suppressed.  I got it before Glock and FN came out with theirs. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2024, 09:41:40 AM »
I'd like one of those . . . with a binary trigger. Looks like a fun gun to play with, but from reading about it I'd expect production guns to be in the $2k range, perhaps a bit higher. Too much for a range toy I'd probably only shoot a couple of times and put in the back of my safe. (If I still had any room.  :rofl: ) I'll spend my money elsewhere.
When it comes to firearms and accessories, quite often "Tactical" is code for "Overpriced and underperforming."

My rule of thumb is "The more impressive the ad copy, the less impressive the product."  So if something is called "Ultimate tactical spec ops fire dragon ninja master class pro grade" . . . it probably won't work at all.  :old:

I wouldn't say they are worse, but the value per dollar gets lower.  You can get a solid AR for $1000 to $1500 depending on how "good" you want it to be.  Beyond that, you are paying for premium stuff that may or may not be worth it. 

That changes with some of the non-AR military rifle designs.  Many are worse than a good AR, but the unique design means the base cost is higher. 

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2024, 01:20:43 PM »
Seen at SHOT show:

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2024, 01:21:59 PM »
Now the question is was that done on purpose or not?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2024, 01:34:12 PM »
Just had to share this:

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter45/status/1750640101510496596

Just how big of a *expletive deleted*up at your regular job at the BATFE do you have to be to get assigned to the SHOT show?   ???

bob

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2024, 02:00:43 PM »
Operating tactical operator glock fanboys ain't gonna talk to that fellow...
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2024, 02:37:22 PM »
https://youtu.be/vnVrDE8RMm4?si=d5n5GwXkm3d2fcte

AR15.com guy and Brownells gun smith talking about their top products at SHOT show.  Different tastes.

I bet if you were at SHOT Show, you could probably spend all day looking at Wood/Steel guns and accessories.  However, I bet those don't get the Youtube views and interest from the majority of the gun enthusiasts who spend money. 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2024, 03:08:12 PM »
https://youtu.be/vnVrDE8RMm4?si=d5n5GwXkm3d2fcte

AR15.com guy and Brownells gun smith talking about their top products at SHOT show.  Different tastes.

I bet if you were at SHOT Show, you could probably spend all day looking at Wood/Steel guns and accessories.  However, I bet those don't get the Youtube views and interest from the majority of the gun enthusiasts who spend money.

Thank you. I watched the whole video and couldn't figure out who that guy was. I've seen him in a few Brownells videos.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2024, 04:11:35 PM »
I met him at the NRA Show in Houston last time it was here.  I don't remember his name.  He was at their booth with the rest of their guys answer questions and helping people. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2024, 04:47:32 PM »
One of the Classic Firearms videos talked to Taurus.  They are making a single action army revolver with a transfer bar safety.  Might be interesting at the right price. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2024, 05:10:05 PM »
Gotta say I'm with K-Frame here.  Nothing has popped up that I've thought "I'd love to have that."  Everything is tacticool rails and optics.  I've posted about it before.  I remember back in my youth going to tge sporting goods store with my dad, and spending most of my time staring at cases of blued steel and wood.  I miss metal guns, personalizing with new grips, and leather holsters.

God, I got old, didn't I?

You just have a discerning nature, TOM. Not a damned thing wrong with that.

All these frigging yunguns oohing and aahing over a bunch of shiny baubles, on the other hand...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2024, 10:05:35 AM »
Bilson Arms BA-15FC Pump Style Forward Charging Rifle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG7XQFnVJaI

Pump action for charging the rifle.  Not sure what I think of this.  Seems like more stuff on the rifle for a benefit that isn't enough. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2024, 10:55:05 AM »
Bilson Arms BA-15FC Pump Style Forward Charging Rifle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG7XQFnVJaI

Pump action for charging the rifle.  Not sure what I think of this.  Seems like more stuff on the rifle for a benefit that isn't enough. 

Yeah, I look at that and think....

what's the point?